mother! (2017)

Original Poster
Anybody else really want to see this movie?
Sep 5, 2017 6:48 PM
0 0

No.
Sep 5, 2017 7:00 PM
0 0
Is this the Danzig biography that we've all been waiting for?
Sep 5, 2017 7:02 PM
0 0
New Darren Aranofsky. I will check it out.
Sep 5, 2017 7:25 PM
0 0
I think it looks cool but that might just be I like looking through Jennifer Lawrence' clothing. ?
I don't know because I used to love Aranofsky when there was just Pi and Requiem.?
I didn't hate Fountain, just forgot about it. I didn't know he directed wrestler...interesting.
But OMG I just so hated Black Swan. Its possible seeing the Jim Carrey SNL skit first hurt it but
I thought the film was ridiculous for all the reasons they parodies and more. ?Noah was a commercial project.
I just was so excited about him in the past and now I am not.

But i am always hoping because I loved those first two.
Sep 5, 2017 7:37 PM
0 0
Aronofsky had only one minor misstep in his career, "Noah". I liked the Fountain despite its mixed response. This looks like a return to form. Yes, I'm going to see this ASAP.
Sep 5, 2017 7:38 PM
0 0
I want to go into this movie completely fresh and unspoiled, so I will avoid everything about it online.

Including this humble thread.

Oh shi-
Sep 5, 2017 8:16 PM
0 0
138Is this the Danzig biography that we've all been waiting for?

Sep 5, 2017 8:45 PM
0 0
I love Black Swan. That ending.
Sep 6, 2017 12:02 AM
0 0
according to Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence represents Mother Nature and all the shit that happens to her is tantamount to our destruction of the environment. and maybe going in with that road-map will make it all the more accessible (for me, anyway).
Sep 6, 2017 3:36 AM
0 0
Kinda worried about a September release. Usually when Hollywood dumps all their junk. But on the other hand maybe it's being released early to beat the Oscar competition. Maybe, just maybe, this is Aranofsky's masterpiece. Maybe even better than Black Swan.
Sep 6, 2017 3:51 AM
0 0
last splashI love Black Swan. That ending.

When Netflix was renting discs mostly they had a nice user reviews section. Black Swan was polarized.
People like yourself loved it and about an equal amount like me, hated it.
Sep 6, 2017 7:04 AM
0 0
Reviews are coming in and I am pretty sure this one is in trouble. It came in at 79 and appears to be dropping. The negative reviews are pretty harsh. The word pretentious was dropped...one of the reasons I lost my Aranofsky fan boy status to Black Swan..
I am likely to give this one a chance thanks to MoviePass. From what I am reading if you want to love it, it might be advisable to see it early. Aranofskyis in bible mode again with this film. That can go either way with me.
Sep 12, 2017 2:22 AM
0 0
Robin McDonaldReviews are coming in and I am pretty sure this one is in trouble. It came in at 79 and appears to be dropping. The negative reviews are pretty harsh. The word pretentious was dropped...one of the reasons I lost my Aranofsky fan boy status to Black Swan..
I am likely to give this one a chance thanks to MoviePass. From what I am reading if you want to love it, it might be advisable to see it early. Aranofskyis in bible mode again with this film. That can go either way with me.

I'd rather watch Aranofsky do something that people hate than another Marvel happy meal at 90%.
Sep 12, 2017 7:27 PM
0 0
138Is this the Danzig biography that we've all been waiting for?

You cheeky bastardio.
Sep 12, 2017 9:35 PM
0 0
These reviews sound disgusting. Can't wait.

Ps: Thank you J-Law, because if you weren't in this I would have to travel many more miles instead of right down the road to see it locally.
Sep 14, 2017 10:21 PM
0 0
12 Sycamores
Robin McDonaldReviews are coming in and I am pretty sure this one is in trouble. It came in at 79 and appears to be dropping. The negative reviews are pretty harsh. The word pretentious was dropped...one of the reasons I lost my Aranofsky fan boy status to Black Swan..

I'd rather watch Aranofsky do something that people hate than another Marvel happy meal at 90%.

I sort of agree with you. I did enjoy the new Spiderman film though. But its nice to see a film that didn't get pumped out of the factory.
Sep 14, 2017 11:39 PM
0 0
Robin McDonald
12 Sycamores

I sort of agree with you. I did enjoy the new Spiderman film though. But its nice to see a film that didn't get pumped out of the factory.

Oh, I generally enjoy most Marvel films. But they certainly aren't why I'm passionate about film.
Sep 14, 2017 11:58 PM
0 0
I saw Mother! last night.
The best thing I can say is on a basic level its a study about a very selfish man addicted to admiration. That holds together.
I recognize he is making a allusions to creation, art, fame, relationships,modern society, environment and fandom biblical nods to Cain and Abel, the garden of Eden/tree of life. Whatever he's trying to say the delivery is inane and chaotic. I can't even feign admiration for the attempt. Mother! is one of the all time most awful movies I have ever sat through. I wish I had waited for the MST3K version.

Sep 16, 2017 5:58 PM
0 0
Robin McDonaldI saw Mother! last night.
The best thing I can say is on a basic level its a study about a very selfish man addicted to admiration. That holds together.
I recognize he is making a allusions to creation, art, fame, relationships,modern society, environment and fandom biblical nods to Cain and Abel, the garden of Eden/tree of life. Whatever he's trying to say the delivery is inane and chaotic. I can't even feign admiration for the attempt. Mother! is one of the all time most awful movies I have ever sat through. ?I wish I had waited for the MST3K version.

From the synopsis I read it sounds like a big allegory for religion. Him is God, the wife is Mary, her son Jesus, the visitors Adam and Eve and their sons are Cain and Abel. Sounds a little heavy-handed on the religion for my taste.
Sep 16, 2017 6:08 PM
0 0