New Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer

Original Poster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-qnbOVhM_U
Oct 10, 2017 3:06 AM
0 0
Wait, I thought Luke was superduper force powerful? Guess not...
Oct 10, 2017 3:13 AM
0 0
Puffin NubbinsWait, I thought Luke was superduper force powerful? Guess not...

nobody's perfect.

also I'm expecting a lot of deception with that trailer's editing. intriguing!
Oct 10, 2017 4:35 AM
0 0
Welp, got my tickets.
Oct 10, 2017 4:47 AM
0 0
If it's as mediocre as the last two Disney entries than consider me downloading it for free when it's available.
Oct 10, 2017 5:26 AM
0 0
Much less exciting than the TFA trailer. Not a fan of the CGI effects and overly busy action sequences. Reminds me too much of the prequels. And another CGI alien, and as a sidekick to Chewbacca? Ugh. The first part of the trailer with Rey training looks awesome though.

Also, why is Kylo Ren always maskless? I get it, Adam Driver has got chops and you want to show him off, but so does Lupita Nyong'o, an Oscar winner, and yet she's invisible in TFA.

It bothers me because I thought Kylo was genuinely spooky when he first appeared in TFA. Very menacing. Soon as the mask comes off, he's a whiny angsty emo hipster. Which is fine, for the story and all, but it makes for a much less engaging villain when he's vulnerable 70% of the time he's on the screen. Judging by the trailer, same thing is going to happen here. I hope not though, and that they're just trying to advertise their stars.
Oct 10, 2017 8:18 AM
0 0
This will be movie of extraordinary magnitude!
Oct 10, 2017 8:59 AM
0 0
Large WangThis will be movie of extraordinary magnitude!

I watched it with compwete and totaw concentwation.
I'm pretty excited to see where they take this.
Oct 10, 2017 10:20 AM
0 0
Izzy BlackMuch less exciting than the TFA trailer. Not a fan of the CGI effects and overly busy action sequences. Reminds me too much of the prequels. ?And another CGI alien, and as a sidekick to Chewbacca? Ugh. The first part of the trailer with Rey training looks awesome though.

Also, why is Kylo Ren always maskless? I get it, Adam Driver has got chops and you want to show him off, but so does Lupita Nyong'o, an Oscar winner, and yet she's invisible in TFA.

It bothers me because I thought Kylo was genuinely spooky when he first appeared in TFA. Very menacing. Soon as the mask comes off, he's a whiny angsty emo hipster. Which is fine, for the story and all, but it makes for a much less engaging villain when he's vulnerable 70% of the time he's on the screen. Judging by the trailer, same thing is going to happen here. I hope not though, and that they're just trying to advertise their stars.

No disagreement with your first paragraph. We've seen far too many "overly-busy" action sequences in this series. Sometimes less is more.
Second paragraph: Kylo Ren is maskless to give him an identity different from Vader, and keep him from becoming "Vader Jr.". Lupita Nyong'o, IMO, comes through just fine in her part, because we SEE her face (under the CGI). With the mask on, Kylo Ren is simply too much like Vader.
Third paragraph: See second paragraph. Yes, "very menacing"... just like Vader. Again, let's not have "Junior" show up too often. And yes, he has the whiny angsty emo hipster temperament because that's what he is. He's NOT Vader. He's trying to be Vader, but he doesn't have the "history" (and he's got too many healthy arms and legs). If this is the way they're going, let's not waste it. Remember, he's killed his own father, now we see him (possibly) bearing down on the ship his mother is in. Can he pull the trigger (no, because we've already been told Leia is in Episode IX)? Then what does he do when he can't do the deed?
Regardless, it's a different dynamic for this trilogy. Snoke is the bad guy, Kylo Ren is the new Anakin, but maybe the Dark Side doesn't pull him in all the way, giving him some proxy redemption for Anakin, his grandfather.
I still can't believe Rey is anything but Luke's daughter. If not, the payoff is simply flat.
Oct 10, 2017 1:00 PM
0 0
I'm calling it right now: those APE-APE walkers are gonna jump! They're gonna jump and leap around and beat their mecha chests. Why else design them that way if not to flip out, scoop and toss their mecha dookie, and eat massive bananas because who couldn't use a nosh?

I also noticed the extreme lack of fucks given about "practical effects" (as if Awakens had much of those), so the shroud of nostalgia has fallen. You can't make a movie of this scale in two years with pragmatics.

I'll just bookmark the trailer and only see it again after the film arrives.

Fiver
Large WangThis will be movie of extraordinary magnitude!

I watched it with compwete and totaw concentwation.

Queu pueu wueu!
Oct 10, 2017 1:20 PM
0 0
I assume Chewbacca's new friend is helping him cope with the loss of Han. like a therapy dog.

I don't mind cute as long as cute don't act like it knows it's cute. like those ewoks.
Oct 10, 2017 2:41 PM
0 0
Oxnard MontalvoI assume Chewbacca's new friend is helping him cope with the loss of Han. like a therapy dog.

I don't mind cute as long as cute don't act like it knows it's cute. like those ewoks.

Oct 10, 2017 4:07 PM
0 0
Star Wars VIII: Scourge of the Ewok

Oct 10, 2017 4:10 PM
0 0
Oxnard MontalvoI assume Chewbacca's new friend is helping him cope with the loss of Han. like a therapy dog.

Ewoks are higher in the food chain than we are. That's what THEY know.
Oct 10, 2017 4:29 PM
0 0
And let's not forget these fuckers.

Ice, ice kittehz.

Oct 10, 2017 4:33 PM
0 0
D.H.Star Wars VIII: Scourge of the Ewok

Looks like a guinea pig I had once.
Oct 10, 2017 5:03 PM
0 0
D.H.Star Wars VIII: Scourge of the Ewok

Gotta up the cute factor, I guess. R2, move over for BB8. Chewie, make room for Disney Rat.
Oct 10, 2017 6:53 PM
0 0
Looks quite good, which isn't omg now now now. My hype metre isn't really up for this, that's okay nowadays. Good SW is better than no SW.
I think Snoke's development remains key for me. If he's just some oafish PJ Hobbit baddie, I'll be letdown. If he's cued into Sith dna, I'm in. That would up the stakes for the characters & this 'new' galaxy for me.

Oct 10, 2017 7:30 PM
0 0
I like what I'm seeing in these shots.

Oct 10, 2017 7:38 PM
0 0
BaadroneI like what I'm seeing in these shots.

This is what I want. A villain with purpose instead of just because.
Oct 10, 2017 8:15 PM
0 0