80s / 90s dystopian / cyberpunk science fiction

OK, I'll ask... how are the remakes? Robocop, Judge Dredd, probably countless others. Any worth watching?
Oct 10, 2017 2:17 PM
0 0
PenarinOK, I'll ask... how are the remakes? Robocop, Judge Dredd, probably countless others. Any worth watching?

Dredd is awesome- violent, funny, inventive. Should barely be mentioned in the same breath with Stallone's film.
Oct 10, 2017 2:35 PM
0 0
PenarinOK, I'll ask... how are the remakes? Robocop, Judge Dredd, probably countless others. Any worth watching?

I did say this 2 pages ago: the 2012 Dredd is excellent. Karl Urban was born to play Judge Dredd. If you can get over the fact that it's basically a remake of The Raid then you'll dig the hell out of it.

I wouldn't waste any time on Robocop or Total Recall.
Oct 10, 2017 3:27 PM
0 0

Dredd lacks the satire of the comic, although Judge Dredd barely touched upon that approach, but as a simple, straightforward adventure, it soars. Dare I say, it has the most realistic depiction of what it's like to be on drugs in such an appealing, even character developing way - those shots make you feel like you're on them.

Total Remake is actaully okay, as Bourne ripoffs go. A couple inspired chase sequences here, a badass Becknigsale there (far moreso than Underworld), minus the classic mindfuck of the original... you could do worse.

Have yet to see RebootCop. I long for the remake of Logan's Run, but absolutely fear the remake of Akira.
Oct 10, 2017 4:47 PM
0 0
Death Proof

I did say this 2 pages ago: the 2012 Dredd is excellent. Karl Urban was born to play Judge Dredd. If you can get over the fact that it's basically a remake of The Raid then you'll dig the hell out of it.

I wouldn't waste any time on Robocop or Total Recall.

Perfect, thanks!

I lost interest in the Robocop remake when I heard it was PG-13. I'm not really a gorehound but the over the top violence was really something in the original-

*Man gets shot 100 times in the boardroom*
"Somebody call a paramedic!"
lols
Oct 10, 2017 6:24 PM
0 0