The freshly baked French thread

theVictorian
NimChimpsky
theVictorianI think Le Pen's going to take it. Macron is pro-EU, so I'm guessing a lot of voters will sway Le Pen in the next round out of desperation to leave the EU. I understand that something like 62% of the French want out.

Lol. What alt-right beloved candidate is next up for defeat?

You don't think I wanted Le Pen to win, do you?

I got that impression, yes.
May 8, 2017 3:37 AM
0 0
NimChimpsky
theVictorian
NimChimpsky
theVictorianI think Le Pen's going to take it. Macron is pro-EU, so I'm guessing a lot of voters will sway Le Pen in the next round out of desperation to leave the EU. I understand that something like 62% of the French want out.

Lol. What alt-right beloved candidate is next up for defeat?

You don't think I wanted Le Pen to win, do you?

I got that impression, yes.

No, she's awful. I was concerned that Macron was a bad candidate in that political climate given his connections. Seems like Le Pen was just too odious to generate the required apathy.
May 8, 2017 3:53 AM
0 0
theVic struck me as the internet nerd equivalent of a liberal beltway journalist on Trump/Clinton. The sympathy might be in opposing Trump, but there's also a lot of dubious equivalence and pearl clutching regarding Clinton going on too. And a lot of it sound suspiciously like what Trump proponents would come up with. theVic did that with Marcon / Le Pen only from alt-right / not-alt-right angle.

theVic -

Your prediction of Le Pen winning was terrible and laps must be taken.
May 8, 2017 3:56 AM
0 0
Esoteric AllusiontheVic struck me as the internet nerd equivalent of a liberal beltway journalist on Trump/Clinton. The sympathy might be in opposing Trump, but there's also a lot of dubious equivalence and pearl clutching regarding Clinton going on too. And a lot of it sound suspiciously like what Trump proponents would come up with. theVic did that with Marcon / Le Pen only from alt-right / not-alt-right angle.

theVic -

Your prediction of Le Pen winning was terrible and laps must be taken.

Yeah, fair enough.

*laps*
May 8, 2017 4:00 AM
0 0
I have a good friend that I've ordered to take laps over a La Pen victory prediction as well. Viva la medicoritoria la elephant le soup du jour le cruoton!
May 8, 2017 4:02 AM
0 0
BigwigI have a good friend that I've ordered to take laps over a La Pen victory prediction as well. Viva la medicoritoria la elephant le soup du jour le cruoton!

Oui.
May 8, 2017 5:50 AM
0 0
Bigwig
Facebook UserI can't tell if the French results are a damning indictment of the American people or the American electoral system. Happily I don't have to decide and can see it as both.

Or neither?

Le Pen is has much of a racist, illiberal demagogue as Trump is. However, she is far sleeker, more polished and well competent than Trump.

65%, more or less, of the French voted against despite that. it speaks very, very badly that Trump received the amount of popular support that he did.

Americans are a weak and immoral people with a relic of electoral system. God damn them all.
May 8, 2017 6:27 AM
0 0
Facebook User
Bigwig
Facebook UserI can't tell if the French results are a damning indictment of the American people or the American electoral system. Happily I don't have to decide and can see it as both.

God damn them all.

There is no God. Proof: You exist.
May 8, 2017 6:54 AM
0 0
Facebook User
Bigwig

God damn them all.

May 8, 2017 6:54 AM
0 0
Bigwig
Facebook User
Bigwig

God damn them all.

The phrase is used to express great contempt and ill will.l It doesn't necessarily imply positive theistic content. If the use of 'God' was always literal/supernatural such comments as Thank God I'm an atheist" would be unintelligible. Clearly that is not the case...
May 8, 2017 7:55 AM
0 0
Macron named this guy (left) as PM. Edouard Philippe v Trevor Philips.

But we're still trailing some countries who've got the psychopath as president.
May 16, 2017 9:27 PM
0 0