New NHL Thread

Original Poster
Preds won a barnburner tonight.
Apr 27, 2017 3:46 AM
0 0
Team to beat in my opinion.
Apr 27, 2017 3:59 AM
0 0
I like the Pens chances. Good hockey talk here.
Apr 27, 2017 4:00 AM
0 0
MosesTeam to beat in my opinion.

Oh most definitely. Fo fo fo. Fo.
Apr 27, 2017 4:01 AM
0 0
BigwigI like the Pens chances. Good hockey talk here.

If it is not the Preds, then it has to be the Pens.
Apr 27, 2017 4:02 AM
0 0

Better than you'll get on ESPN. I feel like it will come down to Preds-Caps. The Trotz Bowl.
Apr 27, 2017 4:02 AM
0 0
Infinitus Corsair

Better than you'll get on ESPN. I feel like it will come down to Preds-Caps. The Trotz Bowl.

Did you see the bloodbath at ESPN today? They just about eliminated every hockey person but Barry Melrose, who is either taking an $80,000 salary or is a cockroach in a human outfit.
Apr 27, 2017 4:07 AM
0 0
Infinitus Corsair

Penguins are 8-1 against the Caps in playoff series. I know much of that doesn't mean shit because old. But it would be satisfying to beat them again. The Penguins have beaten the Capitals on all four Cup runs.
Apr 27, 2017 4:08 AM
0 0
Out of five Canadian teams, two made it to the second round. Both have a good chance to make it to the next... but I doubt either can get the cup. It's weird that Canada can't put together a Cup worthy hockey team. Anyway, go Sens and Oilers. Whatever.
Apr 27, 2017 4:16 AM
0 0
Infinitus Corsair

Hey Buddy, how are you handling the Kevin Fiala injury? Just know that I am thinking about you guys.
Apr 27, 2017 4:21 AM
0 0
ZubenOut of five Canadian teams, two made it to the second round. Both have a good chance to make it to the next... but I doubt either can get the cup. It's weird that Canada can't put together a Cup worthy hockey team. Anyway, go Sens and Oilers. Whatever.

I think it's just salary cap sports. The Canadian teams are down right now, overall. It will swing the other way at some point. The Oilers have always been my second favorite team. Surely a holdover of their 80s dominance (and Gretzky) before the Penguins became relevant with Lemieux.

I don't know if I told this story before, but when Gretzky was a few years into the league my dad and grandfather took me to a game against Edmonton. I'm guessing I was 9 or 10. Anyway, the Penguins went after Gretzky and this caused a bench clearing brawl. The Oilers then proceeded to beat the shit out of the Penguins in the fight, and the game. I think the final was 9-2, but I can't be sure. Gretzky scored a bunch of points.
Apr 27, 2017 4:34 AM
0 0
Bigwig
ZubenOut of five Canadian teams, two made it to the second round. Both have a good chance to make it to the next... but I doubt either can get the cup. It's weird that Canada can't put together a Cup worthy hockey team. Anyway, go Sens and Oilers. Whatever.

I think it's just salary cap sports. The Canadian teams are down right now, overall. It will swing the other way at some point. The Oilers have always been my second favorite team. Surely a holdover of their 80s dominance (and Gretzky) before the Penguins became relevant with Lemieux.

I don't know if I told this story before, but when Gretzky was a few years into the league my dad and grandfather took me to a game against Edmonton. I'm guessing I was 9 or 10. Anyway, the Penguins went after Gretzky and this caused a bench clearing brawl. The Oilers then proceeded to beat the shit out of the Penguins in the fight, and the game. I think the final was 9-2, but I can't be sure. Gretzky scored a bunch of points.

Gretzky?
Apr 27, 2017 5:05 AM
0 0
Moses
Infinitus Corsair

Hey Buddy, how are you handling the Kevin Fiala injury? Just know that I am thinking about you guys.

He's that level of player where they'll miss his contribution but will be motivated to win one for the "Gipper" (Fiala's clubhouse nickname).
Apr 27, 2017 5:11 AM
0 0
Bigwig
Infinitus Corsair

Did you see the bloodbath at ESPN today? They just about eliminated every hockey person but Barry Melrose, who is either taking an $80,000 salary or is a cockroach in a human outfit.

I did. Really seems like a drop in the bucket. I can't believe they got rid of Jayson Stark, in particular.
Apr 27, 2017 5:12 AM
0 0
I think Hockey is the perfect sport for me to pull a Kelly (baseball is clearly taken). Team of choice? The Chicago POCHawks. I KNOW WHAT TO DO. TEST ALL THE PLAYERS FOR CELIAC AND THEN DON'T GIVE THE PLAYERS WHO HAVE IT ANY GLUTEN. TRADE THE 3 WORST PLAYERS FOR WALTER PAYTON. CUT A HOLE IN THE BACK OF THE NET AND SLIP THE PUCK IN THAT WAY. PUT A RAISING CANE'S IN THE UNITED CENTER.
Apr 27, 2017 5:40 AM
0 0
Infinitus Corsair
Moses
Infinitus Corsair

He's that level of player where they'll miss his contribution but will be motivated to win one for the "Gipper" (Fiala's clubhouse nickname).

C'mon -- I know Fiala's clubhouse nickname.
Apr 27, 2017 11:34 AM
0 0
Moses
Infinitus Corsair
Moses
Infinitus Corsair

Never mind, Infinitus. My fault. I sometimes forget that other people read our posts.
Apr 27, 2017 11:37 AM
0 0
Moses
Moses
Infinitus Corsair
Moses
Infinitus Corsair

Never mind, Infinitus. My fault. I sometimes forget that other people read our posts.

No worries--I thought Bigwig might have still been in the thread.
Apr 27, 2017 11:42 PM
0 0
Zuben
Bigwig

Gretzky?

wut
Apr 28, 2017 2:34 AM
0 0
Oh my fuck, the mother fucking Sens and this fucking comeback! Got me to jump off my couch and scare my dog.
Apr 29, 2017 9:52 PM
0 0