Harvey Weinstein hired a shit ton of lawyers in anticipation of two stories about him

Infinitus Corsair
Dyne
Infinitus Corsair
DyneAlso, one time when I was in college, a girl I was dating starting fucking my unconscious body. I went to sleep after a few drinks, and had a boner sometime in the night. I woke up to her on top of me, thrusting away. Naturally, this did not bother me, but later I did find it odd, especially because she was the victim of sexual assault at the hands of a significant other at some point prior to dating me. I would never do the same act to a woman under any circumstance, and while I would never accuse her of rape in the slightest, under the law of the state we lived in at the time technically the term might have applied. I guess that's where nuance comes in to play.

I think that consent, realistically, is a person-by-person, situation-by-situation proposition. Obviously it's difficult for our statutes to address that.?

And then there was that time IC showed me his penis in an alley way behind an adult book store. He said if I touched it, I could get some of that sweet, sweet lawyer money. I mean, it was glorious and all, but afterwards...something just didn't feel right.

That was obviously entirely consensual.

I would like to clarify that the XXX camshow IC and I host, where I pretend I need legal help and can't pay for it, and IC does the sexy thing and takes my case on a pro bono basis and we both go through paperwork episode after episode and have a productive and professional relationship, is absolutely not consensual. I was coerced into not having sex with him.
Oct 12, 2017 1:25 AM
0 0
ej
I find that account both nonsensual and nonsensical. No way you two fuck pigs didn't trib. Or at least Tribble.
Oct 12, 2017 11:50 AM
0 0
Rose McGowan got suspended from Twitter for it (presumably) but that "Ben Affleck fuck off" tweet is still really funny.
Oct 12, 2017 1:52 PM
0 0
MeowRose McGowan got suspended from Twitter for it (presumably) but that "Ben Affleck fuck off" tweet is still really funny.

Twitter is like a never-ending picnic for bigots, but Rose McGowan got suspended?
Oct 12, 2017 2:27 PM
0 0
ej
It was only a 12-hour suspension. Apparently Twitter is like The Walking Dead. You're allowed just two "fucks" a year.
Oct 12, 2017 2:36 PM
0 0
Esoteric Allusion
MeowRose McGowan got suspended from Twitter for it (presumably) but that "Ben Affleck fuck off" tweet is still really funny.

Twitter is like a never-ending picnic for bigots, but Rose McGowan got suspended?

The rules are: you can't call Ben Affleck a liar, but you can photoshop him into an oven and call him a Jew-worshipping faggot.
Oct 12, 2017 2:45 PM
0 0
NBC's decision not to run Ronan Farrow's story is looking pretty bad. I understand Weinstein is famously litigious and they have the right to hold his story to a high level of scrutiny because of the legal exposure, but he took this to the New Yorker a few months ago and if it were still pretty rough it wouldn't have been ready to publish so soon. The fact checkers at the New Yorker are basically the triplets from Minority Report. What's really bizarre is that after they passed, they discouraged Farrow from continuing the story, which is a weird thing to ask of him. If you know and allow him to shop a story around it's shady as hell to ask him to kill it.
Oct 12, 2017 2:51 PM
0 0
MeowNBC's decision not to run Ronan Farrow's story is looking pretty bad. I understand Weinstein is famously litigious and they have the right to hold his story to a high level of scrutiny because of the legal exposure, but he took this to the New Yorker a few months ago and if it were still pretty rough it wouldn't have been ready to publish so soon. The fact checkers at the New Yorker are basically the triplets from Minority Report. What's really bizarre is that after they passed, they discouraged Farrow from continuing the story, which is a weird thing to ask of him. If you know and allow him to shop a story around it's shady as hell to ask him to kill it.

It makes Lorne Michaels' scrapping all of the Weinstein jokes seem more peculiar. I wonder what the NBC connection could be.
Oct 12, 2017 3:31 PM
0 0
The SNL thing is perhaps overblown. They did write jokes and went so far as performing them in rehearsal before they were pulled, which happens all the time. Michaels' "New York thing" explanation is lame, considering this is a show that made a ton of Fred Silverman jokes back in the day, but if he's right that the jokes performed in rehearsal fell flat, that's a justifiable reason to pull them.
Oct 12, 2017 3:44 PM
0 0
BTW, lol at Donny Jr for wondering aloud why Lorne doesn't use "It's a New York thing" to screen out jokes about his father, as if the fact his father has been world-famous for decades and starred on a hit reality show and ran for and is POTUS is irrelevant. Might be dumber than his dad.
Oct 12, 2017 3:50 PM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
MeowNBC's decision not to run Ronan Farrow's story is looking pretty bad. I understand Weinstein is famously litigious and they have the right to hold his story to a high level of scrutiny because of the legal exposure, but he took this to the New Yorker a few months ago and if it were still pretty rough it wouldn't have been ready to publish so soon. The fact checkers at the New Yorker are basically the triplets from Minority Report. What's really bizarre is that after they passed, they discouraged Farrow from continuing the story, which is a weird thing to ask of him. If you know and allow him to shop a story around it's shady as hell to ask him to kill it.

It makes Lorne Michaels' scrapping all of the Weinstein jokes seem more peculiar. ?I wonder what the NBC connection could be.

It sounds like Weinstein threw a fit and told NBC there was a conflict of interest because he had revived Woody Allen's career. By the time they cut off funding to report out the story, he had interviewed eight women (including Rose McGowan, on camera, who asked to be removed from the story because Weinstein threatened legal action), had been looked over by NBC's legal department, and re-reported by another journalist. He also had the audio tape featured in the New Yorker story. The CEO of NBCUniversal asked to review the story, which was apparently a very unusual move (could you imagine Bob Iger looking over an ABC story?) He was told there wasn't enough to put on the air, despite the fact journalists had been trying to get a hold of that tape of Weinstein ever since that story broke-- it was that big. The interviews, the tape, and the trail of documents were all there by August when it died at NBC. In fact, David Remnick has? said Farrow came to the New Yorker with a great detail of reporting already done, which is why it only took a couple months to get it published. I get Weinstein is an intimidating figure, but one thing you hear over and over again is that one of the reasons this is breaking now is that he's not the all-powerful person he used to be, his career was already in decline. He can sue, and he is, but I wonder if Comcast and NBC were worried about other ramifications.
Oct 12, 2017 3:55 PM
0 0
MeowI get Weinstein is an intimidating figure, but one thing you hear over and over again is that one of the reasons this is breaking now is that he's not the all-powerful person he used to be, his career was already in decline.

Even more cynically, it appears that much of the timing is directly connected to brother Bob's and the other Weinstein shareholders' planned takeover of the company. I'm happy to see this story see the light of day, but it's still a little skeevy that this was the purpose of it, and not, you know, the dignity of the women and all of that.
Oct 12, 2017 4:02 PM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
MeowI get Weinstein is an intimidating figure, but one thing you hear over and over again is that one of the reasons this is breaking now is that he's not the all-powerful person he used to be, his career was already in decline.

Even more cynically, it appears that much of the timing is directly connected to brother Bob's and the other Weinstein shareholders' planned takeover of the company. ?I'm happy to see this story see the light of day, but it's still a little skeevy that this was the purpose of it, and not, you know, the dignity of the women and all of that.

I get the feeling this is true for a lot of these guys whose careers collapse after allegations of sexual misconduct and assault.
Oct 12, 2017 4:23 PM
0 0
Esoteric Allusion

Last I read it was due to including private phone numbers in a public tweet. Though it wasn't immediately clear that was the reason at the time.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2017/10/12/twitter_limits_rose_mcgowan_s_account_after_her_allegations_against_weinstein.html
Oct 12, 2017 11:58 PM
0 0
I feel pretty fucking terrible for Gretchen Mol. In 2009, LaineyGossip posted a blind item that implied Harvey Weinstein and Mol transacted sex for stardom, and then that promise never happened. Mol just wrote a piece that said her interactions with Weinstein were nothing more than press events and awards ceremonies. Even though Weinstein himself never abused her, Mol gets caught up in his wash, and LaineyGossip doesn't have to answer for shit.
Oct 13, 2017 2:28 AM
0 0
Meow
Infinitus Corsair
Dyne
Infinitus Corsair
DyneAlso, one time when I was in college, a girl I was dating starting fucking my unconscious body. I went to sleep after a few drinks, and had a boner sometime in the night. I woke up to her on top of me, thrusting away. Naturally, this did not bother me, but later I did find it odd, especially because she was the victim of sexual assault at the hands of a significant other at some point prior to dating me. I would never do the same act to a woman under any circumstance, and while I would never accuse her of rape in the slightest, under the law of the state we lived in at the time technically the term might have applied. I guess that's where nuance comes in to play.

I think that consent, realistically, is a person-by-person, situation-by-situation proposition. Obviously it's difficult for our statutes to address that.?

And then there was that time IC showed me his penis in an alley way behind an adult book store. He said if I touched it, I could get some of that sweet, sweet lawyer money. I mean, it was glorious and all, but afterwards...something just didn't feel right.

That was obviously entirely consensual.

I would like to clarify that the XXX camshow IC and I host, where I pretend I need legal help and can't pay for it, and IC does the sexy thing and takes my case on a pro bono basis and we both go through paperwork episode after episode and have a productive and professional relationship, is absolutely not consensual. I was coerced into not having sex with him.

Pro Boner, Episode 17
Oct 13, 2017 2:39 AM
0 0
Little Ash
Esoteric Allusion

Last I read it was due to including private phone numbers in a public tweet. Though it wasn't immediately clear that was the reason at the time.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2017/10/12/twitter_limits_rose_mcgowan_s_account_after_her_allegations_against_weinstein.html

Oh yeah, that's what it was for. What looks bad for twitter is that doxxing by users (including by those as visible as mcgowan) has rarely resulted in a suspension because twitter's rules are unevenly applied. Lou Dobbs posted the personal information of one of the women accusing Trump of sexual assault and he didn't get reprimanded.
Oct 13, 2017 2:59 AM
0 0
Meow
Little Ash
Esoteric Allusion

Oh yeah, that's what it was for. What looks bad for twitter is that doxxing by users (including by those as visible as mcgowan) has rarely resulted in a suspension because twitter's rules are unevenly applied. Lou Dobbs posted the personal information of one of the women accusing Trump of sexual assault and he didn't get reprimanded.

Fucking Trump posted Lindsey Graham's number and it was all over cable news for a cycle.
Oct 13, 2017 3:01 AM
0 0
Infinitus Corsair
Meow
Little Ash
Esoteric Allusion

Fucking Trump posted Lindsey Graham's number and it was all over cable news for a cycle.

Twitter seems really bad at policing its community and I keep thinking about that Buzzfeed article that mentioned some of its employees were fangirling for Milo.
Oct 13, 2017 4:26 AM
0 0
Meow
Infinitus Corsair
Meow
Little Ash
Esoteric Allusion

Twitter seems really bad at policing its community and I keep thinking about that Buzzfeed article that mentioned some of its employees were fangirling for Milo.

Although I think it has more to do with the site's reliance on algorithms and cheap labor overseas overlooking reported tweets, which may not have a good idea of exactly what they're seeing and simply follow the ToS.
Oct 13, 2017 4:28 AM
0 0