I have not seen Thor yet and it is UPSETTING. KINDA

Wooley
Stu
?BaadroneI wonder how the media will be able to continue to portray Marvel as this overly controlling studio that doesn't allow filmmakers freedom while WB supposedly is the studio where filmmakers have all the freedom? This might have been the case 3-4 years ago but the roles have changed significantly.

Because the completely pointless cameo from Doctor Strange didn't feel at all like some corporate-mandated, universe-nodding BS forced upon Waititi by Feige & company...

*shifty eyes*

I thought it was fun, kept the crossover thing going, and provided the slapstick portion of the film.

I thought it made sense too. As the MCU expands off world, characters like Dr. Strange are going to be needed to bridge the earth with all these other fantastical places.
Besides, it was just a funny scene. Loki bitching about falling for 30 minutes, etc. More importantly, it shows just how powerful the Sorcerer Supreme is. Here he is with basically 2 ancient GODS. He is able to contain one in a free fall and effortlessly manipulates the other. When they get unruly he's just like "Whatevs..*sling ring*"
I liked it.
Nov 14, 2017 12:08 PM
0 0
bump
Nov 15, 2017 4:31 AM
0 0
Stu
Just wrote something about this, and, long review short, while most of the sub-plot on Asgaard and some of the more dramatic moments were somewhat lacking, I still ultimately didn't regret paying to see Thor: Ragnarok in theaters, as, flaws and all, it was still a fun, creative, and unusually colorful time at the movies, and it finally gives us the legitimately good Thor movie we've been waiting on for over half a decade now. Hammer Of The Gods, strike on!
Nov 16, 2017 7:26 PM
0 0