Star Wars: The Last Jedi teaser trailer

Original Poster
Apr 14, 2017 3:58 PM
0 0
Weird. A simulcast with Celebration's realtime playthrough. The synergy is strong with Disney.
Apr 14, 2017 4:06 PM
0 0
I know its only a teaser but they couldn't show just one shot of Luke throwing down...JUST ONE.
Apr 14, 2017 4:25 PM
0 0

Oh, yes, please.

This one's going to be dark. This could be the next Empire Strikes Back.

Apr 14, 2017 4:49 PM
0 0
I mean, for 2 minutes it's pretty sparse. But it's still obviously quite cool and beautiful to behold. Looking forward to Teaser #2 in another 60+ days. :|
Apr 14, 2017 4:56 PM
0 0
I'm sure it will be like ESB in tone though I read somewhere that the director says it will be lighter than ESB somewhat. FTR I say Luke is going to use both sides of the force...and in effect "end" the jedi.?
Apr 14, 2017 5:00 PM
0 0
Death Proof

This could be the next Empire Strikes Back.

But honestly, that's kinda what certain "fans" don't want. Lichurly.
Apr 14, 2017 5:08 PM
0 0
I am sufficiently teased.
Apr 14, 2017 5:08 PM
0 0
I appreciate the vast visual improvement over the prequels. Having directors with actual vision instead of flat, camera 1, camera 2, George Lucas style directing is so much nicer. That said, I hope Disney doesn't continue the paint-by-numbers style of storytelling. They've already recouped their investment, lets branch out into some good storytelling. I worry though that Red Letter Media was correct when they said "what do you do with Star Wars?" It's laser swords and ships against space nazis. There's not a lot to go on.
Apr 14, 2017 5:23 PM
0 0
Illyria
I worry though that Red Letter Media was correct when they said "what do you do with Star Wars?" It's laser swords and ships against space nazis. There's not a lot to go on.

If there's one thing I've realized it's that the Star Wars universe works far better in a video game than it ever did on celluloid. I don't give a shit about another movie, I just want another KOTOR game
Apr 14, 2017 5:44 PM
0 0
Marrying the direction of the first quite well, it looks like TFA as it should for a trilogy of sorts.

I'm not sure about ESB comparisons, unless Luke goes super dark side on us.
Apr 14, 2017 6:11 PM
0 0
Can't wait!!!!!
Apr 14, 2017 6:26 PM
0 0
Looks like Luke is ready to end this bullshit.

I'd like to know what Finn's role in all of this is, he's such a wildcard. The Force Awakens leans too much on mystery, causing The Last Jedi to dictate its quality. That's a lot of responsibility when you think about it.
Apr 14, 2017 6:39 PM
0 0
I like the idea that there is no longer a light/dark side - there is only The Force err something.
Apr 14, 2017 7:23 PM
0 0
neumdaddyI mean, for 2 minutes it's pretty sparse. But it's still obviously quite cool and beautiful to behold. Looking forward to Teaser #2 in another 60+ days. :|

No way we'll get another one on May 4. ;)

As for this teaser, sure looks good. Lots of close ups of things that I don't know what they are.
Apr 14, 2017 8:01 PM
0 0
MKS
Classy and seems to promise what I expected from a Rian Johnson Star Wars flick. It didn't have the goal to get me torqued like Thor Ragnarok but it accomplished its different goal well enough.
Apr 14, 2017 8:17 PM
0 0
Well hopefully it won't be as bland as the first two Disney offerings. If anything The Force Awakens and Rogue One proved you can make a Star Wars movie look like a Star Wars movie but end up losing heart and soul for the almighty dollar.
Apr 14, 2017 8:24 PM
0 0
88 Miles Per HourI like the idea that there is no longer a light/dark side - there is only The Force err something.

Well, that was Palpatine's position. He took a "wider" view of the force than the Jedi (exploring both). It would be odd if Luke were to simply embrace this point of view.

I prefer to think that Luke is seeking to balance the force by eliminating the asymmetries introduced by strong force users. That is, balance to the force means no more force bad-asses (good or bad) and no more institutions (good or bad) for the cultivation of powerful force users.

The Star Wars mythos is that of a dualism between good and evil. A lot of powerful Jedi = imbalance to the force and a Newtonian equal and opposite reaction of negative energy (the inevitable return of the Sith). Nolan's Batman films suggest a similar pattern with the emergence of the Batman creating a counterbalancing response of flamboyant villains. Power of either leads to imbalance, an inevitable vacuum filled by opposing energy, and chaos for universe as these forces clash. Anakin brought balance to the force both by killing off the Jedi, but also by betraying the Emperor.? ?

Chaos results from the pendulum swinging far and wide with more accomplished institutions of Jedi or Sith. Peace results extinguishing both and allowing the pendulum to come to a rest.

?
Apr 14, 2017 9:48 PM
0 0
The YETI
88 Miles Per HourI like the idea that there is no longer a light/dark side - there is only The Force err something.

Well, that was Palpatine's position. He took a "wider" view of the force than the Jedi (exploring both). It would be odd if Luke were to simply embrace this point of view.

I prefer to think that Luke is seeking to balance the force by eliminating the asymmetries introduced by strong force users. That is, balance to the force means no more force bad-asses (good or bad) and no more institutions (good or bad) for the cultivation of powerful force users.

The Star Wars mythos is that of a dualism between good and evil. A lot of powerful Jedi = imbalance to the force and a Newtonian equal and opposite reaction of negative energy (the inevitable return of the Sith). Nolan's Batman films suggest a similar pattern with the emergence of the Batman creating a counterbalancing response of flamboyant villains. Power of either leads to imbalance, an inevitable vacuum filled by opposing energy, and chaos for universe as these forces clash. Anakin brought balance to the force both by killing off the Jedi, but also by betraying the Emperor.? ?

Chaos results from the pendulum swinging far and wide with more accomplished institutions of Jedi or Sith. Peace results extinguishing both and allowing the pendulum to come to a rest.

?

Damn. Guess I won't be seeing it then.
Apr 14, 2017 11:38 PM
0 0
The YETI

?

That all sounds fantastic and stuff but what about the philosophical implications?
Apr 15, 2017 12:16 AM
0 0