Major stuff you didn't notice in movies for an embarrassingly long time

Catbus
Rumpled 4 SkinThe infamous screen hogging "All right guy" from Ghostbusters

I've wondered if the voice was dubbed. Never seemed to match the extra.

There's no way they got that clean of audio on-set unless they had him mic'd, which they wouldn't've, because you don't mic extras, because then they graduate to speaking, and you have to pay them much more. What probably happened was they watched the footage, saw that they'd captured the man very clearly saying something, and it would be distracting to the viewers if they didn't have audio, so then they dubbed in a voice.
Nov 11, 2017 4:22 AM
0 0
Apex Predator
Wooley
Apex PredatorOK, maybe this is more song and less movie. But remember The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia?

It took me until several weeks ago when I discovered...

(Spoilers) The sister of the wrongfully convicted man was the killer (End Spoilers)

Yeah, little sister don't miss when she aims her gun.

Yeah, and this is how I eventually figured it out.
But how messed up is that? She's lecturing the town and judge, but her hands are just as bloody.

Yeah, what's really fucked up is she actually murdered her brother's wife and best friend and her brother hangs for it and she just lives with it.
Nov 11, 2017 8:37 AM
0 0
Rumpled 4 SkinThe Vulcan hand salute in Logan's Run

Which i just realized ironically means live long and prosper!!!

Ha! Not so long, runner.
Nov 11, 2017 8:40 AM
0 0
Deschain
Quite-Gone GenieIn Die Hard when Harry Ellis asks for some coke (cocaine) they bring him a Coke.

I've seen that movie a million times and know the moment they hand him the Coke but never put two and two together. That's brilliant.

Same here. Mind blown.
Nov 11, 2017 4:52 PM
0 0
Fiverrabbit

bye.
Nov 11, 2017 5:19 PM
0 0
There is a running joke in The Muppet Movie where one character will scream "That's a myth! A myth!" and then a woman with a lisp will appear and answer "Yeth?". For the longest time I thought she was just responding to the "th" sound at the end of the word. Then, on like my twelfth viewing I was like "Myth sounds like 'miss' with a lisp!!!!". A revelation for my 10 year old self.

At the end of Ace Ventura, when he turns the detective around to reveal she's actually a man, I totally did not understand that he just had tucked his penis. I thought that the idea was that he'd undergone sex change surgery but kept his penis and had it moved to the back of his body. I found this very, very confusing. The strong (incredibly homophobic!) reaction of all the men led me to believe they'd had sex with the character which was why they were so disgusted.
Nov 12, 2017 3:52 AM
0 0
Takoma1
At the end of Ace Ventura, when he turns the detective around to reveal she's actually a man, I totally did not understand that he just had tucked his penis. I thought that the idea was that he'd undergone sex change surgery but kept his penis and had it moved to the back of his body. I found this very, very confusing. The strong (incredibly homophobic!) reaction of all the men led me to believe they'd had sex with the character which was why they were so disgusted.

I remember seeing the film when I was a teenager and not knowing what to make of what Einhorn had in the back 😂 But anyway, to this day I still thought that the cops being disgusted was, like you said, a result of them having sex with her/him at some time. 😂 Who knows....
Nov 13, 2017 1:34 AM
0 0
Captain Terror

I just had this pointed out to me mere weeks ago.

I think quite a few of us are catching on to this as of now.
Nov 13, 2017 8:01 AM
0 0
The end credits.
Nov 13, 2017 9:04 AM
0 0
Another one for Ghostbusters - Recently saw it again and noticed Ray is eating some stay puft marshmallows earlier in the movie, forget which scene but the bag is definitely there.
Nov 13, 2017 7:26 PM
0 0
88 Miles Per HourAnother one for Ghostbusters - Recently saw it again and noticed Ray is eating some stay puft marshmallows earlier in the movie, forget which scene but the bag is definitely there.

Dana has a bag of them, too. When she puts her groceries on the counter and the eggs start exploding.
Did you ever notice that the image on the monitor when they have the possessed Louis hooked up to it shows a Terror Dog instead of a human head?
Nov 13, 2017 7:32 PM
0 0
Death Proof
88 Miles Per HourAnother one for Ghostbusters - Recently saw it again and noticed Ray is eating some stay puft marshmallows earlier in the movie, forget which scene but the bag is definitely there.

Dana has a bag of them, too. When she puts her groceries on the counter and the eggs start exploding.
Did you ever notice that the image on the monitor when they have the possessed Louis hooked up to it shows a Terror Dog instead of a human head?

the terror dog scene is more obvious - but yes, thats the scene I was referring too - Dana had them on her counter when Peter inspects her apartment.
Nov 13, 2017 7:34 PM
0 0
Takoma1There is a running joke in The Muppet Movie where one character will scream "That's a myth! A myth!" and then a woman with a lisp will appear and answer "Yeth?". For the longest time I thought she was just responding to the "th" sound at the end of the word. Then, on like my twelfth viewing I was like "Myth sounds like 'miss' with a lisp!!!!". A revelation for my 10 year old self.

I think at the very least that they all kissed Einhorn since Dan Marino has the same reaction.?
Nov 13, 2017 8:17 PM
0 0
DreCosby
Takoma1At the end of Ace Ventura, when he turns the detective around to reveal she's actually a man, I totally did not understand that he just had tucked his penis. I thought that the idea was that he'd undergone sex change surgery but kept his penis and had it moved to the back of his body. I found this very, very confusing. The strong (incredibly homophobic!) reaction of all the men led me to believe they'd had sex with the character which was why they were so disgusted.

I think at the very least that they all kissed Einhorn since Dan Marino has the same reaction.

Oh, I think that they probably all had experiences similar to what Ace experienced--kissing and flirting and seduction. But they are all SO disgusted (like vomiting over the railings) that my younger self assumed it must have been far more intense than that.
Nov 13, 2017 11:40 PM
0 0
Takoma1There is a running joke in The Muppet Movie where one character will scream "That's a myth! A myth!" and then a woman with a lisp will appear and answer "Yeth?". For the longest time I thought she was just responding to the "th" sound at the end of the word. Then, on like my twelfth viewing I was like "Myth sounds like 'miss' with a lisp!!!!". A revelation for my 10 year old self.

I watched the flick with my younger brother - As a 13 year old I understood the joke. As a 7 years old, he thought she'd crapped her pants. I suppose the joke sort of works both ways. haha.
Nov 14, 2017 2:31 PM
0 0
Not a major thing, but I did notice it relatively recently.

This season, when watching A Christmas Story, pay attention to the amount of clothing Ralphie and his family wear while indoors. They've got layers upon layers of shirts and sweaters on. Because the furnace is such a piece of shit (and crappy windows, no insulation, etc.).
Nov 15, 2017 12:09 AM
0 0
bump
Nov 15, 2017 4:31 AM
0 0
I was reading the book Future Noir about the making of Blade Runner and it mentioned how during preproduction Tyrell's owl went from real to artificial (basically a replicant) and how this fact was very clear in the movie because its eyes glow in the dark (I remembered the owl's eyes glowing but never really read too much into it). Then, the book proceeded to explain that in fact all replicants' eyes glow in the dark, which I never noticed. I immediately rewatched the movie, and sure enough, all replicants' eyes glow at least at some point in the movie.
Nov 16, 2017 5:02 AM
0 0
Daniel ChaeI was reading the book Future Noir about the making of Blade Runner and it mentioned how during preproduction Tyrell's owl went from real to artificial (basically a replicant) and how this fact was very clear in the movie because its eyes glow in the dark (I remembered the owl's eyes glowing but never really read too much into it). Then, the book proceeded to explain that in fact all replicants' eyes glow in the dark, which I never noticed. I immediately rewatched the movie, and of course, all replicants' eyes glow at least at some point in the movie.

As do Deckard's, of course.
Nov 16, 2017 8:51 PM
0 0
138Not a major thing, but I did notice it relatively recently.

This season, when watching A Christmas Story, pay attention to the amount of clothing Ralphie and his family wear while indoors. They've got layers upon layers of shirts and sweaters on. Because the furnace is such a piece of shit (and crappy windows, no insulation, etc.).

Kinda remember the mother shutting down the leg lamp due to worry about electrical costs when she's got 2-3 other lights on. LOL.
Nov 17, 2017 2:44 AM
0 0