Star Wars: The Last Jedi teaser trailer

D.H.
Death Proof
D.H.Pardon me if someone else has already stated this but The YETI is Red.

It's just Yarn. Not quite as annoying and no where near as angry as Red.

Crap, you're right. I thought I was on to something. My bad.

Overconfidence.
Apr 16, 2017 5:28 AM
0 0
Death Proof

But just as literal.
Apr 17, 2017 5:21 PM
0 0
Return of the Jedi question: I understand Boba Fett hanging out at the palace banging chicks, but when the fighting starts why does he help? He's a goddamn bounty hunter and should have been like 'f this, i'm out' and made a discrete egress.
Apr 17, 2017 5:39 PM
0 0
IllyriaReturn of the Jedi question: I understand Boba Fett hanging out at the palace banging chicks, but when the fighting starts why does he help? He's a goddamn bounty hunter and should have been like 'f this, i'm out' and made a discrete egress.

Probably figured it was good for business to try and help the most prolific gang lord in the Outer Rim.
Apr 17, 2017 5:44 PM
0 0
Rated NCC-1701
Death Proof

But just as literal.

Surely, you're being figurative here?
Apr 17, 2017 5:44 PM
0 0
IllyriaReturn of the Jedi question: I understand Boba Fett hanging out at the palace banging chicks, but when the fighting starts why does he help? He's a goddamn bounty hunter and should have been like 'f this, i'm out' and made a discrete egress.

Might've had him on retainer (i.e., a hired gun).

He's probably been in his fair share of scrapes, so he shouldn't be afraid of a fight.

We don't now how far in the desert they are or how far his rocket pack goes.

If he runs away that the attack is quelled, then he looks like a punk and might even have a price on his own head.

What I don't get is that people who won't eat a banana with a brown spot will still dive right into the center of the Sarlac pit.
Apr 17, 2017 5:51 PM
0 0
Just to lay the Boba Fett motivation on thicker, he might still feel some responsibility for Solo's bounty, hold a bit of a grudge/rivalry with him and probably feels instinctive about killing Jedi considering that his father was beheaded by one.
Apr 17, 2017 7:36 PM
0 0
Just to lay the Boba Fett motivation on thicker, he might still feel some responsibility for Solo's bounty, hold a bit of a grudge/rivalry with him and probably feels instinctive about killing Jedi considering that his father was beheaded by one.
Apr 17, 2017 7:36 PM
0 0
Apr 17, 2017 7:37 PM
0 0
Harrison Ford was headlined in an article saying there was one scene he would change in Force Awakens. And thought he was right.?
He said he would make sure Leia and Luke were there to watch him die rather than the two new characters.
Apr 17, 2017 9:33 PM
0 0
Robin McDonaldHarrison Ford was headlined in an article saying there was one scene he would change in Force Awakens. And thought he was right.?
He said he would make sure Leia and Luke were there to watch him die rather than the two new characters.

This is why actors don't write scripts or stories.
Apr 18, 2017 1:20 AM
0 0
John TobiasI'm sure it will be like ESB in tone though I read somewhere that the director says it will be lighter than ESB somewhat. FTR I say Luke is going to use both sides of the force...and in effect "end" the jedi.?

I tend to think the same thing. I think the balance is going to be in the "new Jedi" using both. Really, only intent would define good and evil, not a particular force use. I saw the poster for the film, and it shows Rey on a red backdrop, she is holding a blue lightsaber that becomes red toward the tip. Adialectic balance by synthesis of thesis-antithesis. I liked the final shot in the trailer, of dark and light with Luke in the middle; it evokes to me the Platonic allegory of the cave (I wonder if this shot is perhaps Luke watching Rey descend into a cave ala the ESB Dagobah scene?) and Luke narrates "so much bigger than that" which coincides with the Platonic idea of the journey beyond the cave.
Apr 19, 2017 12:34 PM
0 0
Luke looks like a hobbit!!!!
Apr 19, 2017 3:48 PM
0 0
Johnny Hyperspace
John TobiasI'm sure it will be like ESB in tone though I read somewhere that the director says it will be lighter than ESB somewhat. FTR I say Luke is going to use both sides of the force...and in effect "end" the jedi.?

I tend to think the same thing. I think the balance is going to be in the "new Jedi" using both. Really, only intent would define good and evil, not a particular force use. I saw the poster for the film, and it shows Rey on a red backdrop, she is holding a blue lightsaber that becomes red toward the tip. Adialectic balance by synthesis of thesis-antithesis. I liked the final shot in the trailer, of dark and light with Luke in the middle; it evokes to me the Platonic allegory of the cave (I wonder if this shot is perhaps Luke watching Rey descend into a cave ala the ESB Dagobah scene?) and Luke narrates "so much bigger than that" which coincides with the Platonic idea of the journey beyond the cave.

Yeah, it sounds like Luke is wising up to how dangerous and counterproductive dogmatic principles can be. I think it's a wise direction. How many times do we need to see the same cycle of Jedi vs. Sith? I'm holding out hope that Kylo Ren is "the last Jedi". If Luke abandons the Jedi philosophy and trains Rey without it, then Kylo becomes the last authentic Jedi.
Apr 19, 2017 10:33 PM
0 0
D Ray
Robin McDonaldHarrison Ford was headlined in an article saying there was one scene he would change in Force Awakens. And thought he was right.?

But he came up with "I know" for Empire, and he had the foresight of accidentally contracting explosive diarrhea during the swordman scene in Raiders. That's range, people.

It'll be interesting to know Luke's reaction of Han's death, from lightyears away. Also, is he going to be visited by Spirit Yoda/Ben/Anakin, only to pull a Zahn with them saying "yeah, well there's that whole Force cohesion thing and all, so y'know, PEACE NYUKKUH!!", leaving him with his "one truth"?
Apr 20, 2017 3:59 PM
0 0
Rated NCC-1701
D Ray

But he came up with "I know" for Empire, and he had the foresight of accidentally contracting explosive diarrhea during the swordman scene in Raiders. ?That's range, people.

It'll be interesting to know Luke's reaction of Han's death, from lightyears away. Also, is he going to be visited by Spirit Yoda/Ben/Anakin, only to pull a Zahn with them saying "yeah, well there's that whole Force cohesion thing and all, so y'know, PEACE NYUKKUH!!", leaving him with his "one truth"?

Yeah, well, you got me on the Empire and Raiders things, that's for sure. Takes a great talent to come up with that sort of spur of the moment inspiration. ;)

Luke was on that precipice ready to throw himself off it when Rey showed up and interrupted. That's why he looked so angry. And confused. And disappointed. All at once. Now THAT is range!

No, I don't think the spirit gang is going to show up (geez, please no...).
Apr 21, 2017 2:16 AM
0 0
D Ray
Rated NCC-1701
D Ray

But he came up with "I know" for Empire, and he had the foresight of accidentally contracting explosive diarrhea during the swordman scene in Raiders. ?That's range, people.

Yeah, well, you got me on the Empire and Raiders things, that's for sure. Takes a great talent to come up with that sort of spur of the moment inspiration. ;)

Luke was on that precipice ready to throw himself off it when Rey showed up and interrupted. That's why he looked so angry. And confused. And disappointed. All at once. Now THAT is range!

Aw c'mon, you know you want to see those three bicker at each other for 30 years, prompting Luke to suicide, only to realize that he'd still have to hear them in the afterlife.
Apr 22, 2017 11:33 AM
0 0
Rated NCC-1701
D Ray
Rated NCC-1701
D Ray

Aw c'mon, you know you want to see those three bicker at each other for 30 years, prompting Luke to suicide, only to realize that he'd still have to hear them in the afterlife.

Story synopsis for Star Wars X.
Apr 22, 2017 12:32 PM
0 0
D Ray
Rated NCC-1701
D Ray
Rated NCC-1701
D Ray

Story synopsis for Star Wars X.

Only if Chewie reads from a phone book.
Apr 22, 2017 12:33 PM
0 0
Apr 22, 2017 12:45 PM
0 0