The Official All-Purpose "Who's a rapist/pedophile predor today?

I just saw a commercial for "Daddy's Home 2", featuring Will Ferrell, Mel Gibson, Mark Wahlberg, and thought, "huh, none of them have been outed as predators." Then I thought about how I was especially surprised Mel Gibson hasn't been outed as a predator. And then I thought, "wait, not only does he have a history of domestic violence, he's also a batshit crazy anti-Semite."

How the fuck does he still have a career?
Nov 13, 2017 4:49 AM
0 0
PaquitoHow the fuck does he still have a career?

Jesus.

#roymoore2017
Nov 13, 2017 6:22 AM
0 0
Next time I encounter someone who thinks teens should be able to consent to sexual relationships with adults, I'm going to cite this Op-Ed

What it's like to watch men like Roy Moore as a conservative and as a sex abuse survivor

At 12 years old, the author "swooned" over her good luck when her pastor kissed her, and began a sexual relationship with her. But in the long run, that relationship fucked her up pretty bad.
Nov 13, 2017 9:21 PM
0 0
PaquitoI just saw a commercial for "Daddy's Home 2", featuring Will Ferrell, Mel Gibson, Mark Wahlberg, and thought, "huh, none of them have been outed as predators." Then I thought about how I was especially surprised Mel Gibson hasn't been outed as a predator. And then I thought, "wait, not only does he have a history of domestic violence, he's also a batshit crazy anti-Semite."

This came up when my friends and I were discussing whether Kevin Spacey could ever mount a comeback. I still say no.
Nov 13, 2017 9:27 PM
0 0
Zuben
PaquitoI just saw a commercial for "Daddy's Home 2", featuring Will Ferrell, Mel Gibson, Mark Wahlberg, and thought, "huh, none of them have been outed as predators." Then I thought about how I was especially surprised Mel Gibson hasn't been outed as a predator. And then I thought, "wait, not only does he have a history of domestic violence, he's also a batshit crazy anti-Semite."

This came up when my friends and I were discussing whether Kevin Spacey could ever mount a comeback. I still say no.

I believe that part of the reason that Mel Gibson is (partially) accepted back into the business is because he also has done some pretty tremendous deeds for people in the business that have earned him some loyalty. Even during his most abysmal public moments with the released phone call recordings and his DUI arrest, he had vocal defenders.
Nov 14, 2017 2:51 AM
0 0
I was wondering when Tom Sizemore would make an appearance.
Nov 14, 2017 3:01 AM
0 0
Seems pretty easy to distinguish Mel Gibson. He spewed some hateful shit, but he didn't break any laws or assault or victimize anyone. I don't think he's a good guy or anything, but he doesn't really deserve to be a complete pariah like those that have gone down in this latest wave.
Nov 14, 2017 3:12 AM
0 0
NimChimpskySeems pretty easy to distinguish Mel Gibson. He spewed some hateful shit, but he didn't break any laws or assault or victimize anyone. I don't think he's a good guy or anything, but he doesn't really deserve to be a complete pariah like those that have gone down in this latest wave.

He pleaded guilty to domestic violence without admitting fault. There's apparently great evidence his girlfriend was trying to extort him when the act happened, but he took the plea.
Nov 14, 2017 3:14 AM
0 0
Didn't Gibson also tell Joe Eszterhas that he was talking to a couple of ex-FBI guys about having her killed?
Nov 14, 2017 3:24 AM
0 0
Janson JinnistanDidn't Gibson also tell Joe Eszterhas that he was talking to a couple of ex-FBI guys about having her killed?

He's friends with Joe Eszterhas? That's enough right there.
Nov 14, 2017 5:49 AM
0 0
Sorry, I just refuse to believe the star of The Man Without a Face is irredeemable.
Nov 14, 2017 3:58 PM
0 0
Bill Burr - Louis C.K.'s Sexual Misconduct

I haven't watched much of his standup, I'm going to check it out.
Nov 15, 2017 1:21 AM
0 0
PaquitoBill Burr - Louis C.K.'s Sexual Misconduct

This awful. His defence of Dave Becky, basically saying that he's an innocent, and his "I feel bad for both sides" stance are super gross, as is his "hey I've been sexually assaulted by middle aged women" equivocation. But all this is also in keeping with the worldview of a guy who has a bit criticizing the common line "there is never a good reason to hit a woman" by saying that there was probably a reason (it just doesn't mean you should actually hit her). Anyway, I couldn't get passed the first few minutes because I felt so embarrassed for him.
Nov 15, 2017 1:46 AM
0 0
LOLOLOLOL!!! So funny!

Nov 15, 2017 1:49 AM
0 0
I find Bill Burr hilarious because I don't have to 100% completely agree with someone's politics or ideology to think they're a good comedian. It's also why I can find Patrice O' Neal funny.
Nov 15, 2017 1:54 AM
0 0
DetrimentalI find Bill Burr hilarious because I don't have to 100% completely agree with someone's politics or ideology to think they're a good comedian. It's also why I can find Patrice O' Neal funny.

You also thought the google memo guy had some solid points.
Nov 15, 2017 1:59 AM
0 0
Nov 15, 2017 2:04 AM
0 0
Zuben
DetrimentalI find Bill Burr hilarious because I don't have to 100% completely agree with someone's politics or ideology to think they're a good comedian. It's also why I can find Patrice O' Neal funny.

You also thought the google memo guy had some solid points.

Because he did.
Nov 15, 2017 2:11 AM
0 0
Zuben
PaquitoBill Burr - Louis C.K.'s Sexual Misconduct

This awful. His defence of Dave Becky, basically saying that he's an innocent, and his "I feel bad for both sides" stance are super gross, as is his "hey I've been sexually assaulted by middle aged women" equivocation. But all this is also in keeping with the worldview of a guy who has a bit criticizing the common line "there is never a good reason to hit a woman" by saying that there was probably a reason (it just doesn't mean you should actually hit her). Anyway, I couldn't get passed the first few minutes because I felt so embarrassed for him.

He explicitly acknowledged that the reason nobody gives a fuck about men getting groped is the fact that men can defend themselves. i.e. He acknowledges that the critical difference is the balance of power. But you're so caught up in your self-righteous posturing that you completely missed that.

He's wrong about Becky. But it doesn't matter. This is a guy processing the news about people he knows personally, out loud in front of an audience, because that's what stand up comics do.
Nov 15, 2017 2:15 AM
0 0
DetrimentalBecause he did.

This is true. We really should demoralize diversity, deemphasize empathy, and stop persecuting conservatives simply because they don't want more minorities in the workplace.
Nov 15, 2017 2:34 AM
0 0