Terence Trent D'Arby should have had a career.

So basically, what you're saying is, 'light-skinned black' is a musical genre?
Mar 17, 2017 5:50 PM
0 0
I was once on Chris Evans' BBC Radio One show as a guest in the late 1990's and in the bits between songs he told me a story about Terence Trent D'Arby. He told me that when he presented Channel 4's Big Breakfast that Paula Yates, who was part of the show and married to Sir Bob Geldof at the time, shagged D'Arby on the bed she was interviewing him on just before she was live on air. I appreciate you have to be British to get any of this. That's my take on Terence Trent D'Arby and my contribution to Moses' thread.

Mar 17, 2017 8:49 PM
0 0
I think Moses rates music acts by how good looking they are.
Mar 17, 2017 10:41 PM
0 0
I shouldn't talk though because I think N'Sync had some pretty good songs.
Mar 17, 2017 10:42 PM
0 0
If I were to make a comparison with D'Arby, it would be with Lenny Kravitz (not because of their skin tone but because of their similar psychedelic rock aspirations). I've always found D'Arby as the more interesting artist of the two, more ambitious and original, but D'Arby was terrible at crafting pop singles (Kravitz's specialty), so despite making better albums, he was commercially defunct by the mid-90s. Shame, because, having seen him live, he was a hell of a performer.

Also, "Wishing Well" is hardly a highlight of his debut. "Sign Your Name" was the shit.
Mar 18, 2017 3:06 AM
0 0
I listened to some of D'Arby's music today, it's alright. I prefer Kravitz immensely, partly because as a kid I loved that song "Fly Away".
Mar 18, 2017 3:13 AM
0 0
Just to be clear, D'Arby never wrote a song as great as "It Ain't Over Till It's Over".

But he probably could have sang circles around Lenny had he done it.
Mar 18, 2017 3:22 AM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan?"Sign Your Name" was the shit.

It was the shit.
Mar 24, 2017 11:00 AM
0 0
Am I the only one who went to D'Arby's wikipedia page and looked at his discography? In 2015 he released something called "The Rise of the Zugebrian Time Lords." I can't believe this is one of RT's 14 threads for March. The mental image of him having British sex with Little Irish on a bed live on the BBC barely makes up for me having to wiki this.
Mar 25, 2017 3:26 AM
0 0
Infinitus CorsairAm I the only one who went to D'Arby's wikipedia page and looked at his discography? In 2015 he released something called "The Rise of the Zugebrian Time Lords." I can't believe this is one of RT's 14 threads for March. The mental image of him having British sex with Little Irish on a bed live on the BBC barely makes up for me having to wiki this.

You know who else was a light-skinned black singer in the 1980s, Infinitus? The guy from Fine Young Cannibals. The lead singer's name is Roland Gift. He had an amazing hairline. Here, I'm going to provide the Wiki link for you because I know you work hard ,and I respect that. LINK
Mar 25, 2017 4:02 AM
0 0
Moses
Infinitus CorsairAm I the only one who went to D'Arby's wikipedia page and looked at his discography? In 2015 he released something called "The Rise of the Zugebrian Time Lords." I can't believe this is one of RT's 14 threads for March. The mental image of him having British sex with Little Irish on a bed live on the BBC barely makes up for me having to wiki this.

You know who else was a light-skinned black singer in the 1980s, Infinitus? The guy from Fine Young Cannibals. The lead singer's name is Roland Gift. He had an amazing hairline. Here, I'm going to provide the Wiki link for you because I know you work hard ,and I respect that. LINK

You drive me crazy.
Mar 25, 2017 4:04 AM
0 0
Infinitus Corsair
Moses

You drive me crazy.

In fairness, the Fine Young Cannibals were a two-hit wonder. And I am just going to say it. Infinitus, you're a Good Thing.
Mar 25, 2017 4:10 AM
0 0