Stranger Things 2

Original Poster
I'm starting part one. So far, David Harbour has not proposed to me. I'm giving it an F.
Oct 27, 2017 4:18 PM
0 0
Oh yeah let's use spoiler tags here. If you don't, David Harbour won't spoon feed you ice cream.

Oct 27, 2017 4:22 PM
0 0
Small, but...

Being the only person dressed for Halloween in middle school would have murdered me.

Cute touch!
Oct 27, 2017 5:39 PM
0 0
Sean Astin's character is such a loveable cuck.
Oct 27, 2017 6:53 PM
0 0
Who cast these kids? Like, we knew the rest were pretty good from last season, but the kid who plays Will is great.
Oct 27, 2017 7:33 PM
0 0
Okay, in part four...

No one in the lab looked in Nancy's bag?!? It's a small detail but it's one of those things that bugs me.

The story's picking up, finally. I like these characters a lot and obviously there's a lot the show has to cover about how the last year has changed them before plunging into a new story, but I was like, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, get to it! I'm liking it so far. It definitely feels more like a sequel than a second season. It's mostly a new story.
Oct 27, 2017 9:10 PM
0 0
MeowOkay, in part four...

No one in the lab looked in Nancy's bag?!? It's a small detail but it's one of those things that bugs me.

The story's picking up, finally. I like these characters a lot and obviously there's a lot the show has to cover about how the last year has changed them before plunging into a new story, but I was like, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, get to it! I'm liking it so far. It definitely feels more like a sequel than a second season. It's mostly a new story.

David Harbour smoking and making a meal while being compassionate but still kinda closed off and utterly unsure of how to handle someone else's problems much less his own but he tries because he's a good man putting on a hot uniform is something I will never get sick of.
Oct 27, 2017 9:12 PM
0 0
It took a while but now it's hitting that sweet spot-- there's a compelling mystery and some supremely lovable characters being scared. Out of the new additions to the show, Sean Astin is the best.
Oct 27, 2017 10:27 PM
0 0
I watched the first episode and everything was just great. I was hyped for the return of the old characters and the new ones seem cool as well.
Oct 27, 2017 10:30 PM
0 0
DetrimentalI watched the first episode and everything was just great. I was hyped for the return of the old characters and the new ones seem cool as well.

I'm on part 6 and my reaction is AAAAAAHHHH!!!! It's a damn good expansion of the first season. It takes a while to get into the main threat and everything, but once it gets moving, it's great.
Oct 28, 2017 12:00 AM
0 0
Episode 7...

Of course I love the 80s Chicago misfits, but did they just decide to give El a makeover for no reason? LMAO.
Oct 28, 2017 12:29 AM
0 0
It starts slow, but that was good! If you liked the first season I think you'll like this.
Oct 28, 2017 3:06 AM
0 0
MeowIt starts slow, but that was good! If you liked the first season I think you'll like this.

The third season better change up more of the formula, though. This was fun but a third time would get tiresome.
Oct 28, 2017 3:07 AM
0 0
I agree with a lot Sepinwall says here about what works and what doesn't. It's a good season, but just like the first season, it's far from perfect. The only thing is... (this is a spoiler for the whole season)

I didn't mind the Barb attention. It makes sense this would gnaw away at Nancy, her best friend died violently and it's plausible if she knew everything she does now?she could have prevented it. That's something you'd turn over in your head again and again. It also served as a way to finally get rid of the lab at the end, which means season 3 will be forced to change that aspect of whatever adventure they go on. It's a good change for the series.

I definitely agree the climax of this season was better than the first.

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/stranger-things-2-review-spoilers-recap-highs-lows/6/
Oct 28, 2017 3:11 PM
0 0
Oh, and... (spoilers for the whole show, again)

The drawings definitely felt like the Duffers eagerly insisting, "You motherfuckers loved this shit last season, WELL WE'RE DOING IT AGAIN, LOSERS!" I mean it was different enough?that it didn't bother me too much, especially since Will is around and seemed as confused as everyone else.
Oct 28, 2017 3:19 PM
0 0
A little heavy on the fan service and I could have used less of the Hopper being overprotective thing, but very enjoyable overall. Ready for season 3.
Oct 28, 2017 9:42 PM
0 0
Just a quick ten hours of tv, eh boys?
Oct 28, 2017 9:48 PM
0 0
MeowI agree with a lot Sepinwall says here about what works and what doesn't. It's a good season, but just like the first season, it's far from perfect. The only thing is... (this is a spoiler for the whole season)

I didn't mind the Barb attention. It makes sense this would gnaw away at Nancy, her best friend died violently and it's plausible if she knew everything she does now?she could have prevented it. That's something you'd turn over in your head again and again. It also served as a way to finally get rid of the lab at the end, which means season 3 will be forced to change that aspect of whatever adventure they go on. It's a good change for the series.

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/stranger-things-2-review-spoilers-recap-highs-lows/6/

I agree with about half to two-thirds of that. The Barb thing was most of what I was referring to as fan service. It felt like they were writing parts of this season as a direct response to somebody's blog's criticisms of the first season. It is defensible on a character basis, like Meow explains, but it feels tacked on and like overcompensation.

I did really like the Mind Flayer. Reminded me a lot of a nightmare I had when I was a kid.

And the Chicago adventure...that felt strangely shoehorned into the season. Different tone, the timeline seems out of whack, and, like Sepinwall points out, one-dimensional characters.

But whatever, quibbles aside, the things that worked for me (most of the central characters and their development, the big bad, Bob) worked well enough to make the show well worth watching.
Oct 28, 2017 10:03 PM
0 0
ZubenJust a quick ten hours of tv, eh boys?

Nine.
Oct 28, 2017 10:04 PM
0 0
wirthling
MeowI agree with a lot Sepinwall says here about what works and what doesn't. It's a good season, but just like the first season, it's far from perfect. The only thing is... (this is a spoiler for the whole season)

I agree with about half to two-thirds of that. [a shit ton of spoilers]

Reread Meow's second post. Nice and sloooow. Notice anything?
Oct 28, 2017 10:30 PM
0 0