I know it's not new, but still, it burns, "Carlito's Way", it burns, spoiler alert,

Original Poster
Ok so I'm like the rest of you, i'm into new movies, but once in a while, you know.. so i just saw it.. ("Carlito's Way") and i have a couple of questions that just burn real hard,
1. Why in hell does it have to end bad and tragic?? why? just why?
2. i am a person who believe's in G-d, so i don't believe in "he should have done that".. "he shouldn't have done that" stuff.. why?.. because sometimes it is written in the sky that it's your time to go, and it doesn't matter how 'carefull' you are, you go..

3. But i'm gonna go out of my way and let's "pretened" that i don't believe in destiny and let's try to look at this in a none belief way..
4. what could he have done to avoid this TRAGIC ending??
5. was his mistake (like he said himself in his heart "oops that was a mistake") insulting and hitting Benny Blanco from the Bronx??
6. or was it the FULL trust in his 'buddy' Pachanga??

7. was it maybe not listening to his girlfriend who loved him and felt "something's not right here" and asked him not to help his conniving lawyer 'friend'? and then he wouldn't have the 4 gangsters running after him and maybe he would be sharp enough to spot Benny Blanco and not get killed by him?
8. the heart is pounding the doubts are many and again, the heart is pounding.. help me please just help me
9. and if you have a belief way out of this please let me know won't you,
thanks
Aug 10, 2017 4:59 AM
0 0
Uh, he died because that's the nature of the game and the genre.

He could've avoided his bad end by not being a bad guy.

He could've avoided the outcome by being a worse guy (e.g., killing Bennie).

The same instincts that allowed him to survive the game are the same ones that got him killed.
Aug 10, 2017 5:36 AM
0 0
Whatever the fuck happened to Leguizamo? Somebody needs to bring him back to the limelight. I want De Palma to do a "Carlito's Way" for Leguizamo. Call it "Benny's Way"
Aug 10, 2017 6:42 AM
0 0
hemi tabernl

-- practically every member of my family regarding tragic movies.
Aug 10, 2017 10:48 AM
0 0
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

Well, there is the alternate ending of Carlito's Way on the limited edition Blu Ray.
Aug 10, 2017 11:13 AM
0 0
Love that movie.
Aug 10, 2017 3:48 PM
0 0
hemi tabernlOk so I'm like the rest of you, i'm into new movies, but once in ?a while, you know.. so i just saw it.. ("Carlito's Way") and i have a couple of questions that just burn real hard,
2. i am a person who believe's in G-d, so i don't believe in "he should have done that".. "he shouldn't have done that" stuff.. why?.. because sometimes it is written in the sky that it's your time to go, and it doesn't matter how 'carefull' you are, you go..

3. But i'm gonna go out of my way and let's "pretened" that i don't believe in destiny and let's try to look at this in a none belief way..
4. what could he have done to avoid thisTRAGIC ending??
5. was his mistake (like he said himself in his heart "oops that was a mistake) insulting and hitting Benny Blanco from the Bronx??

7. was it maybe not listening to his girlfriend who loved him and felt "something's not right here" and asked him not to help his conniving lawyer 'friend'? and then he wouldn't have the 4 gangsters running after him and maybe he would be sharp enough to spot Benny Blanco and not get killed by him?
8. the heart is pounding the doubts are many and again, the heart is pounding.. help me please just help me
thanks

do you have any passports for sale?
Aug 10, 2017 4:24 PM
0 0
NotReallyYARNAutism Guy
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

Well, there is the alternate ending of Carlito's Way on the limited edition Blu Ray.

That was still dour cuz, y'know, the dancing.

I actually want this soundtrack.
Aug 10, 2017 5:53 PM
0 0
hemi tabernlOk so I'm like the rest of you, i'm into new movies, but once in ?a while, you know.. so i just saw it.. ("Carlito's Way") and i have a couple of questions that just burn real hard,

5. was his mistake (like he said himself in his heart "oops that was a mistake) insulting and hitting Benny Blanco from the Bronx??

thanks

That's not how you address a Nigerian Prince with a business proposition, sir.
Aug 11, 2017 1:43 AM
0 0
NotReallyYARNAutism GuyUh, he died because that's the nature of the game and the genre.

The same instincts that allowed him to survive the game are the same ones that got him killed.
first of all not every movie of this genre ends tragically, secondly i like the sentence: "The same instincts that allowed him to survive the game are the same ones that got him killed" sad but true.. but still, there must be a way out somehow

Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

and you disagree with them?.. does a movie have to be sad?

NotReallyYARNAutism Guy
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

Well, there is the alternate ending of Carlito's Way on the limited edition Blu Ray.?
what is it?

WooleyLove that movie.
one of the best ever imo

jasper de largeWhatever the fuck happened to Leguizamo? Somebody needs to bring him back to the limelight. I want De Palma to do a "Carlito's Way" for Leguizamo. Call it "Benny's Way"
Benny's Way lol
so basically you're saying he's a good guy like Carlito? (i mean compared to the other characters there..)

NotReallyYARNAutism Guy
1. Why in hell does it have to end bad and tragic?? why? just why??

3. But i'm gonna go out of my way and let's "pretened" that i don't believe in destiny and let's try to look at this in a none belief way..?

thanks?

That's not how you address a Nigerian Prince with a business proposition, sir.?
wtf are you two talking about?..
Aug 11, 2017 10:00 AM
0 0
hemi tabernl
NotReallyYARNAutism GuyUh, he died because that's the nature of the game and the genre.

first of all not every movie of this genre ends tragically, secondly i like the sentence: "The same instincts that allowed him to survive the game are the same ones that got him killed" sad but true.. but still, there must be a way out somehow

Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

and you disagree with them?.. does a movie have to be sad?

NotReallyYARNAutism Guy
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

Well, there is the alternate ending of Carlito's Way on the limited edition Blu Ray.?

what is it?

WooleyLove that movie.

one of the best ever imo

jasper de largeWhatever the fuck happened to Leguizamo? Somebody needs to bring him back to the limelight. I want De Palma to do a "Carlito's Way" for Leguizamo. Call it "Benny's Way"

Benny's Way lol
so basically you're saying he's a good guy like Carlito? (i mean compared to the other characters there..)

NotReallyYARNAutism Guy

3. But i'm gonna go out of my way and let's "pretened" that i don't believe in destiny and let's try to look at this in a none belief way..?

thanks?

Do not trouble yourself, my Prince. Our friend is not yet ready for the tremendous opportunity you're waiting to present him, unless, of course, you do have passports for sale...
Aug 11, 2017 10:14 AM
0 0

Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

and you disagree with them?.. when a script writer finishes writing does he have to end it with 'and he dies at the end'?.. is it 'artistically' better if there is a tragic sad ending?.. what if at the ending instead of her dancing alone suddenly he joins her and it ends like that would that be so 'terrible'?..

NotReallyYARNAutism Guy
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

what is it?

WooleyLove that movie.
one of the best ever imo

Benny's Way lol
so basically you're saying he's a good guy like Carlito? (i mean good compared to the other characters there..)

NotReallyYARNAutism Guy

thanks?

Aug 11, 2017 10:15 AM
0 0
hemi tabernl
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

and you disagree with them?.. when a script writer finishes writing does he have to end it with 'and he dies at the end'?.. is it 'artistically' better if there is a tragic sad ending?.. what if at the ending instead of her dancing alone suddenly he joins her and it ends like that would that be so 'terrible'?..

"Terrible" only assumes that the story isn't served for a purpose outside of "its own sake", which allows a film to simultaneously be larger than life and grounded at once. She dances because she has "their" kid, a bittersweet tribute of their love. The movie realizes that life doesn't work out the way you want it to, and revels in the joy still found in that message. To escape from that had better be thoroughly earned, or it becomes false. It's quite possibly DiPalma's most romantic movie since Blow Out.

To insist on "happily ever after" is a square peg that doesn't fit most round holes. You usually have to accept (not necessarily "like") the movie you've seen because you didn't make it.

.wtf are you two talking about?

There has been a share of spammers as of lately. You're being tested as to your status of either a spambot or a meat popsicle.
Aug 12, 2017 12:10 AM
0 0
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

"Terrible" only assumes that the story isn't served for a purpose outside of "its own sake", which allows a film to simultaneously be larger than life and grounded at once. She dances because she has "their" kid, a bittersweet tribute of their love. The movie realizes that life doesn't work out the way you want it to, and revels in the joy still found in that message. To escape from that had better be thoroughly earned, or it becomes false. It's quite possibly DiPalma's most romantic movie since Blow Out.

To insist on "happily ever after" is a square peg that doesn't fit most round holes. You usually have to accept (not necessarily "like") the movie you've seen because you didn't make it.

There has been a share of spammers as of lately. You're being tested as to your status of either a spambot or a meat popsicle.

meat popsicle rofl xD ouch sounds painfull
anyways i disagree that i "have" to accept anything because "i didn't make it" i can disagree with a person's artistic choices (and actually i think the opposite of you, i can sometimes like a movie, like this one, which i more than "like" i think its one of the best movies ever, but i disagree with some of the choices) that's what happened here in Carlito's i way more than like it as i said, but i disagree with your black and white approach its not all or nothing, its not either a tragic terrible ending where the hero dies or "happily ever after".. there are a gazillion options in between, and i disagree that it has to end in the darkest way, it could end with him staying alive, and maybe showing them arguing a little or something (so that people won't think it ended "happily ever after"..) there are many ways to show that something ended good but not necessarily "perfect" not necessarily happily ever after imo,

you know what a movie can do?? a movie can uplift you to such heights that's it's unbelievable!! take for example "crash" or "forest gump" etc. there are many movies that besides being a masterpiece also uplift you!! de palma chose for it to just be a masterpiece.. ok.. good for him.. i can disagree with that and say: if i did such a spectacular film i would end it in a way that would also give people hope.. hope, that whatever you do, wherever you go, whatever mistakes you made, there is Always a way out, Always, and it can still be a masterpiece.. nothing wrong with that (and it would still be larger than life but still grounded) like many other films that chose that path instead of the grim dark one imo
Aug 13, 2017 7:31 AM
0 0
hemi tabernl
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

anyways i disagree that i "have" to accept anything because "i didn't make it" i can disagree with a person's artistic choices (and actually i think the opposite of you, i can sometimes like a movie, like this one, which i more than "like" i think its one of the best movies ever, but i disagree with some of the choices) that's what happened here in Carlito's i way more than like it ?as i said, but i disagree with your black and white approach its not all or nothing, its not either a tragic terrible ending where the hero dies or "happily ever after".. there are a gazillion options in between, and i disagree that it has to end in the darkest way, it could end with him staying alive, and maybe showing them arguing a little or something (so that people won't think it ended "happily ever after"..) there are many ways to show that something ended good but not necessarily "perfect" not necessarily happily ever after imo,

you know what a movie can do?? a movie can uplift you to such heights that's it's unbelievable!! take for example "crash" or "forest gump" etc. there are many movies that besides being a masterpiece also uplift you!! de palma chose for it to just be a masterpiece.. ok.. good for him.. i can disagree with that and say: if i did such a spectacular film i would end it in a way that would also give people hope.. hope, that whatever you do, wherever you go, whatever mistakes you made, there is Always a way out, Always, and it can still be a masterpiece.. nothing wrong with that (and it would still be larger than life but still grounded) like many other films that chose that path instead of the grim dark one imo

I can't tell if you're being hypocritical, considering that you first presented the notion of an either/or ("why tragic? why not happy?") paradigm. I'm already aware of the possibilities of storytelling, and have enjoyed a plethora of happy endings, but a story still has to earn whatever ending it has. You still want Carlito's Way to be how you want it to be, thus your initial focus. The question should be: did you realize why the story turned out the way it did, despite you not liking how it did? Carlito died for a reason and, for me, it's the most satisfying one (as they say, no one makes it out of life alive).

There's such a word as "bittersweet". Believability tends to favor it.

.if i did such a spectacular film i would end it in a way that would also give people hope.. hope, that whatever you do, wherever you go, whatever mistakes you made, there is Always a way out, Always, and it can still be a masterpiece..

Thereby, her dancing.
Aug 14, 2017 4:07 PM
0 0
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

anyways i disagree that i "have" to accept anything because "i didn't make it" i can disagree with a person's artistic choices (and actually i think the opposite of you, i can sometimes like a movie, like this one, which i more than "like" i think its one of the best movies ever, but i disagree with some of the choices) that's what happened here in Carlito's i way more than like it ?as i said, but i disagree with your black and white approach its not all or nothing, its not either a tragic terrible ending where the hero dies or "happily ever after".. there are a gazillion options in between, and i disagree that it has to end in the darkest way, it could end with him staying alive, and maybe showing them arguing a little or something (so that people won't think it ended "happily ever after"..) there are many ways to show that something ended good but not necessarily "perfect" not necessarily happily ever after imo,

I can't tell if you're being hypocritical, considering that you first presented the notion of an either/or ("why tragic? why not happy?") paradigm. I'm already aware of the possibilities of storytelling, and have enjoyed a plethora of happy endings, but a story still has to earn whatever ending it has. You still want Carlito's Way to be how you want it to be, thus your initial focus. The question should be: did you realize why the story turned out the way it did, despite you not liking how it did? Carlito died for a reason and, for me, it's the most satisfying one (as they say, no one makes it out of life alive).

.if i did such a spectacular film i would end it in a way that would also give people hope.. hope, that whatever you do, wherever you go, whatever mistakes you made, there is Always a way out, Always, and it can still be a masterpiece..

Thereby, her dancing.

1. why 'hypocritical'?? i said what i meant from the begining i don't know why you are accusing of such a bad thing..?
2. what do you mean 'a story has to 'earn' whatever ending it has'?? do you mean the ending has to 'go well' with the story and 'blend' and not be 'disappointing'?.. if that's what you mean than EVERYTHING is possible the movie is clay in the hands of the director/script writers/editor etc. they can always "bend" the story so that the ending will "fit" well with the story and will be true to the story and will "go with the flow" as they say..
3. 'no one makes it out of life alive'??.. what does that even mean? that carlito had to die because he was trying to get out of his "life"?.. out of the gangster life?.. is that what you mean by 'no one makes it out of life alive'? out of the "life" of crime that he had?.. if that's what you mean then it's bullshit.. he Could make it out of his type of "life" because he was being Reborn into a new one!! just like a baby "gives up" the life in the womb for a better life outside.. same here.. no rule (whether street rule or film rule) no rule says he had to die.. and quite the opposite.. according to the good "karma" he created he Should have survived..
4. if in your eyes 'believability favors?bittersweet'.. it only means that you have a?bittersweet life so that's the only 'believable' thing for you.. its not necessarily Everybody's view on life and/or film..
5. the dancing doesn't equal hope, but rather no hope at all because the HERO died!! hope means the hero survives somehow imo
Aug 24, 2017 1:39 AM
0 0
hemi tabernl
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl
Rated NCC-1701
hemi tabernl

Thereby, her dancing.

1. why 'hypocritical'?? i said what i meant from the begining i don't know why you are accusing of such a bad thing..?
2. what do you mean 'a story has to 'earn' whatever ending it has'?? do you mean the ending has to 'go well' with the story and 'blend' and not be 'disappointing'?.. if that's what you mean than EVERYTHING is possible the movie is clay in the hands of the director/script writers/editor etc. they can always "bend" the story so that the ending will "fit" well with the story and will be true to the story and will "go with the flow" as they say..
3. 'no one makes it out of life alive'??.. what does that even mean? that carlito had to die because he was trying to get out of his "life"?.. out of the gangster life?.. is that what you mean by 'no one makes it out of life alive'? out of the "life" of crime that he had?.. if that's what you mean then it's bullshit.. he Could make it out of his type of "life" because he was being Reborn into a new one!! just like a baby "gives up" the life in the womb for a better life outside.. same here.. no rule (whether street rule or film rule) no rule says he had to die.. and quite the opposite.. according to the good "karma" he created he Should have survived..
4. if in your eyes 'believability favors?bittersweet'.. it only means that you have a?bittersweet life so that's the only 'believable' thing for you.. its not necessarily Everybody's view on life and/or film..
5. the dancing doesn't equal hope, but rather no hope at all because the HERO died!! hope means the hero survives somehow imo

Phew, that is a Guinness Record amount of conclusion jumping right here. I give you interpretations and you're turning them into stone-chiseled gospel. No matter how many "coulda/shoulda/wouldas" you presume, the film is what it is, but instead of coming to your own interpretation about it (aka, NOT ME), you treat it as if there's a 1024 minute director's cut yet to be unearthed. You have yet to answer the question of how you interpret the story as is and not the way you want it to be. For example...

.3. 'no one makes it out of life alive'??.. what does that even mean?

It's a play on words about death. G'head. Let it marinate...
Aug 25, 2017 1:40 AM
0 0