Rate the Last Movie You Watched: Split 3

Garmarnatwo photos - no one knows what they're from?

Way to post something that no one has any idea what its from, you stupid cuck pedophile.
May 7, 2017 4:14 PM
0 0
REDS - (7/10)

Very entertaining with a great cast. Over the top action, shoot 'em up flick. Sequel sucked balls though, like most sequels do.
May 7, 2017 8:46 PM
0 0
Colossal 8/10
May 7, 2017 9:49 PM
0 0
Death Proof

Way to post something that no one has any idea what its from, you stupid cuck pedophile.

He does the same thing on blu-ray.com forums. He was just banned though.
May 7, 2017 9:50 PM
0 0
Chris Burge
Death Proof

He does the same thing on blu-ray.com forums. He was just banned though.

Good. He'll get re-banned here eventually. Most of the mods are gone but Genie usually deletes his perverted ass when he sees him.

I must admit I would really like to know why he obsessively keeps creating new accounts. And I know he knows english well enough he could explain it. He's just a little coward.
May 7, 2017 10:33 PM
0 0
Chris BurgeColossal 8/10

Yeah, I liked it, too.

I thought Jason Sudeikis turned in an Oscar-quality performance. What do you think?

May 7, 2017 10:34 PM
0 0
Black Philip
Death Proof
Chris BurgeColossal 8/10

Yeah, I liked it, too.

I thought Jason Sudeikis turned in an Oscar-quality performance. What do you think?

He was good and it was one of the few times I thought Anne Hathaway did a really good job. Normally I don't care for her but it's a Nacho film and I can't not watch it.

I agree. I want more Nacho.
May 7, 2017 10:44 PM
0 0
Chris BurgeColossal 8/10

I agree. I was impressed by the final act and by the film's creativity in general. Probably my favorite of the year so far (though I haven't seen much).
May 7, 2017 11:09 PM
0 0
Death Proof
Chris BurgeColossal 8/10

Yeah, I liked it, too.

I think so too. The 2nd half caught me by surprise.
May 8, 2017 1:37 AM
0 0
The Beast of Hollow Mountain (1956) - 4/10 - Not as bad or as inept as something like Reptilicus but for a short (79 minute) movie they don't even bother referencing the "beast" until the 30 minute mark. And that's only a few growls and his shadow. Then it doesn't actually appear onscreen until 45 minutes in. Maybe because it's kind of cheesy looking with a tongue that flaps around like a party favor. But it still wasn't as boring as Reptilicus.
May 8, 2017 4:36 AM
0 0
Guardians of the Galaxy vol.II- definitely an improvement over the first/10
May 8, 2017 7:36 PM
0 0
Garmarna
pedo shit

Fuck off.
May 10, 2017 2:45 PM
0 0
The Prestige (2006) - 9.5/10
May 10, 2017 11:29 PM
0 0
Superman A+

Superman II; Donner Cut A-

Lester's can diaf.
May 11, 2017 3:06 AM
0 0
Two recent watches...

Ex Machina (2015) What does it take to be human? to think independently? That is the question that floats above this minimalistic sci-fi drama from writer/director Alex Garland. Ex Machina follows Caleb (Domnhall Gleeson), a young programmer that has won a week at the secluded estate of his boss, Nathan (Oscar Isaac). Caleb soon realizes that he is to be the protagonist of Nathan's latest project, which is to administer the Turing test to his latest creation, Ava (Alicia Vikander), a humanoid robot Nathan has created.

Ex Machina's biggest success is to present a thought-provoking story while avoiding the usual flares and bangs of most sci-fi films. There are no big action pieces, the special effects are minimal, although still impressive (moreover when you consider that they didn't use green screens or track markers), and the performances range from solid (Gleeson) to great (Isaac and Vikander). Isaac, on one hand, manages to convey both the frustration and the narcissism inside Nathan without overdoing it. There's so much more inside him that you don't see, and yet you know it's there. On the other hand, Vikander convinces and shines as the smart/naive humanoid, showing both humanity and artificiality within herself. Gleeson's role might be the less showy, but he delivers.

Even though the film doesn't have a big bombastic moment, it still manages to thrill and hook you; and the final act has enough "aha!" moments to keep you on your toes, without feeling overdone. To be honest, I was about to give this a B+, but the more I think about it, the more it has stuck with me; and that's what makes a good/great film for me. Grade: A-

...and while Ex Machina tries to get you inside the mind of a robot, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986) tries to get you inside the mind of a serial killer. Henry follows the titular character (Michael Rooker) as he wanders from city to city, leaving a trail of murders behind. The film tries to put you inside the mind of Henry, who seems to be carrying childhood issues with him which may, or may not be causing him to kill.?

But the film doesn't try to delve too much into that. The film seems to be more focused on Henry's interactions with his roommate, Otis, and his sister, Becky, who has just come to live with them. While he seems to get very close to Becky, he also develops a vicious, criminal bond with Otis.

The film is far from bad, but it sure feels a bit scattered and all over the place. The structure of the story is not that strong, with no clear conflict or climax. I do think the film was bold in its depiction of the violent crimes, and in its ending. But despite that, and Rooker's performance, it wasn't much to write home about. Grade: B-
May 11, 2017 3:52 AM
0 0
Legend(2016) D

Tom Hardy plays dual roles here as the Kray brothers, infamous London gangsters of the swinging sixties. Hardy turns in a notable performance but the rest of the film is lacking. It doesn't make for a very compelling character study nor is it a very memorable gangster pic. The script doesn't feel properly developed and there are characters and plot lines that are never fully realized. Which is kind of baffling considering Brian Helgeland won an Oscar for LA Confidential.?
May 11, 2017 6:59 AM
0 0
GarmarnaYet more page-stretching pictures

I fucked your mom. In the ass. Hard. Fast.

How do you like them apples, shithead?
May 11, 2017 2:28 PM
0 0
Stu
Posted a review of the original Guardians Of The Galaxy on Letterboxd recently, to get me hyped to see Vol. 2. Long story short, it held the fuck up, definitely.
May 11, 2017 4:23 PM
0 0
Black PhilipYou should see the 1990 British movie The Krays. It's so much better.

Agreed. I can't recommend completely skipping Legend though. If only for the sake of comparison.
May 11, 2017 7:38 PM
0 0
...and speaking of the Internet.

Deep Web (2015) An insightful documentary focusing on the arrest and trial of Ross Ulbricht, the alleged founder of the Silk Road website, who ended up arrested and tried for various cyber-crimes. The documentary uses Ulbricht's trial to present a portrait of what we call the "deep web", the surge of the bitcoin, and other politics and ethics of the web.

The documentary, written and directed by Alex Winter and narrated by Keanu Reeves (Excellent!! *guitar riff*) lacks some "oomph", but it still manages to be insightful and thought-provoking, albeit a bit one-sided. It also succeeded in clearing up some myths that I had from this "deep web". Grade: B
May 15, 2017 2:47 AM
0 0