The Fate of the Furious has made 552 million

Oooh so scary, people enjoying a big dumb action movie, surely nothing has ever been worse than this...

Apr 21, 2017 12:06 PM
0 0
Todd1700
Black PhilipSo fucking what. They're fun movies and the overseas take doesn't surprise me in the least. Fucking snob.

You don't have to be a snob to look down on a movie who's average viewer only reads Autotrader magazine. I mean the Transformer movies are pitiful shit too but being as they feature giant robots you can attribute a big chunk of their success to children who don't know any better. The F&F movies on the other hand are all on the adults. If all F&F fan houses burned down tonight there wouldn't be a velvet depiction of Elvis left hanging in a bathroom anywhere in America. Ford vs chevy bar room fist fights would taper off to zero as well. LOL!?

Most of that money didn't come from America. It came from overseas. Only $96 million in America on opening weekend. Read the stats before posting your bullshit.
Apr 21, 2017 12:09 PM
0 0
These movies are truly an anomaly @ this point. This one is the first one w/o Paul Walker, so I could see fans being curious as to what they'd do without him.
Fast Five certainly rejuvenated the franchise with the heist angle, but now they've pretty much been making the same movie since then.
Apr 21, 2017 6:22 PM
0 0
88 Miles Per HourThese movies are truly an anomaly @ this point. This one is the first one w/o Paul Walker, so I could see fans being curious as to what they'd do without him.
Fast Five certainly rejuvenated the franchise with the heist angle, but now they've pretty much been making the same movie since then.

I guess there are only so many James Bond-level plots that involve a need for muscle car/super car derbies?

Put the next one in space. Dom and the crew race hot rodders of Globus VII to secure the freedom of our solar system. The Spaced and the Spurious.
Apr 21, 2017 6:45 PM
0 0
The YETI
88 Miles Per HourThese movies are truly an anomaly @ this point. This one is the first one w/o Paul Walker, so I could see fans being curious as to what they'd do without him.

I guess there are only so many James Bond-level plots that involve a need for muscle car/super car derbies?

Put the next one in space. Dom and the crew race hot rodders of Globus VII to secure the freedom of our solar system. The Spaced and the Spurious.

they can cross it over with GOTG and it'll make all the money.
Apr 21, 2017 7:54 PM
0 0
88 Miles Per Hour
The YETI

they can cross it over with GOTG and it'll make all the money.

God help us all. You're right.
Apr 21, 2017 7:55 PM
0 0
China loves our blockbusters.

Also, the Rock's charisma transcends borders and language barriers. Dwayne and Statham need to ditch the "family" behind for greener pastures. They're the only remaining good thing about this series. If the Vin and Rock beef wasn't engineered (a la Universal Soldier style), I imagine this is where it stemmed from. Vin, as a producer, watching them dailies between Rock and Statham. The magnetic personalities. The deftly delivered quips. The blatant homo-erotic chemistry spilling off the screen by the boatload. He was jealous.
Apr 21, 2017 9:31 PM
0 0
I've honestly never seen one of the F&F movies all the way through. I'm sure they're decent popcorn movies they just really aren't my kinda thing
Apr 22, 2017 3:06 AM
0 0
Okay, now I'm starting to worry:

Apr 22, 2017 3:23 AM
0 0
Almost $700 million worldwide.
Apr 22, 2017 3:32 AM
0 0
Ned FlandersI've honestly never seen one of the F&F movies all the way through. I'm sure they're decent popcorn movies they just really aren't my kinda thing

I've never understood the car obsession. Whatever man gene it is that makes you love automobiles, I didn't get it.

Tanks are cooler. We need more tank movies
Apr 22, 2017 3:48 AM
0 0
Black Philip
Todd1700
Black PhilipSo fucking what. They're fun movies and the overseas take doesn't surprise me in the least. Fucking snob.

You don't have to be a snob to look down on a movie who's average viewer only reads Autotrader magazine. I mean the Transformer movies are pitiful shit too but being as they feature giant robots you can attribute a big chunk of their success to children who don't know any better. The F&F movies on the other hand are all on the adults. If all F&F fan houses burned down tonight there wouldn't be a velvet depiction of Elvis left hanging in a bathroom anywhere in America. Ford vs chevy bar room fist fights would taper off to zero as well. LOL!?

Most of that money didn't come from America. It came from overseas. Only $96 million in America on opening weekend. Read the stats before posting your bullshit.

I'll post whatever bullshit I want. Don't like it? Don't read it. Seems simple to me but for a Fast and Furious fan I guess that's a hard concept to grasp.?
Apr 22, 2017 5:46 AM
0 0
That's right. I like Fast & Furious and Theo Angelopoulos, the great Greek filmmaker who sadly passed away a few years back. Eat those tacos.
Apr 22, 2017 5:52 AM
0 0
That Autotrader magazine crack hit a little too close to home eh??
Apr 22, 2017 5:53 AM
0 0
Yeah it really hurt my butt.
Apr 22, 2017 6:15 AM
0 0
I guess that makes April the official start of "Hollywood Summer", with March not that far behind.

Domestically, the series is slipping. Meanwhile in the land of Fuck You Tibet, they're having the kind of Blockbuster Age that we used to back in the 80s. I'm so happy for them.

Todd1700

One of the top five quotes from this movie at IMDB is,

"Is that a torpedo" "Take the wheel" "What"

I'm serious. That is one of the best exchanges they could list.

Think of it this way: if it was said like this...

GROVER FROM SESAME STREET: Is that a torpedo?
PETER CULLEN: Take the wheel.
THAT LITTLE "NO SMOKING" GIRL FROM TWILIGHT ZONE THE MOVIE: What????

... the money and subsequent Oscars would be well justified.
Apr 22, 2017 12:08 PM
0 0
Todd1700

Do you have to be a snob to look down on automotive enthusiasts? As if these movies are an accurate representation of car culture to begin with. I for one do not feel guilty for recognizing muscle cars as the modern works of art that they are.
Apr 22, 2017 6:55 PM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
Todd1700Ever watched Smokey and the Bandit? It's like Shakespeare compared to these movies.

"I will barbecue your ass in molasses."

Buford T. Justice is the Falstaff of Texas.

"The goddamn Germans got nothing to do with it!"

eh... I've only seen the first three Fast and Furious films. I never liked them before, but I kind of warmed up to the original when I watched it a few years ago. I admit that I gave in and bought the The Ultimate Ride collection last week as it was on sale for only 27 bucks.?
Apr 23, 2017 12:20 AM
0 0
Abbie AnayaOooh so scary, people enjoying a big dumb action movie, surely nothing has ever been worse than this...

Yeah, the Bad Boys movies are the worst. I cannot stand Martin Lawrence.?

Apr 23, 2017 12:25 AM
0 0