No U.S. Blu-Ray release for "Brick" still.

Original Poster
I recently wanted to purchase the film Brick on Blu-Ray but saw it was only released in the U.K. I found this very strange and odd, especially since Rian Johnson has become such a big name in the film industry. When will Brick get a proper Blu-Ray release? It's actually frustrating. Rian has blamed Focus for the lack of a domestic release and can't really do anything about the situation unfortunately.
Jul 16, 2017 4:19 AM
0 0
It would be great if they did release it on blu ray. Its a gorgeously shot, great neo noir.
Jul 16, 2017 4:51 AM
0 0
Michael GustafsonI recently wanted to purchase the film Brick on Blu-Ray but saw it was only released in the U.K. ?I found this very strange and odd, especially since Rian Johnson has become such a big name in the film industry. When will Brick get a proper Blu-Ray release? It's actually frustrating. Rian has blamed Focus for the lack of a domestic release and can't really do anything about the situation unfortunately.

Brick a long with Red Rock West, The Last Seduction and Hollywoodland are about the only 4 neo noirs that have yet to see a blu ray release.
I haven't seen Hollywoodland (even though I've only the DVD since it got in the 4 for 25 sale at blockbuster years back) but the others sure do deserve a release.
Jul 16, 2017 8:39 PM
0 0
It's such a shame really. Hopefully they'll get a criterion release in the near future. Until then I guess I'll have to settle with the DVD.
Jul 17, 2017 12:05 AM
0 0
I'm betting on Twilight Time to get it, since it's taken this long. They tend to acquire forgotten acclaimed films, and it's why I have Remains of the Day now.
Jul 17, 2017 10:31 AM
0 0
Rated NCC-1701I'm betting on Twilight Time to get it, since it's taken this long. They tend to acquire forgotten acclaimed films, and it's why I have Remains of the Day now.

That would suck... Twilight Time charges maximum prices and offers few features. Plus the limited number of copies they sell.

TT is Mill Creek with several times the sales price.
Jul 17, 2017 5:25 PM
0 0
Still waiting for The Abyss Blu-Ray as well. It feels like it's taken forever. I know Jim is a stickler when it comes to providing high quality visual fidelity, but I think it might have more to do with the peripheral nightmare he'll have to experience while compiling lost footage and "making of" documentaries. I distinctly remember cast and crew not getting along on that film (multiple near death experiences). Oddly enough, he appears to be more hands-on for this particular home video release than any of his other films.

Brick's Blu-Ray omission is questionable as it is relative cult classic, and was incredibly cheap to make (less than 1M). You'd think the studio/director would want to expand its accessibility to Blu-Ray format.
Jul 17, 2017 6:43 PM
0 0
Feuer und EisStill waiting for The Abyss Blu-Ray as well. It feels like it's taken forever. I know Jim is a stickler when it comes to providing high quality visual fidelity, but I think it might have more to do with the peripheral nightmare he'll have to experience while compiling lost footage and "making of" documentaries. I distinctly remember cast and crew not getting along on that film (multiple near death experiences). Oddly enough, he appears to be more hands-on for this particular home video release than any of his other films.

Brick's Blu-Ray omission is questionable as it is relative cult classic, and was incredibly cheap to make (less than 1M). You'd think the studio/director would want to expand its accessibility to Blu-Ray format.

From what Rian Johnson has said, it's out of his hands basically. Focus has been really weird with the distribution of the film. There's a blu-ray and steelbook release in the U.K. and it makes me furious lol. I don't have a region free player... :/
Jul 17, 2017 9:48 PM
0 0
Michael Gustafson
Feuer und EisStill waiting for The Abyss Blu-Ray as well. It feels like it's taken forever. I know Jim is a stickler when it comes to providing high quality visual fidelity, but I think it might have more to do with the peripheral nightmare he'll have to experience while compiling lost footage and "making of" documentaries. I distinctly remember cast and crew not getting along on that film (multiple near death experiences). Oddly enough, he appears to be more hands-on for this particular home video release than any of his other films.

From what Rian Johnson has said, it's out of his hands basically. Focus has been really weird with the distribution of the film. There's a blu-ray and steelbook release in the U.K. and it makes me furious lol. I don't have a region free player... :/

I think that UK release might be OOP. I'm not 100% sure though.
Jul 18, 2017 12:44 AM
0 0
Anthony Hurley
Rated NCC-1701I'm betting on Twilight Time to get it, since it's taken this long. They tend to acquire forgotten acclaimed films, and it's why I have Remains of the Day now.

That would suck... Twilight Time charges maximum prices and offers few features. Plus the limited number of copies they sell.

TT is Mill Creek with several times the sales price.

True, but I managed to get Remains and When the Wind Blows for $20 each during a sale at Screen Archives. Plus, their isolated scores are a major bonus for me.
Jul 18, 2017 8:51 PM
0 0
Remember to refer to it by its RT forums-official title, [eternity]Brick[/eternity].
Jul 18, 2017 11:13 PM
0 0

The Cinefx documentary on The Making of The Abyss is all anyone should ever need. Its still one of the best extras ever offered.
Jul 18, 2017 11:15 PM
0 0