Goodbye, Turkey.

theVictorian
BigwigI'll still take the long win for liberalism, because it's been doing the long win for centuries. It was never going to be a straight ascension without setbacks, and hasn't been.

Islamism is a big fucking problem, though. Religious people often throw their rights away for their belief's ascendancy, and with capital punishment for apostasy and so on, we've seen multiple liberalised Muslim countries slide into theocratic hellholes. Yes, Western foreign policy is to blame, but once they're in you can't seem to get them out.

There was Ba'athism, but we killed that movement ourselves with the last few wars when the Ba'ath strongmen got out of our control.

I was listening to an ex-Muslim religious refugee discuss the wave of craziness that's going to hit Islam as vast numbers of young people are exposed to the net and all the anti-religious material on there and the fundamentalists desperately crack down on heresy. I mean, this may be the beginning of reform, but reactionaries could win at a local level for a long time if recent history is anything to go by.

Hell, why not bring back anarchy and kill the hateful, I'd kick ass for the less fortunate. Hell if that didn't sound like a line out of a classic Peter Jackson film I'd put it in my work.
Apr 20, 2017 10:56 AM
0 0
Abbie Anaya
theVictorian
BigwigI'll still take the long win for liberalism, because it's been doing the long win for centuries. It was never going to be a straight ascension without setbacks, and hasn't been.

Islamism is a big fucking problem, though. Religious people often throw their rights away for their belief's ascendancy, and with capital punishment for apostasy and so on, we've seen multiple liberalised Muslim countries slide into theocratic hellholes. Yes, Western foreign policy is to blame, but once they're in you can't seem to get them out.

There was Ba'athism, but we killed that movement ourselves with the last few wars when the Ba'ath strongmen got out of our control.

I was listening to an ex-Muslim religious refugee discuss the wave of craziness that's going to hit Islam as vast numbers of young people are exposed to the net and all the anti-religious material on there and the fundamentalists desperately crack down on heresy. I mean, this may be the beginning of reform, but reactionaries could win at a local level for a long time if recent history is anything to go by.

Hell, why not bring back anarchy and kill the hateful, I'd kick ass for the less fortunate. Hell if that didn't sound like a line out of a classic Peter Jackson film I'd put it in my work.

Dead Alive isn't "classic" anything to anyone but degenerates.
Apr 20, 2017 12:26 PM
0 0
Rooby RooDead Alive isn't "classic" anything to anyone but degenerates.

Take a piss, Uncle Les.
Apr 20, 2017 6:33 PM
0 0
Rooby Roo
Abbie Anaya
theVictorian

Dead Alive isn't "classic" anything to anyone but degenerates.

Degenerates is such an amateur word.
Apr 20, 2017 11:41 PM
0 0
Abbie Anaya
undefinedDegenerates is such an amateur word.

It's an appropriate synonym for 'ignorant wastes of space'.

Come to think of it, where's Looka been lately?
Apr 21, 2017 12:05 AM
0 0
Being a woman in America and worse yet a trans woman in America I think I can feel free to say, fuck it, I am going to get wasted everyday for the next few short whiles before dying at thirty.
Apr 21, 2017 2:56 AM
0 0