Our favorite CRIMINAL lawyer is back! Better Call Saul S3 Thread

Original Poster
Solid premiere especially the cold open and all the Mike stuff.
Apr 11, 2017 3:15 AM
0 0
Holy fuck, it's already here! You just made my night, Deschain.
Apr 11, 2017 3:19 AM
0 0
Obi SpenobiHoly fuck, it's already here! You just made my night, Deschain.

Apr 11, 2017 3:40 AM
0 0
I was going to go looking for last years thread to bump it but my laziness is apparently limitless. Picked up where it left off more or less. It took me a bit to figure out what Mike was doing with the transmitters. But I guess he let the battery run down and send a replacement signal. Then he switched it out with the one he programmed.

And did anyone else check out the end credits preview? It looks like they'll be introducing Gustavo Fring next week.
Apr 11, 2017 10:50 PM
0 0
D.H.And did anyone else check out the end credits preview? It looks like they'll be introducing Gustavo Fring next week. ?

I didn't see the preview, but that's all I could assume from the ending of the episode. We all know who that tracker is going to lead him to, and it's no secret that Gus is back, so they might as well get to the chase on that one. Gus is going to be impressed as hell that Mike could find him. Mike's story almost makes for a better prequel than Saul's.

Mike's story is so tragic compared to Saul or Walt. He genuinely does what he does for his family, and now it looks like teaming up with Gus was his way of protecting his family from Salamanca. Such a great character who leaves no rock unturned, yet he eventually dies at the hands of an egomaniacal crybaby having a hissyfit.
Apr 11, 2017 11:02 PM
0 0
Dammit... i thought you mean't Daredevil S3
Apr 12, 2017 12:35 AM
0 0
Rumpled 4 SkinDammit... i thought you mean't Daredevil S3

We did get a new Punisher poster if it's any consolation.

Apr 12, 2017 3:16 AM
0 0
Stu
Won't be able to watch the current season for a while since I just recently restarted on season 1 after being on hiatus from watching TV in general, but I am into that season so far. It's not as good as Breaking Bad yet, since it's definitely more lowkey than it, but it's still a very worthwhile show so far nonetheless.?
Apr 14, 2017 5:43 AM
0 0
Tonight's episode was DAMN good: the crooked M, the restaurant scene, everything with Chuck.
Apr 18, 2017 5:31 AM
0 0
That was a good episode. Significant forward progress made. And the little touches as well. "A little crooked". Mike and Jimmy's exchanges are undoubtedly the best part of the show. But I can't see Howard going all in on whatever Chuck has planned. He's too leery of HHM's name and reputation being dragged through the mud. The way I can see it playing out is Chuck going full on Ahab and ultimately being abandoned by the firm he founded. He either forces Jimmy to change his name and start his career as Saul Goodman or he actually croaks as a result and in a fit of guilt Jimmy changes his name to sort of exculpate Kim. Or Kim dies too.
Apr 18, 2017 3:59 PM
0 0
Two solid episodes to my mind. I feel that for me, the slow-build scene leading to Jimmy tearing the tape from the "a little crooked" logo on the wall will mark the beginning of Jimmy's transformation into Saul Goodman.
Apr 19, 2017 12:43 PM
0 0
Francesca's "this one really doesn't wanna talk about Cracker Barrel" line is one of the funniest from either show.

I feel like a lot of articles and people online assume that Gus and Jimmy are going to eventually meet, but I doubt the two ever will. Saul claims in Breaking Bad that he only "knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy," which I assume is just Mike. I can't see Gus using a slimey, two-bit lawyer like "Saul", let alone needing him. I mean, look how hard Mike has to work just to get a lead on the guy.
Apr 21, 2017 6:07 AM
0 0
'Twas a great episode.

Man, this show is pretty much the ultimate justification for the concept of a spinoff. It does everything a good spinoff should do. It is its own beast, wholly and utterly, yet it remains firmly and believably connected to the parent show. It doesn't do sensational crossovers-for-the-sake-of-crossovers (as much as I admittedly still love those), but instead uses them organically and tactically, yet never too sparingly. They handle this aspect so well, in fact, that it's VERY easy to miss that BCS has already had better crossovers in its first three seasons than many of the box-ticking, corporately inclined, "Hey look, it's Sophia Petrillo!"-type spinoffs ever will in their lifetimes. I hope this show lasts for another three seasons or so.
Apr 21, 2017 12:17 PM
0 0
Obi SpenobiFrancesca's "this one really doesn't wanna talk about Cracker Barrel" line is one of the funniest from either show.

I feel like a lot of articles and people online assume that Gus and Jimmy are going to eventually meet, but I doubt the two ever will. Saul claims in Breaking Bad that he only "knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy," which I assume is just Mike. I can't see Gus using a slimey, two-bit lawyer like "Saul", let alone needing him. I mean, look how hard Mike has to work just to get a lead on the guy.

They did meet. ;)
Apr 21, 2017 4:03 PM
0 0
Deschain
Obi SpenobiFrancesca's "this one really doesn't wanna talk about Cracker Barrel" line is one of the funniest from either show.

They did meet. ;)

Jimmy met the kind owner of a chicken restaurant, but I don't remember him meeting Gus. :p

How do you make the stupid smiley faces work?

EDIT: Hey, I got it!
Apr 21, 2017 10:52 PM
0 0
Oh Mike you crafty son of a bitch.
Apr 25, 2017 3:12 AM
0 0
I'm really liking the overall vibe of the show. I think it's better at capturing the desert/Albuquerque setting than BB was. But then it's slower pace allows them to set the tempo and mood.
Apr 25, 2017 3:20 PM
0 0
Jimmy's "goodbye" to Chuck was savage. I loved it.
Apr 26, 2017 2:43 AM
0 0
If I was smarter I'd be able to figure out what Jimmy and Kim are up to. I know they're going to try and impugn Chuck's veracity by questioning his mental competence. They've more or less stated this. And I know Mike's pictures and the mystery address will be part of it. I just don't know how they're going to do it. Damn, this is getting good.
May 2, 2017 5:14 AM
0 0
D.H.If I was smarter I'd be able to figure out what Jimmy and Kim are up to. I know they're going to try and impugn Chuck's veracity by questioning his mental competence. They've more or less stated this. And I know Mike's pictures and the mystery address will be part of it. I just don't know how they're going to do it. Damn, this is getting good.

I was thinking they were gonna be more blunt and just burn down Chuck's house to destroy the second tape and blame it on the lanterns and newspapers.
May 2, 2017 5:28 AM
0 0