Tillerson just announced that the US's new role in Syria is "regime change"

theVictorianName me a rebel faction in Syria, barring Kurdish separatists who are mostly interested in self rule, that is someone the West should back.

Frankly, I don't have to. It's not my point to vouch for any rebel group. My point is that you are in error to say "no-one is writing teary-eyed 'think of the kids' pieces about the verifiable actions of the thugs we're half-heartedly supporting". First of all, there is currently less verification for the responsibility of the attack than in Assad's sarin attack. Checking the most recent coverage, it seems that al-Nusra is the leading candidate, but no one has claimed responsibility. There's no indication, as yet, that al-Nusra was one of the rebel groups who had negotiated the citizen evacuation with Assad. It's a strange sense of verification for an act that no one is willing to verify their involvement in.

The "mainstream media is silent" is erroneous to a degree. Now maybe on cable news or Brian Williams' show or wherever, this weekend's bombing has not been getting anywhere near the coverage that it deserves, and certainly Trump is already being called out for his administration's silence on it. If you want to criticize the lack of coverage generally, either here or with the frequent lack of interest in the many car bomb explosions in the Middle East, that's completely valid. To say that this is directly due to some conspiracy to protect rebel groups from bad Western press is a little kooky.
Apr 18, 2017 10:09 PM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
theVictorianName me a rebel faction in Syria, barring Kurdish separatists who are mostly interested in self rule, that is someone the West should back.

Frankly, I don't have to. ?It's not my point to vouch for any rebel group. ?My point is that you are in error to say "no-one is writing teary-eyed 'think of the kids' pieces about the verifiable actions of the thugs we're half-heartedly supporting". ?First of all, there is currently less verification for the responsibility of the attack than in Assad's sarin attack. ?Checking the most recent coverage, it seems that al-Nusra is the leading candidate, but no one has claimed responsibility. ?There's no indication, as yet, that al-Nusra was one of the rebel groups who had negotiated the citizen evacuation with Assad. ?It's a strange sense of verification for an act that no one is willing to verify their involvement in.

The "mainstream media is silent" is erroneous to a degree. ?Now maybe on cable news or Brian Williams' show or wherever, this weekend's bombing has not been getting anywhere near the coverage that it deserves, and certainly Trump is already being called out for his administration's silence on it. ?If you want to criticize the lack of coverage generally, either here or with the frequent lack of interest in the many car bomb explosions in the Middle East, that's completely valid. ?To say that this is directly due to some conspiracy to protect rebel groups from bad Western press is a little kooky.

Of course we have no history of a lapdog press cheerleading regime change over the last two decades.
Apr 18, 2017 11:30 PM
0 0
theVictorianOf course we have no history of a lapdog press cheerleading regime change over the last two decades.

Again, not the point. There is no current verification of which rebel group, if any, was responsible for the attack, so it's a little premature to act like the media is covering-up out of some half-hearted help to a group that we cannot identify.

The media is lazy, yes. The media follows Trump like a puppy, yes. The media will focus on what trump talks about, absolutely. But the real story seems to be why Trump is silent on the attack at this point.
Apr 19, 2017 1:33 AM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
theVictorianOf course we have no history of a lapdog press cheerleading regime change over the last two decades.

Again, not the point. ?There is no current verification of which rebel group, if any, was responsible for the attack, so it's a little premature to act like the media is covering-up out of some half-hearted help to a group that we cannot identify.

The media is lazy, yes. ?The media follows Trump like a puppy, yes. ?The media will focus on what trump talks about, absolutely. ?But the real story seems to be why Trump is silent on the attack at this point.

He probably hasn't read about it.
Apr 19, 2017 1:47 AM
0 0
wirthlingThe Syrian civilians will be cheering us in the streets shortly before we accidentally bomb them.

Can't get the link to work right
Apr 21, 2017 7:07 AM
0 0
A US Super Hornet has shot down a Syrian regime Su-22. Not exactly sporting.

Jun 18, 2017 9:07 PM
0 0
theVictorianHe probably hasn't read about it.

"read"
Jun 18, 2017 9:19 PM
0 0