Don't Open, Dead Inside: "The Walking Dead" Discussion/Reaction/Anticipation Thread

Who was the person in the distance at the end?
Mar 20, 2017 9:23 PM
0 0
Robin McDonaldWho was the person in the distance at the end?

They've been teasing this phantom figure for like the last year or so. Right? Don't they keep showing glimpses of people kind of lurking in the shadows. All the way back when Darryl was tracking the Wolves and happened upon that weird ass cabin in the woods. But infuriatingly, nothing ever seems to come of it. I assumed the figure in the back of Father Gabriel's car was one of the garbage dump gang but what if it was just another peekaboo involving this guy? He had a crossbow so maybe it was Dwight. Hell, I don't know. They need to shit or get off the pot about it already.
Mar 20, 2017 10:24 PM
0 0
D.H.
Robin McDonaldWho was the person in the distance at the end?

They've been teasing this phantom figure for like the last year or so. Right? Don't they keep showing glimpses of people kind of lurking in the shadows. All the way back when Darryl was tracking the Wolves and happened upon that weird ass cabin in the woods. But infuriatingly, nothing ever seems to come of it. I assumed the figure in the back of Father Gabriel's car was one of the garbage dump gang but what if it was just another peekaboo involving this guy? He had a crossbow so maybe it was Dwight. Hell, I don't know. They need to shit or get off the pot about it already.

I thought it looked like Daryl which would make no sense.
Mar 20, 2017 10:57 PM
0 0
Robin McDonaldI thought it looked like Daryl which would make no sense.

Well, according to this article it supposedly was.
Mar 21, 2017 2:32 AM
0 0
I think it's Dwight.

Mar 21, 2017 2:40 AM
0 0
why they'd expect us to believe it was Darryl is beyond me, and if it is, F THIS SHOW.?
Mar 21, 2017 4:08 PM
0 0
Hard to think it was Daryl - how'd he get there so fast, and find Rosita? ?I think it is Dwight (who has Daryl's cross bow, I think).
Mar 22, 2017 4:03 PM
0 0
What will disappoint me is if Eugene is a complete turncoat. ?I am holding out hope that he was upset because Sasha and Rosita are messing up his plans. ?He still has two cold tablets perfectly measured to kill Negan. ?Maybe he even had discussed this possibility with Rick - that he might get taken into Negan's confidence? ?Someone on the inside has to stir up the serfs in the factory - of course that could be Dwight or they could spontaneously rise. ?Or maybe some of them are the husbands and sons of the women Tara is going to contact (I assume) next episode.
Mar 22, 2017 4:07 PM
0 0
BukamaHard to think it was Daryl - how'd he get there so fast, and find Rosita? ?I think it is Dwight (who has Daryl's cross bow, I think).

It was. And from what I can infer it appears that Rick is going to have Daryl teabag Dwight.
Mar 27, 2017 4:20 AM
0 0
That would be cool.

So that was a good ending to a pretty good episode because it was physically painful that I couldn't see the next one.
I wonder what Sasha would have done if Eugene had brought her something sharp. I don't think she expected a pill
but I expected a pill. Its weird to think they go back to the junk yard to drop off the guns.

I read ?their official name is The Scavengers but on set they call themselves the heapsters.
I think it would be good if the show just jumped ahead next week past any negotiations or business with Jadis.
Someone labeled the theme of this episode cowardice which sounds right to me.

I'm not going to complain but note that nothing ever seems to be going on in Hilltop. I don't get what's going on with
that place.
Mar 27, 2017 6:52 AM
0 0
Robin McDonaldThat would be cool.

So that was a good ending to a pretty good episode because it was physically painful that I couldn't see the next one.
I wonder what Sasha would have done if Eugene had brought her something sharp. I don't think she expected a pill
but I expected a pill. Its weird to think they go back to the junk yard to drop off the guns.

I read ?their official name is The Scavengers but on set they call themselves the heapsters.
I think it would be good if the show just jumped ahead next week past any negotiations or business with Jadis.

I'm not going to complain but note that nothing ever seems to be going on in Hilltop. I don't get what's going on with
that place.

Judging by her reaction when Eugene gave her the pill, Sasha was hoping for something she could later use on Negan. The guns Rick and the rest took from the women were probably for them. They might give a few to the Garbage Pail Kids. And it looked like Gregory, having read the writing on the wall, was arranging to go see Negan's second-in-command. He knew his days as Hilltop leader were numbered after hearing that guy call Maggie "Boss Lady" and then having that group of workers see him for the inept coward he actually is. And as for that "little bird" Negan mentioned that tipped him off to Rick's true intentions I'm not sure if that was supposed to imply it was Eugene or maybe it was somehow Gregory or if Negan was playing mind games with Sasha and trying to get her to divulge something.
Mar 27, 2017 1:27 PM
0 0
I wish each episode were like that...every story got advanced a bit further. Glad they decided to do something sort of interesting with Sasha instead of just flat out having Neegan kill her, which he'll presumably do in the season finale anyway.?

The stuff with the beach community was rushed but if it gets us to the war with the saviors, ok.?

Was reading an interview with Kirkman and he seemed to imply the show would continue past S8 (if the ratings are still there) and that the events of the ?S7 finale will change the frame work of the show going forward. Not sure what that could mean...its been pretty much the same formula since S3. I'd be content with them having an end date in mind rather them trying to drag things out.?
Mar 27, 2017 1:34 PM
0 0
I ain't reading anything, as i've got the last 2 episodes to watch

But why bother as RT's signing in front page keeps fucking ruining it for me
Mar 27, 2017 5:01 PM
0 0
88 Miles Per HourI wish each episode were like that...every story got advanced a bit further. Glad they decided to do something sort of interesting with Sasha instead of just flat out having Neegan kill her, which he'll presumably do in the season finale anyway.?

The stuff with the beach community was rushed but if it gets us to the war with the saviors, ok.?

Was reading an interview with Kirkman and he seemed to imply the show would continue past S8 (if the ratings are still there) and that the events of the ?S7 finale will change the frame work of the show going forward. Not sure what that could mean...its been pretty much the same formula since S3. I'd be content with them having an end date in mind rather them trying to drag things out.?
Kirkman or another higher up at the show says that about every season. :p
Mar 27, 2017 5:47 PM
0 0
D.H.
Robin McDonaldThat would be cool.

that place.

Judging by her reaction when Eugene gave her the pill, Sasha was hoping for something she could later use on Negan. The guns Rick and the rest took from the women were probably for them. They might give a few to the Garbage Pail Kids. And it looked like Gregory, having read the writing on the wall, was arranging to go see Negan's second-in-command. He knew his days as Hilltop leader were numbered after hearing that guy call Maggie "Boss Lady" and then having that group of workers see him for the inept coward he actually is. And as for that "little bird" Negan mentioned that tipped him off to Rick's true intentions I'm not sure if that was supposed to imply it was Eugene or maybe it was somehow Gregory or if Negan was playing mind games with Sasha and trying to get her to divulge something.

[

I'd guess he'd have to give them quite a few more than twenty guns. I think they wanted double. But no matter.
Should I read into what you said that Maggie will take over Hilltop and join the with Rick and the rest?
Mar 27, 2017 6:08 PM
0 0
Robin McDonaldShould I read into what you said that Maggie will take over Hilltop and join the with Rick and the rest?

I thought it was a done deal since they had already shown them drilling the Hilltoppers on knife fighting etc. The only hindrance was Gregory and since he had instructed the guy to drive him somewhere using the map that Negan's man (tequila guy) had provided him. Of course it could all blow up and Dwight might actually be setting a trap and Gregory might alert Negan and who knows what else.
Mar 27, 2017 8:50 PM
0 0
Funny how they're still able to hot wire cars that have been laying around for years now.

Mar 28, 2017 3:28 PM
0 0
The YETIFunny how they're still able to hot wire cars that have been laying around for years now.

Not to mention all the gasoline should have gone bad by now.
Mar 28, 2017 3:56 PM
0 0
DeschainNot to mention all the gasoline should have gone bad by now.

They actually addressed this on The Last Man On Earth. Well smart Phil did anyway. Then he died of a burst appendix and they went back to ignoring it.
Mar 28, 2017 4:19 PM
0 0
And I sorta stopped paying attention but is there still the occasional well manicured lawn in the background? Not to mention those shiny washed and waxed cars.
Mar 28, 2017 4:22 PM
0 0