The thread about all things Harvey Weinstein

At this point, I think even Harvey's bathrobe feels regret. Almost every allegation begins with "Harvey opened the door while wearing his bathrobe."
Oct 12, 2017 5:41 PM
0 0
Janson JinnistanBy the way, that Ad-Rock video or whatever doesn't work.

I hope that it's more than a clip of the "Fight For Your Right" video with the Spanish Fly.

try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P38eypsTCFk

Oct 12, 2017 6:03 PM
0 0
Oct 12, 2017 8:27 PM
0 0
Janson JinnistanThat's a lot of stuff not about Harvey Weinstein.

It starts here, and it finishes everywhere! One pervert enters, all perverts leave...
Oct 12, 2017 9:03 PM
0 0
Puffin Nubbins

Background, establishing a culture of systemic abuse, as I have claimed.

Also, if we're to squeal about alleged "whataboutisms" Rob Reiner trying to frame this in terms of Trump being worse is a hoot, as is Weinstein's pledge to fight the evil NRA.

Yeah, cuz it's against the rules to change your alignment mid-game. You're either "Chauvinist Neutral" or you can GET OWT!
Oct 12, 2017 9:06 PM
0 0
Rated NCC-1701
Puffin Nubbins

Also, if we're to squeal about alleged "whataboutisms" Rob Reiner trying to frame this in terms of Trump being worse is a hoot, as is Weinstein's pledge to fight the evil NRA.

Yeah, cuz it's against the rules to change your alignment mid-game. You're either "Chauvinist Neutral" or you can GET OWT!

What the fuck are you even on about?
Oct 12, 2017 9:27 PM
0 0
Puffin Nubbins
Rated NCC-1701
Puffin Nubbins

That even a throbbing cunt can have virtues and still be a throbbing cunt.

Oct 12, 2017 9:38 PM
0 0
Rated NCC-1701
Puffin Nubbins
Rated NCC-1701
Puffin Nubbins

Yeah, I am still not seeing how that is getting traction with my particular post.

Who is changing their alignment "mid-game"?
Oct 12, 2017 10:12 PM
0 0
Puffin Nubbins
Rated NCC-1701
Puffin Nubbins
Rated NCC-1701
Puffin Nubbins

Yeah, I am still not seeing how that is getting traction with my particular post.

Harvey is, by being a cancerous fuck who challenges cancerous fucks of a different nature.

"Is traction the only endgame for you?" Rated said, not really asking.
Oct 12, 2017 10:43 PM
0 0
What a sick bastard that guy is. Sexual assault is serious shit that shouldn't be toyed with, and it has destroyed a lot of people's careers (or in some cases, you keep your career, but this haunts you for the rest of your life. Take these guys for example.

[img=660x340]https://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/media/img/mt/2017/04/AP_60224657078-1/lead_960.jpg?1492631883[/img]

Oct 12, 2017 11:47 PM
0 0
In Harvey's defense, the guy's just not very good looking. I can sympathize with him exercising his power in the way he did in order to make up for the several rejections he likely collected in his youth.
Oct 12, 2017 11:58 PM
0 0
Rated NCC-1701
Puffin Nubbins
Rated NCC-1701
Puffin Nubbins
Rated NCC-1701
Puffin Nubbins

Harvey is, by being a cancerous fuck who challenges cancerous fucks of a different nature.

You're working a little too hard at being clever, but thanks for clarifying your meaning.

The problem with Harvey is his display of his moral "virtues" is obviously NOT a display of moral virtue, but a desperate deflection. He's not a bad person who has some valuable beliefs. He is a bad person who is trying to mask and deflect from his badness by bringing in his moral beliefs. He has prostituted his alleged virtues, making him even more of a scumbag. He is attempting to pull off the maneuver depicted below in the film The Dead Zone.

?

Oct 13, 2017 12:04 AM
0 0
Since Oliver Stone has recently been defending Vladimir Putin, I guess it makes sense that he'd be on the wrong side of this issue as well.

Of course, I've also heard a ton of stories about Stone over the years - who was it he offered a role to for a quickie in the editing room of Natural Born Killers? - so he should probably be careful.

edit: whadda you know, Stone has already been called out by a former Playmate.

What a terrible thing to go through.
Oct 13, 2017 4:10 AM
0 0
Puffin Nubbins

I think it had to do with a post involving a phone number.

Apparently, there's some heat now on an Amazon Studios (presumably soon-to-be ex) President for making unwanted advances on a female producer of The Man in the High Castle.

Perhaps a sunlight can be shone on the whole industry hopefully which will lead to real change.
Oct 13, 2017 4:44 AM
0 0
Harvey Weinstein has now been expelled from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/14/business/media/harvey-weinstein-ousted-from-motion-picture-academy.html

Also, don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is a comprehensive list of all of Weinstein's accusers and what they are claiming. About 80% of them involve a massage and/or a bathrobe.

http://www.elle.com/culture/a12838402/a-full-list-of-harvey-weinsteins-accusers-and-their-allegations/
Oct 15, 2017 5:53 AM
0 0
David ChromiakHarvey Weinstein has now been expelled from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/14/business/media/harvey-weinstein-ousted-from-motion-picture-academy.html

Also, don't know if this has been posted yet, but here is a comprehensive list of all of Weinstein's accusers and what they are claiming. About 80% of them involve a massage and/or a bathrobe.

http://www.elle.com/culture/a12838402/a-full-list-of-harvey-weinsteins-accusers-and-their-allegations/

Ouch. One woman called him physically disgusting and another called him an unattractive man. I don't think his career is over but I hope so.
Oct 15, 2017 6:14 AM
0 0
Puffin Nubbins
Rated NCC-1701
Puffin Nubbins
Rated NCC-1701
Puffin Nubbins
Rated NCC-1701
Puffin Nubbins

You're working a little too hard at being clever, but thanks for clarifying your meaning.

The problem with Harvey is his display of his moral "virtues" is obviously NOT a display of moral virtue, but a desperate deflection. He's not a bad person who has some valuable beliefs. He is a bad person who is trying to mask and deflect from his badness by bringing in his moral beliefs. He has prostituted his alleged virtues, making him even more of a scumbag. He is attempting to pull off the maneuver depicted below in the film The Dead Zone.

?

Deflection of what basis? That Harvey wanted to blow up the world, aka women's nethers, and therefore anything else perceived as a do-gooding should be automatically denounced as the mask of the devil incarnate? Cause and effect are at odds here. It's the reason why some simply cannot fathom how Cliff Huxtable could be in the same club. Are Pulp Fiction and Good Will Hunting forever tainted by Harvey's inclusion? It's best to mourn what good was done by someone who clearly should have known better. Therein lies the middle ground that helps people gain understanding of one another, no matter how vile the one is. It's why movie villains have troubled backstories nowadays, because no one is born evil... right? There is a Vulcan aphorism: "Even Steve Mnuchin exec produced Mad Max: Fury Road".

And it's not "working too hard", it's mere, sheer "context".
Oct 15, 2017 7:40 AM
0 0
NCCDeflection of what basis?

Your claim was (basically) "Cunts can be virtuous". Basically, you are saying bad guys can have some good qualities, like taking the "right" stance on controversial issues.

This claim entirely misses the point I was making. Reiner's comparison to Trump and Weinstein's attack on the NRA occurred in the context (a term you claim to pay attention) of responding to the several allegations being made against Harvey.

Read real slow this time; you just might get it - When pressure is being applied on the question of Harvey's sexual misconduct and the answer the question offers up another issue in response, that's a deflection.
Oct 15, 2017 9:04 AM
0 0
Puffin Nubbins
NCCDeflection of what basis?

Your claim was (basically) "Cunts can be virtuous". Basically, you are saying bad guys can have some good qualities, like taking the "right" stance on controversial issues.

This claim entirely misses the point I was making. Reiner's comparison to Trump and Weinstein's attack on the NRA occurred in the context (a term you claim to pay attention) of responding to the several allegations being made against Harvey.

Read real slow this time; you just might get it - When pressure is being applied on the question of Harvey's sexual misconduct and the answer the question offers up another issue in response, that's a deflection.

You're alluding to an opinion whose basis that's easily in question, but you're durn tootin' to get to the bottom of that mystery and point those righteous fingers, ain'cha Scoob? Your BASIS from that stance was flawed from the get-go. My claim was that there is no "right" or "wrong" when dealing with someone who isn't an issue (part of one, to be sure), but a fucked up pedo who has decent and horrific sides to him. And silly me went on your basis, exposing your opinion as the gospel of Meathead you intended it to be, as well as your need to be the Woodward/Bernstein of RT. That position is filled. But go ahead and haphazardly cherry pick whatever I say that conveniently aids your crusade.

Do keep up. The class is pointing at laughing at you, and you're seconds away from a lifelong epithet. How Janson maintains the fortitude to stomach your rollercoaster thoughts is the real mystery.
Oct 15, 2017 5:42 PM
0 0
Bjork all but named Lars von Trier, which isn't really that surprising given his reputation for humiliating and abusing actors. Apparently, she sent a letter to Nicole Kidman warning her about him. Paul Bettany found him so repulsive that when he slept in the hotel next to his he tried to pull the bed away from the wall because he couldn't sleep knowing he was on the other side.
Oct 15, 2017 6:48 PM
0 0