Game of Thrones Season 7

Original Poster
Favorite moments:

1. Opening scene Arya's revenge. totally epic. I saw every moment coming, it was not a surprise but it was still so satisfying. get it girl.

2. Loved The marching army of Wights, the zombie giant! Such a short wordless scene but told a great deal of storytelling just from that one image.

3. Bran & Meera arrive at the wall. When word gets back to Jon & Sansa, won't Bran take precedence over both of them in the order of succession? He's the oldest surviving legitimate male offspring of Ned Stark. But he's a cripple and a child, so maybe the lords of the north will still prefer a grown man to be their king?

4. Sansa & Jon already butting heads. Saw that coming. Sansa actually had the better idea (rewarding the loyal) but she was stupid to contradict Jon in front of everyone. They are stronger as a unified front, they should not let underlings see them arguing. It's like mom and dad fighting in front of the kids.

5. Cersei and Jaime on the giant map. Basic expository scene that was a good summing up of where all the houses align.

6. Euron's ship is so fucking cool! All black ship with black sails and that amazing kraken on the prow. It's a work of art! Euron is going to get Cersei an engagement gift. What do you think: Dragon's head, or Tyrion's head?

7. The citadel is another amazing piece of scenery! The design of that chandelier- it's made of small mirrors that reflect the sunlight from the oculus into every dark corner of that vast library. Super cool, reminds me of something Da Vinci would have invented.
Why do the soup bowls at the citadel look just like the bedpans? Why does the soup at the citadel look just like the diarrhea? Why is the grandmaester so nonchalant about the Night's King and the coming winter? it's not really comparable to the end of human dynasties.

8. The way Tormund looks at Brienne. Tells Podrick he's a lucky man to have his ass beat by Brienne.
Jul 17, 2017 6:44 AM
0 0
("Euron is going to get Cersei an engagement gift. What do you think: Dragon's head, or Tyrion's head?")

Or one of the sand snakes from Dorne responsible for killing Cersei's daughter.?

("When word gets back to Jon & Sansa, won't Bran take precedence over both of them in the order of succession??")?

That won't ultimately matter. I think it will be revealed that Jon is not only the son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark but that Rhaegar annulled his first marriage and married Lyanna thus making Jon the legitimate heir to the Targaryen throne.?

("8. The way Tormund looks at Brienne. Tells Podrick he's a lucky man to have his ass beat by Brienne.")

Yeah, Tormund kind of takes "eye f###ing" someone to a whole new level. LOL!?

Did you notice this in the book Sam was reading??

There is also this picture that appeared on entertainment weekly. Look at the dagger on Arya's hip.?

In both cases it's the Valyrian steel Cat's Paw dagger the would be assassin used in the failed attempt to kill Bran. Wonder how Arya comes by it? Things that make you go hmmmmm.?
Jul 17, 2017 7:37 AM
0 0
Illyria3. Bran & Meera arrive at the wall. When word gets back to Jon & Sansa, won't Bran take precedence over both of them in the order of succession? He's the oldest surviving legitimate male offspring of Ned Stark. But he's a cripple and a child, so maybe the lords of the north will still prefer a grown man to be their king?

6. Euron's ship is so fucking cool! All black ship with black sails and that amazing kraken on the prow. It's a work of art! Euron is going to get Cersei an engagement gift. What do you think: Dragon's head, or Tyrion's head?

Nice episode.

I thought Arya sticking it to Mercer Frey last time around got the point across. The opening scene this time was slightly overkill, but NBD.

Jon is now the man. He was voted King of the North. They're at war. It would only be an issue if Bran wanted to make it an issue, which I don't see happening. And if he did, I don't know that he would succeed.

A lot of people bitching about Sheeran [Sic?] in the show, but I guess this is where my inattention to pop culture pays off. Didn't know or care who the guy was. My episode was not ruined by his presence.

Things seems to be moving at a pace to wrap everything up in one season, not two, so something must come up to retard the forward motion of the plot.

The Wire, GoT, Westworld. HBO is killing it.

Jul 17, 2017 10:09 AM
0 0
The opening with Ayra was awesome but just fan service as there were no notable 'oh shit' moments the rest of the episode. The reveal @ the citadel was the closest thing and we finally see a glimmer of how Jon and Dany will meet. Not disappointed in this episode but the way the cliff hanger was structured made it seem like they'd jump straight into the battle @ Kings Landing...looks like we'll have to wait just a bit more.
Jul 17, 2017 3:02 PM
0 0
I liked it overall but there were a few seams showing. Clegane was the highlight of course. I liked the Jon and Sansa stuff but even that felt off somehow. I suppose it'll find it's own rhythm eventually after that long break. Or maybe it was simply too much anticipation. And I don't follow pop culture either but I recognized that doughy ginger fuck Sheeran right off the bat. That was off putting and it certainly didn't help the underlying and faint air of meh-ness.
Jul 17, 2017 3:12 PM
0 0
88 Miles Per HourThe opening with Ayra was awesome but just fan service as there were no notable 'oh shit' moments the rest of the episode. The reveal @ the citadel was the closest thing and we finally see a glimmer of how Jon and Dany will meet. Not disappointed in this episode but the way the cliff hanger was structured made it seem like they'd jump straight into the battle @ Kings Landing...looks like we'll have to wait just a bit more.

I wouldn't call Arya's scene fan service or overkill. It'd be necessary to do what she did otherwise the next in line after Walter and his sons would take up the mantle and lead the Freys. This way the entire Frey household is gone, which is one less ally the Lannister have.

As for the rest of the episode it was a solid start, every scene was gripping without having to resort to sex or violence and it set up a bunch of stuff for the rest of the season.
Jul 17, 2017 3:28 PM
0 0
Deschain
88 Miles Per HourThe opening with Ayra was awesome but just fan service as there were no notable 'oh shit' moments the rest of the episode. The reveal @ the citadel was the closest thing and we finally see a glimmer of how Jon and Dany will meet. Not disappointed in this episode but the way the cliff hanger was structured made it seem like they'd jump straight into the battle @ Kings Landing...looks like we'll have to wait just a bit more.

I wouldn't call Arya's scene fan service or overkill. It'd be necessary to do what she did otherwise the next in line after Walter and his sons would take up the mantle and lead the Freys. This way the entire Frey household is gone, which is one less ally the Lannister have.

As for the rest of the episode it was a solid start, every scene was gripping without having to resort to sex or violence and it set up a bunch of stuff for the rest of the season.

It was fan service in the sense that they easily could have showed it in the S6 finale, but because they needed something to hook people back in they waited till this episode.
Jul 17, 2017 3:42 PM
0 0
Oh yeah and Euron Greyjoy does actually suck as a character. I remember reading this article/blog something or other that couched it in terms of his being given a makeover and he's gonna be the new sexual fixation on the show blah blah blah. But instead he comes off more than ever like a poor man's Ewan MacGregor. So shit...it would seem like the negatives might have outweighed last night's positives. I'd watch it again to make sure but I erased it.
Jul 17, 2017 3:52 PM
0 0
So it hasn't been mentioned in the series, but in the book, there is some kind of Dragon horn that can control the dragons. Am I wrong? Its been a while since I've read the books. ?Is that what Euron could potentially bring back to Cersei?

Love the kid that plays Lyanna Mormont. She seriously kicks ass keep the other older men in line.
Jul 17, 2017 4:19 PM
0 0
Solid start for the Season.

?Arya killing it as usual. You better put some respeck on her name!?

Jon and Sansa butting heads was kind of expected. Sansa under mining Jon in front of the other Lords and Ladies was out of line and reminds me of Vito scolding Sonny in the Godfather about "never speaking your mind in front of anyone that isn't family." I did like how Sansa pointed out how Robb and Ned were good men but made stupid mistakes costing them their lives. It makes sense that Sansa's attitude and demeanor about the world has changed just given all she has been through. And you know Peter Baelish is going to capitalize on any drama between the two.

Euron's ship Silence is the truth! He is going to wreck shop on anyone he crosses on the sea.

I loved Sam at the Citadel. I'm sure he thought it was all going to be just him seating in a library reading while being lectured by the other maesters but instead him scrubbing doo doo and serving soup on the daily. We don't get too many laugh out loud moments on Game of Thrones and I thought they handled it well.

The scene with Arya and the Lannister soldiers was very well done when it could have been episode filler. Arya was so used to being mistreated or threatened by Lannister soldiers but these guys were just young men sort of just hanging out and shooting the shit. Say what you want about Ed Sheeran but that white boy can sang!

Scene with Euron, Jaime, and Cersei was awesome. "Two good hands."

The Hound with the Brotherhood may have been the highlight of the episode for me.?

Jul 17, 2017 5:25 PM
0 0
Lady MarySo it hasn't been mentioned in the series, but in the book, there is some kind of Dragon horn that can control the dragons. Am I wrong? Its been a while since I've read the books. ?Is that what Euron could potentially bring back to Cersei?

Love the kid that plays Lyanna Mormont. She seriously kicks ass keep the other older men in line.

Yeah, I like Lyanna, too, I hope this doesn't become a recurring thing with her "keeping the older men in line." She's still a young kid and those old men may be fools but they are battle tested fools. That's why I was glad when after Lyanna scolded Lord Glover they nodded to each other out of respect.
Jul 17, 2017 5:31 PM
0 0
D.H.Oh yeah and Euron Greyjoy does actually suck as a character. I remember reading this article/blog something or other that couched it in terms of his being given a makeover and he's gonna be the new sexual fixation on the show blah blah blah. But instead he comes off more than ever like a poor man's Ewan MacGregor. So shit...it would seem like the negatives might have outweighed last night's positives. I'd watch it again to make sure but I erased it.

Whether it's Joffrey, Ramsey or now Euron, somebody always needs to be the sadist.
Jul 17, 2017 6:23 PM
0 0
Wondering how long it will take for Bran to realize this whole thing revolves around Littlefingers scheming, and how long Littlefinger will let Bran live once he discovers the kid is clairvoyant.
Jul 17, 2017 6:25 PM
0 0
Johnny Wishbone
Lady MarySo it hasn't been mentioned in the series, but in the book, there is some kind of Dragon horn that can control the dragons. Am I wrong? Its been a while since I've read the books. ?Is that what Euron could potentially bring back to Cersei?

Yeah, I like Lyanna, too, I hope this doesn't become a recurring thing with her "keeping the older men in line." She's still a young kid and those old men may be fools but they are battle tested fools. That's why I was glad when after Lyanna scolded Lord Glover they nodded to each other out of respect.

We're starting to sail near "What you talking about Willis!" territory with this gimmick. Jon asks for help. Old men balk. Lyanna chastises. Old men fall in line.

Fan service is a bitch. So is the tendency for writers to fall in love with character turns.
Jul 17, 2017 8:15 PM
0 0
how's that fan service?

that's her character

nothing was worse than sheeran's escapism-killing cameo, winking and the camera and saying buy my new song on iTunes. That crap deserves criticism, not pseudo fan service Lyanna stuff.
Jul 17, 2017 10:01 PM
0 0
Illyriahow's that fan service?

that's her character

nothing was worse than sheeran's escapism-killing cameo, winking and the camera and saying buy my new song on iTunes. That crap deserves criticism, not pseudo fan service Lyanna stuff.

Don't know Sheeran. Don't recall any mention of iTunes. Just seemed like a guy singing a song to me. Nothing bothered me about that scene.

And if that's her character, well it's a little bit one note, isn't it? We've been through this scene a few times now. They need to find a better way to resolve the disagreements they manufacture than to have Lyanna shame them into line.
Jul 17, 2017 10:15 PM
0 0
I thought the whole episode was pretty lame.
Jul 17, 2017 10:23 PM
0 0
YAWNDon't know Sheeran. Don't recall any mention of iTunes. Just seemed like a guy singing a song to me. Nothing bothered me about that scene.

And if that's her character, well it's a little bit one note, isn't it? We've been through this scene a few times now. They need to find a better way to resolve the disagreements they manufacture than to have Lyanna shame them into line.

They opened on a full frame shot of his face. And they cut back to him several times. Why would they do that if it wasn't a *nudge nudge wink wink* scene? That was the egregious moment not Little Lady Mormont. That felt more like a quick recognition/reminder of her awesomeness even though I do agree they have to be careful they don't go to that well too often.
Jul 17, 2017 10:45 PM
0 0
D.H.
YAWNDon't know Sheeran. Don't recall any mention of iTunes. Just seemed like a guy singing a song to me. Nothing bothered me about that scene.

They opened on a full frame shot of his face. And they cut back to him several times. Why would they do that if it wasn't a *nudge nudge wink wink* scene? That was the egregious moment not Little Lady Mormont. That felt more like a quick recognition/reminder of her awesomeness even though I do agree they have to be careful they don't go to that well too often.

Like I said. I don't know the guy, so it didn't seem out of place.

Jul 17, 2017 10:54 PM
0 0
IllyriaFavorite moments:

1. Opening scene Arya's revenge. totally epic. I saw every moment coming, it was not a surprise but it was still so satisfying. get it girl.

2. Loved The marching army of Wights, the zombie giant! Such a short wordless scene but told a great deal of storytelling just from that one image.

3. Bran & Meera arrive at the wall. When word gets back to Jon & Sansa, won't Bran take precedence over both of them in the order of succession? He's the oldest surviving legitimate male offspring of Ned Stark. But he's a cripple and a child, so maybe the lords of the north will still prefer a grown man to be their king?

4. Sansa & Jon already butting heads. Saw that coming. Sansa actually had the better idea (rewarding the loyal) but she was stupid to contradict Jon in front of everyone. They are stronger as a unified front, they should not let underlings see them arguing. It's like mom and dad fighting in front of the kids.

5. Cersei and Jaime on the giant map. Basic expository scene that was a good summing up of where all the houses align.

7. The citadel is another amazing piece of scenery! The design of that chandelier- it's made of small mirrors that reflect the sunlight from the oculus into every dark corner of that vast library. Super cool, reminds me of something Da Vinci would have invented.
Why do the soup bowls at the citadel look just like the bedpans? Why does the soup at the citadel look just like the diarrhea? Why is the grandmaester so nonchalant about the Night's King and the coming winter? it's not really comparable to the end of human dynasties.

8. The way Tormund looks at Brienne. Tells Podrick he's a lucky man to have his ass beat by Brienne.

1 - agreed

2 - also awesome. In the books (yes I'm a book nerd leave me alone!!!) they also have giant spiders and other wildlife like bears!!

3 - I don't think it's so much that he's Ned's bastard son that made them choose him so much as it was his actions. I think the fact that they believe him to be Ned's son is just the icing on the cake so to speak. It'll be an interesting dynamic no doubt, and one that Littlefinger is sure to leverage to creep on Sansa some more.?

4 - Sansa is wrong and Jon is right. Ultimately the human race is fighting undead ice zombies that will kill everyone and everything south of the wall. The more warm bodies you have fighting them the better. The fact that the survivors are essentially children (teenagers at the most) makes it even more truthful. Jon would be no better than Cersei if he punished children for the older siblings/parents actions. His move there won him more bodies, saved those childrens lives and earned him more respect in the end. His line about swinging the sword is also apt here as I'm sure he's not looking to kill children...

5 - This did nothing for me, but it clearly illustrates their current situation.?

6 - They did an amazing job with those ships! I was really disappointed that they cut so much of the Greyjoys story from the books out of the show. One of my favourite characters was Euron's brother, Victarion. He was like a badass pirate/knight who eventually gets his entire arm charred by a priest of the lord of light.... Badass to it's core! Going WAY out on a limb but I believe the gift he's going to go for is the horn from Valeria. Don't wanna get too much more in to it just in case I'm right... Way too spoilery if I am.?

7- I really enjoyed this part as well.?

8 - Tormund is done so well in the show. One of my favourite characters. I love his story about banging a bear!

I love the show, can't wait for more!
Jul 18, 2017 6:45 AM
0 0