Is "The Imam of Peace" Good or Bad?

Original Poster
He seems like a noble reformer, and incredibly brave given the dangers of criticizing his faith.

https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/status/884627733715746816

Facebook has suspended him. This is upsetting a lot of people because the only things I've seen him post have been nothing but peaceful. Sometimes critical and blunt, yes, but always for the good of promoting peace.

But I almost wonder if he's even real.
Jul 12, 2017 10:03 AM
0 0
His tweet about Facebook sanctioning him

Here is a screengrab from his twitter, to let you know what he's about

Jul 12, 2017 10:05 AM
0 0
Probs a Milkshake Duck.
Jul 12, 2017 10:56 AM
0 0
jasper de largeHe seems like a noble reformer, and incredibly brave given the dangers of criticizing his faith.

Facebook has suspended him. This is upsetting a lot of people because the only things I've seen him post have been nothing but peaceful. Sometimes critical and blunt, yes, but always for the good of promoting peace.

If all of the above is true, and all he's done is post peaceful stuff encouraging reform, why would he be bad?
Jul 12, 2017 11:33 AM
0 0
Ivan the Terrible
jasper de largeHe seems like a noble reformer, and incredibly brave given the dangers of criticizing his faith.

If all of the above is true, and all he's done is post peaceful stuff encouraging reform, why would he be bad?

As wirthling's post demonstrates, this sub-forum has a tendency to find fault and demonize everything. Note his suspicion that this imam "probs" turns out to be someone vile.
Cuz you know what they say around here, "everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is homophobic, everything is bigoted, everything is xenophobic, everything is Islamo-oh wait..."

Not saying wirthling actually believes all that, just that it's highly representative of prevailing regressive attitudes around these parts.
Jul 12, 2017 6:21 PM
0 0
But on a serious note, this guy is on borrowed time and he knows it. He's getting death threats, and given his target of criticism, it's hard to imagine threats being any more credible.? He even got a note telling him explicitly that he was on borrowed time. He tweeted a picture of the note, and Twitter removed it.

In case you needed to know more before realizing how fucked up Twitter is. Guys like Farrakhan can call for bloodshed in a race war, and just hours later there's an attack on the Dallas Police Department, in which multiple people are killed. And Twitter is A-OK with Farrakhan using their platform for this.

But Milo mocks a celebrity like Leslie Jones over a movie and he's banished.

Yeah, incite a race war and Twitter validates you. Post a nasty review and mock someone over a movie you think is shitty, and Twitter shuts you down.
Jul 12, 2017 6:28 PM
0 0
I've never heard of him but if you admire him he's almost certainly terrible.
Jul 12, 2017 7:11 PM
0 0
Pro tolerance thread is intolerant. Move along, nothing to see here.
Jul 12, 2017 8:36 PM
0 0
MeowI've never heard of him but if you admire him he's almost certainly terrible.

New to me, but I think I'm hip to Jasper's game here.

The idea is to portray the Imam sharing a basic message of peace and support for Western liberal values as a extreme radical under constant threat from the broader Muslim community as a way of saying that Muslims overwhelming reject such a message and are not receptive to it.
Jul 12, 2017 11:25 PM
0 0
Esoteric Allusion
MeowI've never heard of him but if you admire him he's almost certainly terrible.

The idea is to portray the Imam sharing a basic message of peace and support for Western liberal values as a extreme radical under constant threat from the broader Muslim community as a way of saying that Muslims overwhelming reject such a message and are not receptive to it.

I said move along. Don't make me tap the sign.
Jul 12, 2017 11:36 PM
0 0
Esoteric Allusion

a.k.a. Osmaning. (See also, VisualSensationing, Cuepery.)
Jul 12, 2017 11:39 PM
0 0