Tom Hardy to play Venom (2018)

Original Poster
I must admit i didn't see that coming!!!

May 20, 2017 1:59 AM
0 0
May 20, 2017 2:01 AM
0 0
May 20, 2017 2:31 AM
0 0
The real big news in this one for me was that they've apparently confirmed that it's going to be tied to the MCU!

Can't wait!!!
May 20, 2017 2:59 AM
0 0
Stu
So Tom's going to have that big, evil Venom grin on his face in this? As the Nostalgia Critic once said...

Seriously though, dude's a great actor, and I really want to see a good Venom movie after the BS they did with him in Spidey 3, you know?
May 20, 2017 4:16 AM
0 0
If this doesn't pan out, that pic alone assures him as a shoe-in for The Phil Anslemo Story.
May 20, 2017 12:08 PM
0 0
I wish he would just play Bane :ermm:
May 20, 2017 11:04 PM
0 0
Surely a better choice than Topher Grace. I feel like when they picked Topher they were deliberately trying to fashion him as the "bizarro Spider-Man" in that he would be just like Tobey but with more 'tude, rather than the tortured bruiser Eddie Brock.

Not only does Topher share a similar sounding name as Tobey, but they both kinda look similar with boyish looks and slight frames. And considering that in Spider-Man 3 Peter Parker transforms into his own bizarro Peter and takes on a "rude new badittude", Venom sort of came off as redundant overkill.

I think we could agree that Hardy's talents sort of went to waste as Bane. It's not that he did a bad job. It's not the the material was "beneath him" per se, but he's simply overqualified for the role and I don't know that he and Nolan hit the target.

They overcooked the souffle with Bane. Jouko Ahola would have been just as effective if not more, despite his limited range.

But with Venom, Hardy should be able to tap into this and get more use of his range.
May 21, 2017 12:43 AM
0 0
jasper de largeSurely a better choice than Topher Grace. I feel like when they picked Topher they were deliberately trying to fashion him as the "bizarro Spider-Man" in that he would be just like Tobey but with more 'tude, rather than the tortured bruiser Eddie Brock.

Not only does Topher share a similar sounding name as Tobey, but they both kinda look similar with boyish looks and slight frames. And considering that in Spider-Man 3 Peter Parker transforms into his own bizarro Peter and takes on a "rude new badittude", Venom sort of came off as redundant overkill.

I think we could agree that Hardy's talents sort of went to waste as Bane. It's not that he did a bad job. It's not the the material was "beneath him" per se, but he's simply overqualified for the role and I don't know that he and Nolan hit the target.

They overcooked the souffle with Bane. Jouko Ahola would have been just as effective if not more, despite his limited range.

But with Venom, Hardy should be able to tap into this and get more use of his range.

Venom in Spider-Man 3 was an afterthought. The studio supposedly pushed for his addition and Raimi had to shoehorn him in. Topher Grace as Eddie Brock was like a silly joke.. Brock from the books is supposed to be a massive dude. Don't get me wrong, I like?Topher well enough but good god I would?NEVER consider him a big guy. I agree with your point about him being the "bizzaro" Spider-Man.

I personally loved Hardy as Bane!?
May 22, 2017 12:15 AM
0 0
MKS
James MacKinnonThe real big news in this one for me was that they've apparently confirmed that it's going to be tied to the MCU!

Can't wait!!!

Where did you see this? I want to believe.
May 22, 2017 3:39 AM
0 0
Too bad we aren't getting the Flash Thompson version

At the very least this will give them an excuse to tap into Spiderman's vast and under used rogues gallery.
May 22, 2017 4:50 AM
0 0
The GuyToo bad we aren't getting the Flash Thompson version

At the very least this will give them an excuse to tap into Spiderman's vast and under used rogues gallery.

I'll pay cash money to see Jimmi Simpson as Stilt Man.

Or Peter Capaldi and Ryback as Styx and Stone.
May 22, 2017 5:41 AM
0 0
Please punch yourself in the groin as hard as you can if you:

-- Quoted anything the goddamn Nostalgia Critic said. Jesus flipping Christ.
-- Implied that Hardy's Bane didn't fucking rule.

Majorly excited about the casting.
May 22, 2017 6:01 AM
0 0
Stu
What's wrong with Nostalgia Critic...?
May 22, 2017 6:53 AM
0 0
I can't wait for Tom Hardy to play the lead singer of Poison.
May 22, 2017 7:04 AM
0 0
I dont doubt that he'll own this role, but Sony hasnt exactly established a credible CU with any of there characters yet so shrug.
May 22, 2017 3:21 PM
0 0
MKS
James MacKinnonThe real big news in this one for me was that they've apparently confirmed that it's going to be tied to the MCU!

Can't wait!!!

I can't seem to find it anymore... It was an article where they stated that it would "be the same cinematic universe as Holland's Spider-Man".

The more I look for it again the less I'm finding... I can't seem to find ANYTHING now stating that it would be linked...

Driving me crazy!

May 22, 2017 8:23 PM
0 0
That's good. I'm glad they had the sense not to cast another baby-faced twat for the role. Now if they could just address his rather disturbing superhero complex, it would be even more awesomer.
May 22, 2017 8:27 PM
0 0
James MacKinnon
MKS

Can't wait!!!

I can't seem to find it anymore... It was an article where they stated that it would "be the same cinematic universe as Holland's Spider-Man".

The more I look for it again the less I'm finding... I can't seem to find ANYTHING now stating that it would be linked...

Driving me crazy!

I hope you're right, but everything I've read indicates Venom will be a part of the shared Spiderman Universe Sony is creating (Sinister Six, Silver Sable, Black Cat) but there's no mention of him being "usable" for the MCU.
May 22, 2017 9:01 PM
0 0
Vincent Raynes
James MacKinnon
MKS

Can't wait!!!

Driving me crazy!

I hope you're right, but everything I've read indicates Venom will be a part of the shared Spiderman Universe Sony is creating (Sinister Six, Silver Sable, Black Cat) but there's no mention of him being "usable" for the MCU.

Ya... Might have been a misprint in that first article... I need to pay more attention to what/where I'm reading this stuff!!
May 22, 2017 11:38 PM
0 0