Stranger Things 2

wirthling
ZubenJust a quick ten hours of tv, eh boys?

Nine.

Another spoiler!
Oct 28, 2017 10:30 PM
0 0
Seriously though Wirth, people might to comment halfway through the binge.
Oct 28, 2017 11:06 PM
0 0
You're the only person here who thinks saying "Barb thing" or "Chicago adventure" is a spoiler and it's ridiculous and I am hence ignoring your absurd griping about these things.

If somebody reasonable agrees with Zuben that I'm posting spoilers, though, I'll go back and redact my posts.
Oct 29, 2017 12:32 AM
0 0
Actually, decided to just go back and white it out. Happy trails.
Oct 29, 2017 1:22 AM
0 0
Ive watched four episodes and stuff is only kind of starting to happen, but I still have no sense of the story. Its sooooo slooooow.
Oct 29, 2017 1:56 AM
0 0
Yeah it's really really slow. I just hope it's building up to something spectacular or this season has a been mostly a bust.
Oct 29, 2017 2:21 AM
0 0
I've watched five. I'm going to keep watching, obviously, but for now I'm fine with saying this season is actually just bad.
Oct 29, 2017 2:41 AM
0 0
Wasn't that taken with the first season. Maybe I'll just fast foward to the Wynona Rider parts?

Its nice to see that everybody isnt completely fawning over this show like other sub-forums on this site...
Oct 29, 2017 3:43 AM
0 0
Ugh, this season. Episode 6 had things happening, even if they are dumb things that is really just, literally just, "season one . . . but more!", but you know, some action, some momentum, so that was good . . . and then the show fucking detours to episode 7 which is beyond entirely pointless.
Oct 29, 2017 4:41 AM
0 0
Ending aside, episode 8 is "pretty good," even if it's just basically Jurassic Park for 2/3 followed by some hand-waving nonsense, but the ending is so good! The feeling in that moment has been absolutely absent most of the season, and it just highlights the deep structural problems this season has had. I'm looking forward to the last hour now, but that it all has to come down to that to make this season worthwhile--a season I still couldn't really tell you the through-line of in a straightfoward way--is a real shame.
Oct 29, 2017 8:42 PM
0 0
Final episode: the extended coda was the best part, because it had much of the focus on character that has been missing throughout much of the season. The "resolution" of the "threat" was pretty generic sci-fi nonsense, though. And if there's a worse, more pointless character this season than Max's brother, I'll be surprised.

Anyway, I've decided to write season three. Basically, it's the same as the other two, except each season needs a different D & D character to lazily reference as a shorthand for establishing actual knowledge.

Sheriff: "I don't get it! What is this thing?"

Dustin: "Don't you see, it's like...it's like..."

Mike grabs a D&D manual and flip it open. "Here!"

Lucas: "Right, it's a Beholder Kin!"

Joyce: "A Be-what-er what?"

Dustin: "A Beholder Kin. It's like, a floating orb with a bunch of eyes that is smart and evil!"

Sheriff: "What does this Beholder Kin want?!"

Eleven: "To destroy us. To destroy us all. And also to make us into puppets."

Steve [close-up]: "Let's go."
Oct 29, 2017 9:51 PM
0 0
All in all i'd give it a 6.5-7.0. It was pretty much the same as the first but a lot slower and with even more superfluous subplots. I was hoping they would go more in depth with the lore and stuff but like Nim said they just used D&D to explain everything which was a lot more annoying this time around.
Oct 30, 2017 1:08 AM
0 0
My twitter feed right now is basically guys viciously fighting over David Harbour. I love the internet.
Oct 30, 2017 3:54 AM
0 0
I think I enjoyed it more than most of you. Sure, there were some weird distractions and sometimes there was some schmaltzy tone when the world was under attack, but for me it was a solid 8/10. We barely even got to see the kid who played Will last year, but that little fucker is a fantastic actor. Millie Bobby Brown will be the next Jodie Foster/Natalie Portman/Emma Watson who's so bloody good, but it will be weird because you've seen them since their youth so when the eventual nude scene comes into play in 7 or 10 years it will be very uncomfortable.
Oct 30, 2017 4:27 AM
0 0
Just finished.

I'm not sure I get the complaints about the show being slow. It hinted at a larger mystery right outta the gates, and - IMO - had the patience to build up a few other storylines while still addressing the larger mystery. How was this such a problem? I actually felt S1 was super rushed and left a lot to be desired (and explained) with its pace. Not just with story balance, but with character development, relationships, photography, dialogue, horror and humor, and frankly just fewer flaws, this season easily surpasses the first. I mean, I still have issues (a few obvious holes mentioned earlier in this thread), and Winona Ryder is still an acting weakness slash miscast, but otherwise, even factoring in fan service, this is just a much-improved TV show.
Nov 4, 2017 7:27 AM
0 0
The Big Bad's very last scene: "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids"
Nov 11, 2017 11:42 PM
0 0
There shouldn't be a need for a third season. There shouldn't be anything outstanding that needs to be resolved, and the first two seasons together should have felt like a satisfying, complete story.

Unfortunately... there was that unnecessary Chicago distraction. I actually didn't mind it when I watched it, but looking back, it's clear it didn't add anything to the story, and only exists to provide an excuse to have season 3. Even worse, it looks like they're going to resurrect Dr Brenner to represent the lab in season 3. So far, it's looking to be kinda shitty.
Nov 11, 2017 11:57 PM
0 0
NimChimpskyAnd if there's a worse, more pointless character this season than Max's brother, I'll be surprised.

Spoilers: Eight. For the reasons I described in my last post.
Nov 12, 2017 12:03 AM
0 0