Star Wars: The Last Jedi teaser trailer

Just to lay the Boba Fett motivation on thicker, he might still feel some responsibility for Solo's bounty, hold a bit of a grudge/rivalry with him and probably feels instinctive about killing Jedi considering that his father was beheaded by one.
Apr 17, 2017 7:36 PM
0 0
Just to lay the Boba Fett motivation on thicker, he might still feel some responsibility for Solo's bounty, hold a bit of a grudge/rivalry with him and probably feels instinctive about killing Jedi considering that his father was beheaded by one.
Apr 17, 2017 7:37 PM
0 0
Harrison Ford was headlined in an article saying there was one scene he would change in Force Awakens. And thought he was right.?
He said he would make sure Leia and Luke were there to watch him die rather than the two new characters.
Apr 17, 2017 9:33 PM
0 0
Robin McDonaldHarrison Ford was headlined in an article saying there was one scene he would change in Force Awakens. And thought he was right.?
He said he would make sure Leia and Luke were there to watch him die rather than the two new characters.

This is why actors don't write scripts or stories.
Apr 18, 2017 1:20 AM
0 0
John TobiasI'm sure it will be like ESB in tone though I read somewhere that the director says it will be lighter than ESB somewhat. FTR I say Luke is going to use both sides of the force...and in effect "end" the jedi.?

I tend to think the same thing. I think the balance is going to be in the "new Jedi" using both. Really, only intent would define good and evil, not a particular force use. I saw the poster for the film, and it shows Rey on a red backdrop, she is holding a blue lightsaber that becomes red toward the tip. Adialectic balance by synthesis of thesis-antithesis. I liked the final shot in the trailer, of dark and light with Luke in the middle; it evokes to me the Platonic allegory of the cave (I wonder if this shot is perhaps Luke watching Rey descend into a cave ala the ESB Dagobah scene?) and Luke narrates "so much bigger than that" which coincides with the Platonic idea of the journey beyond the cave.
Apr 19, 2017 12:34 PM
0 0
Luke looks like a hobbit!!!!
Apr 19, 2017 3:48 PM
0 0
Johnny Hyperspace
John TobiasI'm sure it will be like ESB in tone though I read somewhere that the director says it will be lighter than ESB somewhat. FTR I say Luke is going to use both sides of the force...and in effect "end" the jedi.?

I tend to think the same thing. I think the balance is going to be in the "new Jedi" using both. Really, only intent would define good and evil, not a particular force use. I saw the poster for the film, and it shows Rey on a red backdrop, she is holding a blue lightsaber that becomes red toward the tip. Adialectic balance by synthesis of thesis-antithesis. I liked the final shot in the trailer, of dark and light with Luke in the middle; it evokes to me the Platonic allegory of the cave (I wonder if this shot is perhaps Luke watching Rey descend into a cave ala the ESB Dagobah scene?) and Luke narrates "so much bigger than that" which coincides with the Platonic idea of the journey beyond the cave.

Yeah, it sounds like Luke is wising up to how dangerous and counterproductive dogmatic principles can be. I think it's a wise direction. How many times do we need to see the same cycle of Jedi vs. Sith? I'm holding out hope that Kylo Ren is "the last Jedi". If Luke abandons the Jedi philosophy and trains Rey without it, then Kylo becomes the last authentic Jedi.
Apr 19, 2017 10:33 PM
0 0
D Ray
Robin McDonaldHarrison Ford was headlined in an article saying there was one scene he would change in Force Awakens. And thought he was right.?

But he came up with "I know" for Empire, and he had the foresight of accidentally contracting explosive diarrhea during the swordman scene in Raiders. That's range, people.

It'll be interesting to know Luke's reaction of Han's death, from lightyears away. Also, is he going to be visited by Spirit Yoda/Ben/Anakin, only to pull a Zahn with them saying "yeah, well there's that whole Force cohesion thing and all, so y'know, PEACE NYUKKUH!!", leaving him with his "one truth"?
Apr 20, 2017 3:59 PM
0 0
Rated NCC-1701
D Ray

But he came up with "I know" for Empire, and he had the foresight of accidentally contracting explosive diarrhea during the swordman scene in Raiders. ?That's range, people.

It'll be interesting to know Luke's reaction of Han's death, from lightyears away. Also, is he going to be visited by Spirit Yoda/Ben/Anakin, only to pull a Zahn with them saying "yeah, well there's that whole Force cohesion thing and all, so y'know, PEACE NYUKKUH!!", leaving him with his "one truth"?

Yeah, well, you got me on the Empire and Raiders things, that's for sure. Takes a great talent to come up with that sort of spur of the moment inspiration. ;)

Luke was on that precipice ready to throw himself off it when Rey showed up and interrupted. That's why he looked so angry. And confused. And disappointed. All at once. Now THAT is range!

No, I don't think the spirit gang is going to show up (geez, please no...).
Apr 21, 2017 2:16 AM
0 0
D Ray
Rated NCC-1701
D Ray

But he came up with "I know" for Empire, and he had the foresight of accidentally contracting explosive diarrhea during the swordman scene in Raiders. ?That's range, people.

Yeah, well, you got me on the Empire and Raiders things, that's for sure. Takes a great talent to come up with that sort of spur of the moment inspiration. ;)

Luke was on that precipice ready to throw himself off it when Rey showed up and interrupted. That's why he looked so angry. And confused. And disappointed. All at once. Now THAT is range!

Aw c'mon, you know you want to see those three bicker at each other for 30 years, prompting Luke to suicide, only to realize that he'd still have to hear them in the afterlife.
Apr 22, 2017 11:33 AM
0 0
Rated NCC-1701
D Ray
Rated NCC-1701
D Ray

Aw c'mon, you know you want to see those three bicker at each other for 30 years, prompting Luke to suicide, only to realize that he'd still have to hear them in the afterlife.

Story synopsis for Star Wars X.
Apr 22, 2017 12:32 PM
0 0
D Ray
Rated NCC-1701
D Ray
Rated NCC-1701
D Ray

Story synopsis for Star Wars X.

Only if Chewie reads from a phone book.
Apr 22, 2017 12:33 PM
0 0
Apr 22, 2017 12:45 PM
0 0
Rumpled 4 Skin

:up:
:fresh:
Apr 22, 2017 12:47 PM
0 0
Apr 28, 2017 9:12 PM
0 0
Apr 29, 2017 6:29 PM
0 0
Jul 15, 2017 7:42 PM
0 0
RNR
A Plague of YARNs
Rated NCC-1701
If balance is Luke's solution, didn't Ben tell him that the galaxy was at peace for 1000 years within Jedi aegis? That ain't shabby for an area of space that Star Trek has yet to explore (mic drop).

Or rather that was a "forced" imbalance which called forth a violent counter-correction. Balance of the force is not necessarily the same thing as peace for sentient creatures. Balance of the use of water resources only means that the resource is balanced, not that humans are necessarily at peace.

And what kind of peace are we talking about?

Jedi Colonialism? A forced peace that resulted from the constant application of magical powers to keep the interests of the ruling elite of the senate in power. Kind of like the relationship between the U.S. and the U.N., except that the Jedi are "fixers" who are sent out when people get out of line. Trade negotiations heating up? Two space wizards with lasers swords and the ability to mind fuck you or telepathically choke you out will be right there to "negotiate." Obi Wan and Qui Gon are more like Jules and Vincent than Picard and Troi.

Anakin: When I got to them, we got into aggressive negotiations.
Padme: Aggressive negotiations? What's that?
Anakin: Ah, well, negotiations with a lightsaber.

What? Did a transphenotype female just get her arm fucking cut off in front of you at your local sports bar?

Anakin: Jedi business. Go back to your drinks.

Is this the peaceful Galaxy that has the rot of criminal networks (the Hutts) and slavery (Shmi). Is this the same Republic that simply accepts a clone army they didn't order the way a frat would accept a pizza they didn't order?

Ben told him a lot of shit which is only true "from a certain point of view."

NOTE: Star Trek only explores one Galaxy, our own. Star Wars is from a long time a ago in a far away galaxy. Of course are they yet to explore that space. Pick that comm badge off the floor now, ensign.

This I care about. The Han Solo prequel I DO NOT.
Aug 6, 2017 5:13 PM
0 0
A Plague of YARNs
Rated NCC-1701
If balance is Luke's solution, didn't Ben tell him that the galaxy was at peace for 1000 years within Jedi aegis? That ain't shabby for an area of space that Star Trek has yet to explore (mic drop).

Or rather that was a "forced" imbalance which called forth a violent counter-correction. Balance of the force is not necessarily the same thing as peace for sentient creatures. Balance of the use of water resources only means that the resource is balanced, not that humans are necessarily at peace.

And what kind of peace are we talking about?

Jedi Colonialism? A forced peace that resulted from the constant application of magical powers to keep the interests of the ruling elite of the senate in power. Kind of like the relationship between the U.S. and the U.N., except that the Jedi are "fixers" who are sent out when people get out of line. Trade negotiations heating up? Two space wizards with lasers swords and the ability to mind fuck you or telepathically choke you out will be right there to "negotiate." Obi Wan and Qui Gon are more like Jules and Vincent than Picard and Troi.

Anakin: When I got to them, we got into aggressive negotiations.
Padme: Aggressive negotiations? What's that?
Anakin: Ah, well, negotiations with a lightsaber.

What? Did a transphenotype female just get her arm fucking cut off in front of you at your local sports bar?

Anakin: Jedi business. Go back to your drinks.

Is this the peaceful Galaxy that has the rot of criminal networks (the Hutts) and slavery (Shmi). Is this the same Republic that simply accepts a clone army they didn't order the way a frat would accept a pizza they didn't order?

Ben told him a lot of shit which is only true "from a certain point of view."

NOTE: Star Trek only explores one Galaxy, our own. Star Wars is from a long time a ago in a far away galaxy. Of course are they yet to explore that space. Pick that comm badge off the floor now, ensign.

Yoda: You are reckless.
Obi-Wan: So was I, if you remember.

Mace: We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers.

Once again, you are literal as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....

NOTE: Two generations later, and very little of Trek's galaxy has been explored. Meanwhile, Disney already nulled and voided invaders from another galaxy farther away. Now stick my comlink up yer shaft, padawan.
Aug 7, 2017 12:19 AM
0 0