Let's talk about music you lovely fucks

DetrimentalChris Stapelton is pretty good for contemporary country. I listened to his latest album and enjoyed it a lot, so if you have some free time you should check it out.

My dad gave me his last CD and I was like "what am I supposed to do with an actual CD?"
Nov 4, 2017 7:21 PM
0 0
Meow
DetrimentalChris Stapelton is pretty good for contemporary country. I listened to his latest album and enjoyed it a lot, so if you have some free time you should check it out.

My dad gave me his last CD and I was like "what am I supposed to do with an actual CD?"

Maybe his eyesight is failing and he thought he was giving you a mini-Frisbee for Chance.
Nov 4, 2017 7:42 PM
0 0
This "Without Warning" mixtape/album is fire. Metro Boomin keeps proving he's the most consistent producer in Hip Hop and 21 Savage and Offset's flow and lyrics are on point.
Nov 4, 2017 9:06 PM
0 0
I got the latest Goldfrapp album (Silver Eye) and it's fine but one of the more generically dance-y things they've released. I share the band's sentiment that Head First was a fun, silly trifle but should have been a side-project and this isn't fluff like that but it is almost as conventional in terms of being pop music. That's an extremely relative statement, being Goldfrapp. This is good, vast-sounding, lush stuff but lacks the detailed sense of cinematic vision the rest of their catalogue has. Songs tend to hit a certain intensity and stick with it, missing big dynamic shifts and more varied instrumentation. Still, I can see a few of these tracks appearing in movie soundtracks during some sort of intense scene.
Nov 10, 2017 9:14 AM
0 0
In my most white dude music fan move yet, tomorrow night I am going to see Daniel Johnston with Built to Spill as his backing band.
Nov 10, 2017 3:14 PM
0 0
Meow

I got a complimentary CD of American Dream for going to see LCD Soundsystem. Me, your Dad, and James Murphy just give a shit about sound quality I suppose.
Nov 10, 2017 7:50 PM
0 0
Greta Van Fleet is probably the best Led Zeppelin tribute band i've ever heard. Except they play their own original material. Really good music that feels like it stepped right out of the 70s. If whic hasn't heard of this band then hell just froze over.
Nov 11, 2017 7:56 PM
0 0
The Party by Andy Shauf is a really beautiful album I've had on repeat the past few days.
Longlisted for the Polaris Music Prize this year I believe. Edit: last years long list! God I'm behind. It's still beautiful. He's playing it in full at Massey Hall this week in Toronto and you betcha I'm gunna try to be there.

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/andy_shauf-the_party

Nov 13, 2017 2:48 PM
0 0