The Fate of the Furious has made 552 million

Original Poster
so far. Thus ends the mystery of why Trump is president and the whole world is slowly sliding into shit.

One of the top five quotes from this movie at IMDB is,

"Is that a torpedo" "Take the wheel" "What"

I'm serious. That is one of the best exchanges they could list.

25 years ago 90 percent of the cast of this movie would have had their acting careers peak with a guest appearance on Baywatch.

Now despite the above facts these movies are the biggest things on the planet.

Some people say they weep for the future. Screw that. I weep for the present.
Apr 20, 2017 3:24 PM
0 0
Smokey and the Bandit was the second-highest grossing movie of 1977, so don't jump out the window just yet.
Apr 20, 2017 3:40 PM
0 0
I'm not so apocalyptic at this point. Sure it's a big dumb movie, at a time when we seem like a big dumb land in general. But haven't all of the last 2 or 3 F&F films made tons of cash?

Also, what else among the current wide releases do eager audiences wish to see? Skull Island, Logan and Get Out are a month old, and Ghost in the Shell sucked. In a drought, the thirsty resort to Axe Energy Drink if it's the only thing on the shelf.
Apr 20, 2017 3:41 PM
0 0
Apr 20, 2017 4:35 PM
0 0
MaxRennSmokey and the Bandit was the second-highest grossing movie of 1977, so don't jump out the window just yet.

No Cineplex for Old Men
Apr 20, 2017 4:57 PM
0 0
MaxRennSmokey and the Bandit was the second-highest grossing movie of 1977, so don't jump out the window just yet.

Ever watched Smokey and the Bandit? It's like Shakespeare compared to these movies.
Apr 20, 2017 5:11 PM
0 0
The YETINo Cineplex for Old Men

None of the 'plexes 'round me are showing Lost City of Z, forcing me to drive an hour to see it. And yet, there's plenty of screen space available for Grow House apparently.
Apr 20, 2017 5:15 PM
0 0
Todd1700Ever watched Smokey and the Bandit? It's like Shakespeare compared to these movies.

"I will barbecue your ass in molasses."

Buford T. Justice is the Falstaff of Texas.
Apr 20, 2017 5:18 PM
0 0
I wouldn't make too much out of it. Now more than ever these tentpoles are banking on global box office, in many cases accounting for over half of the films total gross. Not everything always translates into every culture, but you can always bank on the lowest common denominator. People get big dumb monsters and fast cars. So your gonna get movies like Skull Island when stuff like Jurassic World is smashing box office records.

Apr 20, 2017 8:48 PM
0 0
Yeah, but Skull Island >>>>>> Jurassic World
Apr 20, 2017 9:00 PM
0 0
Black PhilipSo fucking what. They're fun movies and the overseas take doesn't surprise me in the least. Fucking snob.

Hey, Philip. How ya doin' bruv? You ready for some wall-of-text analysis? A lot of themes we could cover here. The F&tF Franchise covers issues ranging from homosociality, tribalism, modern masculinity, car culture, jingoism, the fantastic, the ethics of CG actor replacement, consumerism as power, the automobile as feitsh/totem/icon, and this is just off the top of my head. Which rabbit hole would you like to drown in tonight??
Apr 20, 2017 11:20 PM
0 0
Janson JinnistanYeah, but Skull Island >>>>>> Jurassic World

I hope so. I shudder to think of what the American equivelant of Monkey King looks like.

Apr 20, 2017 11:38 PM
0 0
Black Philip
The YETI
Black PhilipSo fucking what. They're fun movies and the overseas take doesn't surprise me in the least. Fucking snob.

Hey, Philip. How ya doin' bruv? You ready for some wall-of-text analysis? A lot of themes we could cover here. The F&tF Franchise covers issues ranging from homosociality, tribalism, modern masculinity, car culture, jingoism, the fantastic, the ethics of CG actor replacement, consumerism as power, the automobile as feitsh/totem/icon, and this is just off the top of my head. Which rabbit hole would you like to drown in tonight??

Throw it down man. I knew there was something deeper to F&F besides buff dudes, hot chicks and cool cars.
And let's not get me started on CG actor replacement. That damn Rogue One and its Peter Cushing shit really made me want to throw my TV into a creek.
Besides I think we have room for both the F&F franchise and the Cannes 2017 festival on RT.

I won't rest until FF takes the Palme d'Or!
Apr 20, 2017 11:51 PM
0 0

Good fuckin' point
Apr 21, 2017 12:12 AM
0 0
Even from the first film if you know what you are going for the franchise does not disappoint and
often exceeds expectations.
Apr 21, 2017 1:39 AM
0 0

You don't have to be a snob to look down on a movie who's average viewer only reads Autotrader magazine. I mean the Transformer movies are pitiful shit too but being as they feature giant robots you can attribute a big chunk of their success to children who don't know any better. The F&F movies on the other hand are all on the adults. If all F&F fan houses burned down tonight there wouldn't be a velvet depiction of Elvis left hanging in a bathroom anywhere in America. Ford vs chevy bar room fist fights would taper off to zero as well. LOL!?
Apr 21, 2017 9:20 AM
0 0
Oooh so scary, people enjoying a big dumb action movie, surely nothing has ever been worse than this...

Apr 21, 2017 12:06 PM
0 0
These movies are truly an anomaly @ this point. This one is the first one w/o Paul Walker, so I could see fans being curious as to what they'd do without him.
Fast Five certainly rejuvenated the franchise with the heist angle, but now they've pretty much been making the same movie since then.
Apr 21, 2017 6:22 PM
0 0
88 Miles Per HourThese movies are truly an anomaly @ this point. This one is the first one w/o Paul Walker, so I could see fans being curious as to what they'd do without him.
Fast Five certainly rejuvenated the franchise with the heist angle, but now they've pretty much been making the same movie since then.

I guess there are only so many James Bond-level plots that involve a need for muscle car/super car derbies?

Put the next one in space. Dom and the crew race hot rodders of Globus VII to secure the freedom of our solar system. The Spaced and the Spurious.
Apr 21, 2017 6:45 PM
0 0
The YETI
88 Miles Per HourThese movies are truly an anomaly @ this point. This one is the first one w/o Paul Walker, so I could see fans being curious as to what they'd do without him.

I guess there are only so many James Bond-level plots that involve a need for muscle car/super car derbies?

Put the next one in space. Dom and the crew race hot rodders of Globus VII to secure the freedom of our solar system. The Spaced and the Spurious.

they can cross it over with GOTG and it'll make all the money.
Apr 21, 2017 7:54 PM
0 0