The thread about all things Harvey Weinstein

Original Poster
I figured there would be one eventually....

anyway, a lot of confirmation of what was long since suspected i.e. he is a creep. I don't get a lot of joy reading these types of articles but it's probably better that this stuff come to light so at least there can be some accountability.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/harvey-weinstein-harassment-allegations.html
Oct 5, 2017 6:31 PM
0 0
I do know he's had history in the past of bullying his way into Oscar races. But this stuff about the women is kinda new.
Oct 6, 2017 2:12 AM
0 0
I remember watching something or other about this guy where they named names. I don't remember if it was a documentary or merely an expose of some kind. But I think Jennifer Lawrence was mentioned either as one of his "proteges" or someone whose career he took a personal interest in. They recounted the Ashley Judd story as well. This was on a few years back so it's nothing new.
Oct 6, 2017 2:31 AM
0 0
I'm giving this thread two days until I post enough pics to make it the "All Things Harvey Fierstein" thread.
Oct 6, 2017 7:17 AM
0 0
I bet he has the stickiest couch in hollywood!!!
Oct 6, 2017 12:46 PM
0 0
Gotta love this guy's phrasing: "...Im trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go"

Not to worry people, Harvey is gradually phasing out the harassment. Or at least he's trying to. So next time you have a meeting with him, he might just be wearing underwear underneath his bathrobe! And the time after that, he'll probably only be rubbing his belly and clicking his tongue at worst. Give him some time.
Oct 6, 2017 1:18 PM
0 0
I hereby officially nominate Jeff Garlin to play Weinstein in the compulsory docudrama. Unless it's on the E network then they'll probably trot out someone like Bobby Moynihan.

Oct 6, 2017 2:46 PM
0 0
Apparently if you aren't cool with making out, he's cool with saying fuck it and jerking off in front of you. In a kitchen.
Oct 7, 2017 4:27 AM
0 0
Apparently paying for hookers is not an option in Mr. Weinstein's world.
Oct 7, 2017 4:49 AM
0 0
These stories have been around for a long time, and I'm glad to see people put some credibility behind them.

The apology is just the worst. There's no credible sincerity there. "Oh, I'm sorry for consistently paying off settlements with confidentiality clauses to ensure they never speak out." Fuck this putz. He didn't just suddenly realize one day that this was terrible behavior.
Oct 7, 2017 5:24 AM
0 0
I thought this was well known information, that he basically trades sex for career advancements. It's good to see that people are actually doing something about it now.

I read an article a while back about "Harvey's Girls," all the A-list actresses in Hollywood who got a huge career boost because they agreed to sleep with Weinstein. It included lots of huge names like Jennifer Lawrence, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Alba, Sienna Miller...
Oct 7, 2017 5:42 PM
0 0
Nothing is going to really happen. Weinstein is way too connected in Hollywood and is still going to be well-liked and supported by the liberal elite in the long run.

Oct 7, 2017 5:48 PM
0 0
David ChromiakI thought this was well known information, that he basically trades sex for career advancements. It's good to see that people are actually doing something about it now.

I read an article a while back about "Harvey's Girls," all the A-list actresses in Hollywood who got a huge career boost because they agreed to sleep with Weinstein. It included lots of huge names like Jennifer Lawrence, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Alba, Sienna Miller...

As sleazy as Weinstein is, I don't feel sorry for any of those actresses if it's true.
Oct 7, 2017 6:01 PM
0 0
Johnny WishboneNothing is going to really happen. Weinstein is way too connected in Hollywood and is still going to be well-liked and supported by the liberal elite in the long run.

Dems seem to already be turning his donations over to various charities.

Johnny WishboneAs sleazy as Weinstein is, I don't feel sorry for any of those actresses if it's true.

As surprised as I am that you would take to blaming the victims in this case, it's worth pointing out that the most intriguing case in the story involves Emily Nestor, an aspiring actress whom Weinstein had promised to help with her career, for certain favors. Never heard of the actress Emily Nestor? Perhaps it requires some appreciation for the capacity of someone as powerful as Weinstein to effectively end one's career for being uncooperative to understand the extent of the power dynamic involved. Or as producer Lauren O'Connor put it: "The balance of power is me: 0, Harvey Weinstein: 10." The blame should be proportioned similarly.
Oct 7, 2017 8:52 PM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
Johnny WishboneNothing is going to really happen. Weinstein is way too connected in Hollywood and is still going to be well-liked and supported by the liberal elite in the long run.

Dems seem to already be turning his donations over to various charities.

Johnny WishboneAs sleazy as Weinstein is, I don't feel sorry for any of those actresses if it's true.

As surprised as I am that you would take to blaming the victims in this case, it's worth pointing out that the most intriguing case in the story involves Emily Nestor, an aspiring actress whom Weinstein had promised to help with her career, for certain favors. ?Never heard of the actress Emily Nestor? ?Perhaps it requires some appreciation for the capacity of someone as powerful as Weinstein to effectively end one's career for being uncooperative to understand the extent of the power dynamic involved. ?Or as producer Lauren O'Connor put it: "The balance of power is me: 0, Harvey Weinstein: 10." ?The blame should be proportioned similarly.

I don't claim to have any inside information but it is almost certain a large majority of them knew about Weinstein's antics and had no problem taking his money all these years. No one wants to swim close to a drowning man. And I'm not blaming the victim champ.

Oct 7, 2017 9:12 PM
0 0
Johnny WishboneI'm not blaming the victim champ.

OK. "Not acknowledging the victim" then, as you still pretend that this was some kind of consensual transaction.

But, true enough, we don't have all of the facts yet. Rose McGowan, for example, has referred to Weinstein as a rapist, and there was some kind of nasty incident that happened between them at Sundance in 1997. For some reason, I'm inclined to believe her.
Oct 7, 2017 9:38 PM
0 0
Louis CK was hit up with the same allegation, but I this is more believable for some reason. In Louis's case, the non-mutual self congratulatory session was a singular event. It sounds like Harvey has been a casting couch "coach" for quite some time now, and I doubt many are surprised. This dude wrote the book on Oscar campaign skullduggery.
Oct 7, 2017 11:34 PM
0 0
Feuer und EisLouis CK was hit up with the same allegation, but I this is more believable for some reason.?

Probably because the accusers in Weinstein's case are on the record attaching their names to the allegations. With Louis CK's case, it's all been blind items and conjecture so far. There's not even a "source who requested anonymity." I'm all for providing support for the victims in these instances, but we need to know there are actual victims before assigning blame.
Oct 7, 2017 11:42 PM
0 0
BadLieutenant
Feuer und EisLouis CK was hit up with the same allegation, but I this is more believable for some reason.?

Probably because the accusers in Weinstein's case are on the record attaching their names to the allegations. With Louis CK's case, it's all been blind items and conjecture so far. There's not even a "source who requested anonymity." I'm all for providing support for the victims in these instances, but we need to know there are actual victims before assigning blame.

Good point. The laundry list of famous actresses against Weinstein makes the Cosby scenario seem like a Z list docudrama at best. Obviously, the allegations are slightly less horrendous in nature, but the fact remains...Weinstein is a super creep.
Oct 7, 2017 11:55 PM
0 0
When Donald Trump calls you out as a sexual predator you're really doing some things.
Oct 8, 2017 2:09 AM
0 0