The Lost City of Z

Original Poster
New Gray is always cause for celebration, yes? Not sure what the consensus is for the guy around here, but this one seems like it demands the big screen. Plus apparently Hunnam rises above his wooden method. Anyone seen it yet? Catching it this weekend.
Apr 20, 2017 12:33 PM
0 0
I saw it at the Atlanta Film Festival a few weeks ago. It's very good, but not quite on the masterpiece level of Apocalypse Now or Aguirre, the Wrath of God as some reviews claim. Its depiction of the jungle, for one, falls way short when compared to those movies.
Apr 20, 2017 1:21 PM
0 0
One of my fav books, I'll be there. Trailer makes it look they're not trying to be some sensationalist popcorn flick. That gives me hope, alas it'll probably keep some mainstreamers away.
Meh. It was finally made & I'm good.
Apr 20, 2017 1:43 PM
0 0
Torn between my love for Gray and my nausea for Hunnam.....

Eh, not really, because the trailer is gorgeous and Fawcett is a long-time fascinating story and, really, what else is showing this weekend. Yes, I'll see it.
Apr 20, 2017 4:09 PM
0 0
Looking forward to it after reading Max' s review in the movie rating thread. Amazon is quickly becoming my preferred streaming service and this will be their first theatrically released production. I also love me some James Gray and the fact that they were able to coax a worthy performance out of Charlie Hunnam and Robert Pattinson is see it to believe it status.
Apr 20, 2017 11:53 PM
0 0
Ended up seeing this a couple days ago. As an introduction to James Gray's filmography (for me at least) I thought it worked very well. The cinematography is stunning, and I thought the actors all did solid work. Felt that it dragged a bit during the second third, though.
Apr 25, 2017 3:13 AM
0 0