blade runner sitting at 97% right now

Original Poster
With just over 30 (34 at time of writing) reviews! Gotta say that I'm surprised and relieved by this. Been looking forward to this one for awhile.

Let's see if the reviews stay positive as more roll in.
Sep 29, 2017 3:24 PM
0 0
OOOooooOoOoooOoOooOoOooooOoooooo!

It's meeeeEEEeeeEEEe.... the ghoooAOAOOAst of hIIIIIIIIIiiiiinnnndsiiiiIIIIiigght!

.... RemeeeEEeeemberrrrrRRRRR Annabelle: Creation?!

OOoooooOOooOoOoOoooo.......!

I'llllllll beeeEEEEeee bAaaaAAAaaaaaaack!!!
Sep 29, 2017 4:06 PM
0 0
Stu
The King of AwkwardOOOooooOoOoooOoOooOoOooooOoooooo!

It's meeeeEEEeeeEEEe.... the ghoooAOAOOAst of hIIIIIIIIIiiiiinnnndsiiiiIIIIiigght!

I don't remember Creation's initial percentage, but I assume it was relatively high, then it dropped significantly once more reviews trickled in? If that's the case, then that isn't necessarily comparable to 2049's reviews at the moment, as, not only is its % high, but the average score is as well; fucking 8.9 so far, which if a full FOUR points above the original (and that was pre-RT, so all of the more negative reviews it got upon release possibly weren't archived anyway). Not saying 2049 will surely stay as high as it is now, but it's still looking very promising for now...
Sep 29, 2017 4:36 PM
0 0
mother! is a better example than Annabelle. That had a 9.3 or 9.4 at its peak. Now its at 68% and 6.7 average.
Sep 29, 2017 4:41 PM
0 0
Deakins is finally going to get that Oscar.
Sep 29, 2017 4:57 PM
0 0
Chris Burgemother! is a better example than Annabelle. That had a 9.3 or 9.4 at its peak. Now its at 68% and 6.7 average.

Might as well consider "gaming the Tomatometer" the usual practice now. Any studio's prerelease with a rotten rating is officially doing it wrong.
Sep 29, 2017 6:06 PM
0 0
Stu
?The King of AwkwardOOOooooOoOoooOoOooOoOooooOoooooo!

I don't remember Creation's initial percentage, but I assume it was relatively high, then it dropped significantly once more reviews trickled in? If that's the case, then that isn't necessarily comparable to 2049's reviews at the moment, as, not only is its % high, but the average score is as well; fucking 8.9 so far, which if a full FOUR points above the original (and that was pre-RT, so all of the more negative reviews it got upon release possibly weren't archived anyway). Not saying 2049 will surely stay as high as it is now, but it's still looking very promising for now...

Annabelle: Creation stayed at 100% for three straight weeks with reviews trickling in in like groups of five or six at a time. The OP did not mention the Average Rating, so neither did I.

You try and tell a joke around here...
Sep 29, 2017 8:13 PM
0 0
I know Kermode has been recently pimping his decades old documentary on the original, but now is a good time for the uninitiated to take a look at it. A good "Blade Runner for Dummies" introduction before they dip their feet into this universe. I don't mean that in a negative way either. Plenty of good alternative theories from both cast and crew in that documentary. Plus, a background check on Dick's influences for the source material. There's also a comprehensive shot for shot analysis of the film from a user here on RT. Why hasn't that been finished/resurrected?

Based on the initial strong reviews, I don't see how those not familiar with Blade Runner are going to fully comprehend what's going on. I'm just grateful we have a worthy successor to the throne.
Sep 29, 2017 8:15 PM
0 0
NathanielDeakins is finally going to get that Oscar.

Ford, probably not.
Sep 29, 2017 10:12 PM
0 0
Feuer und EisI know Kermode has been recently pimping his decades old documentary on the original, but now is a good time for the uninitiated to take a look at it. A good "Blade Runner for Dummies" introduction before they dip their feet into this universe. I don't mean that in a negative way either. Plenty of good alternative theories from both cast and crew in that documentary. Plus, a background check on Dick's influences for the source material. There's also a comprehensive shot for shot analysis of the film from a user here on RT. Why hasn't that been finished/resurrected?

Based on the initial strong reviews, I don't see how those not familiar with Blade Runner are going to fully comprehend what's going on. I'm just grateful we have a worthy successor to the throne.

It'll be interesting to see which way the show goes with it's "theory" run.?

I imagine they'll address a few, but suppose I'll have to wait and see. I have to go rewatch the original again... Been a few years since I've seen it.?

Sep 30, 2017 1:49 AM
0 0
Feuer und EisI know Kermode has been recently pimping his decades old documentary on the original, but now is a good time for the uninitiated to take a look at it. A good "Blade Runner for Dummies" introduction before they dip their feet into this universe. I don't mean that in a negative way either. Plenty of good alternative theories from both cast and crew in that documentary. Plus, a background check on Dick's influences for the source material. There's also a comprehensive shot for shot analysis of the film from a user here on RT. Why hasn't that been finished/resurrected?

It might have been DP? Or possibly DaMU?
Sep 30, 2017 2:24 AM
0 0
Stu
The King of AwkwardAnnabelle: Creation stayed at 100% for three straight weeks with reviews trickling in in like groups of five or six at a time. The OP did not mention the Average Rating, so neither did I.

You try and tell a joke around here...

Apex PredatorIt might have been DP? Or possibly DaMU?

I think it was YARN, wasn't it? Anyway, yeah, that was a really sweet thread; a pity he never finished it, but I'm pretty sure no one's ever finished a scene-by-scene thread like, ever.
Sep 30, 2017 5:23 AM
0 0
98% with 42 reviews in. You guys think Ford might have tried in this one?
Sep 30, 2017 1:17 PM
0 0
B.A.Baracas98% with 42 reviews in. You guys think Ford might have tried in this one?

I doubt it. He's kinda past that stage of his career. I still think my favourite thing ever was when David Blane did the magic trick in Ford's kitchen. His response was classic Ford!
Sep 30, 2017 6:54 PM
0 0
James MacKinnon
B.A.Baracas98% with 42 reviews in. You guys think Ford might have tried in this one?

I doubt it. He's kinda past that stage of his career. I still think my favourite thing ever was when David Blane did the magic trick in Ford's kitchen. His response was classic Ford!

Well, this is what Empire Magazine UK, the UK's #1 movie publication, writes about Ford:

"And if you think Ford is on easy territory as yet another timeworn version of a classic character he could play in his sleep, think again. This is possibly the best performance of his career, Deckard?s situation testing the veteran actor in ways we?ve rarely seen before.?Villeneuve must be fearless, to have been willing to push Ford like that."
Sep 30, 2017 9:51 PM
0 0
The one negative review is from a critic that didnt care for the original.?

Im officially psyched. Villanueva is a capable director, even if i do feel some of his work is a bit over praised, but it sounds like he pulled this one off.
Oct 1, 2017 12:22 AM
0 0
Morris Schaeffer
James MacKinnon

Well, this is what Empire Magazine UK, the UK's #1 movie publication, writes about Ford:

"And if you think Ford is on easy territory as yet another timeworn version of a classic character he could play in his sleep, think again. This is possibly the best performance of his career, Deckard?s situation testing the veteran actor in ways we?ve rarely seen before.?Villeneuve must be fearless, to have been willing to push Ford like that."

I figure it comes down to the fact that Deckard will have more emotional dimensions in this film. In the original, he was somewhat of a neo-noir caricature of a protagonist. It did work for the original despite that fact, because the overwhelming futuristic vision of LA needed a relatively "standard" guide for the audience.
Oct 1, 2017 12:50 AM
0 0
Feuer und Eis
Morris Schaeffer
James MacKinnon

I figure it comes down to the fact that Deckard will have more emotional dimensions in this film. In the original, he was somewhat of a neo-noir caricature of a protagonist. It did work for the original despite that fact, because the overwhelming futuristic vision of LA needed a relatively "standard" guide for the audience.

Genuinely excited for this. The reviews do nothing but encourage me to go see this.?
Oct 1, 2017 1:31 AM
0 0
I like being called princess. It's like the word 'Mufasa.'

Say it again - with feeling this time.
Oct 1, 2017 9:29 AM
0 0
One spot has the usual tactic of floating logos of various publications championing the film, while another uses bold statements from "Fox TV" only. I don't know what to believe.
Oct 2, 2017 5:44 AM
0 0