The Official Game Of Thrones Season 7 Thread. The Great War Is Here.

Paquito
ZubenWhat I claim is that you think that my post refutes WHIC because you misread it and that you misread it because you are grossly stupid. I also, now, claim that you have difficulty understanding that this is what I was saying because, again, you are stupid and have trouble understanding written language. And now that you are still confused about the logical fallacies you are dishing out because you don't understand what they are. And lastly, that you are projecting your inability onto a group of posters who don't have a history of having trouble understanding the positions of the people that they are arguing with and who are all clearly more intelligent people than you. Yes, your "loling" and fake enjoyment of how badly you are floundering here reeks of desperation. You just shat your diaper in front of the whole board, again, for the umpteenth time, while crowing about how orgasmic your "victory" is while everyone laughs at you.

After you got caught flagrantly engaging in a strawman argument ("GOT has themes!") you started this pathetic rhetorical stunt, insisting there's no way your quote could be used to refute WHIC's point, while refusing to read my arguments that explained how.

The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim; if you claim I'm misusing your quote, the burden's on you to explain why. If the burden of proof is shifted on me, I'd just end up making the same arguments you're refusing to read. It's a pathetically transparent dodge that won't deceive anyone smarter than wirthling.

The reason you're misusing my quote is that it doesn't contradict anything WHIC has said. No one but you thinks it does, including me (who wrote the one post) and WHIC (who wrote the other). The "burden of proof" is hardly on us. You're right in so far as I'm not genuinely interested in exploring your thoughts on this further than interjecting into the conversation that the only reading of my post that negates WHIC's is a misreading. I don't think you're smart enough to follow a conversation.

Also, Wirthling is much, much smarter than you.
Aug 11, 2017 11:59 PM
0 0
whathaveicreated
Paquito
neumdaddy
whathaveicreated
NimChimpskyWatching a show I like and want to watch in the context of a "viewing party" sounds awful.

Don't worry, you weren't invited.

Heh.

I think viewing parties for a show like GoT, which can be deliriously entertaining at its best, can be good fun. I'll certainly re-watch by myself, but it's not like we're talking about a group of 20 people here (unless we're talking WHIC's cousins). I think it's more about 6 to 8 people, and we're not drunkenly joking through the whole ep or anything. (because I'd hate that, too)

So long as no one talks during the episode, especially during dialogue, viewing parties are a blast, even with a large group.

Fuck yeah! Me an Paqwito get invited to tons of parties as long as we promise not to talk!

I snortled out loud.
Aug 12, 2017 12:01 AM
0 0
whathaveicreated
NimChimpskyWatching a show I like and want to watch in the context of a "viewing party" sounds awful.

Don't worry, you weren't invited.

Aug 12, 2017 12:35 AM
0 0
Fucking Nim, right guys? He's the new Paquito!
Aug 12, 2017 12:35 AM
0 0
It's a shame we have such dwindling numbers here and yet I feel compelled to ignore the existence of several people. Well, not ignore the existence of so much as remember to scroll down when they post. I just don't need to waste any more of my life on someone who has -- *feels someone scrolling past this post*

Damn it.
Aug 12, 2017 1:17 AM
0 0
Wait, dudes, what about me.*

*strategically places a period instead of a question mark
Aug 12, 2017 1:51 AM
0 0
Meow
?Moses
MeowDoes anyone want to come to my My Cat From Hell viewing party? NO TALKING.

Sure.

I meant no talking for the entire evening.

Not like I have anything to say.
Aug 12, 2017 2:23 AM
0 0
MeowDoes anyone want to come to my My Cat From Hell viewing party? NO TALKING.

Sweet. Another party night of "Nice quip," charades.
Aug 12, 2017 4:57 PM
0 0
The fuck you folks have against viewing parties? It's just like the experience of watching a blockbuster flick with an audience. OK, maybe you prefer to watch the shit alone in the dark, I'll take a raucous crowd.
Aug 12, 2017 5:27 PM
0 0
Is ten or so people getting together to watch a tv show a "party" though?
Aug 12, 2017 10:25 PM
0 0
ZubenIs ten or so people getting together to watch a tv show a "party" though?

Get-together? Hang? I mean, it's a viewing party, which suggests it isn't a larger kind of throwdown. How many people can you fit in a living room to watch a show? 10 seems normal for these kinds of things.
Aug 13, 2017 12:32 AM
0 0
I've watched plenty of episodes in bars, and for example the Hodor episode from last season (which I had already seen a leaked copy of) shattered a room of 80.
Aug 13, 2017 1:09 AM
0 0
ej
Christ, booze, not everyone frequents pubs like The Gallant Falconer's Frothy Pottage Tavern and Ale House. "The Door" barely moved the needle at the Dave & Buster's where I was.
Aug 13, 2017 1:26 AM
0 0
ejChrist, booze, not everyone frequents pubs like The Gallant Falconer's Frothy Pottage Tavern and Ale House. "The Door" barely moved the needle at the Dave & Buster's where I was.

Maybe Chileans are just more emotional. People were howling and sobbing. Sadly I can't go to bars for viewing parties in Eastern Europe because it starts at 4 A.M. or so.
Aug 13, 2017 1:32 AM
0 0
Fuck now I'm going to watch that episode again.
Aug 13, 2017 1:37 AM
0 0
neumdaddy
ZubenIs ten or so people getting together to watch a tv show a "party" though?

Get-together? Hang? I mean, it's a viewing party, which suggests it isn't a larger kind of throwdown. How many people can you fit in a living room to watch a show? 10 seems normal for these kinds of things.

I dunno brah, I have a friend who owns a movie theatre and so I've been to some pretty epic "viewing parties" of GoT.
Aug 13, 2017 2:15 AM
0 0
ej
ejChrist, booze, not everyone frequents pubs like The Gallant Falconer's Frothy Pottage Tavern and Ale House. "The Door" barely moved the needle at the Dave & Buster's where I was.

Dave: "Wait. So the big dumb guy is, like, a time traveler?"
Buster: "Yeah."
Aug 13, 2017 2:20 AM
0 0
Avengers, assemble!
Aug 14, 2017 2:02 AM
0 0
Pretty good for a table setter with the usual season-seven heaping helping of teleportation.

Dany and Jon are definitely going to do it.
Aug 14, 2017 2:04 AM
0 0
There is simply no stupider plan than sending those guys north of the Wall, to kidnap a wight, to show to Cersei Lannister. Shark-jumpingly baffling.
Aug 14, 2017 2:17 AM
0 0