Jack's Back, Baby!

Original Poster
Samurai Jack returns tomorrow night at 11:30pm on Adult Swim. This fifth and final season will conclude its original run. I've even heard rumor that The Scotsman will return.

Mar 10, 2017 1:52 PM
0 0
Gah! I'm still two seasons behind, but soon I'll catch up. Great show so far.
Mar 13, 2017 12:08 AM
0 0
Gotta get back
Back to the past
Samurai Jack
Jack! Jack! Jack!
Mar 13, 2017 12:11 AM
0 0
Finally caught the first episode last night and it did not disappoint.

I've never seen a show's revival come so close the spirit and look of the original. The distinct visuals are back and beautiful as ever, benefiting from the new 16:9 aspect ratio (remember, Season 4 ended in 2004). I'm happy to note that despite the looser reigns Adult Swim offers its creators, they haven't left the humor of the original run behind. The flamboyantly fun assassin Jack faces in this Season 5 premiere put any of those fears to rest. Several times I felt a surge of intense nostalgia as the show's pace, visuals and jokes would have felt right at home on Cartoon Network in the early 2000's.

For any who are wondering, the story picks up fifty years after we last saw Jack. A changed, seemingly broken man, Jack still roams around Aku's dystopian world fighting evil, but without the focus, drive and composure that he's known for. Haunted by his failure to return home, Jack hasn't aged a day (a side effect of time travel), leaving his torment to seem indefinite. Having lost his magic sword, Jack now hides behind armor and guns, lacking a clear sense of purpose in his life.

I'm also glad they added the original series to Hulu, giving me something to tide me over week to week as I wait for new episodes. I hope this opens up an opportunity for a Blu-ray release of the whole series once it's finished.
Mar 13, 2017 3:21 PM
0 0
The second episode was good, but I'm struggling to get over the change in Aku's voice. I looked it up, and the guy who voiced him in the original show passed away in 2006.
Mar 20, 2017 5:22 PM
0 0
Obi SpenobiThe second episode was good, but I'm struggling to get over the change in Aku's voice. I looked it up, and the guy who voiced him in the original show passed away in 2006.

Yup. They gave the gig to the guy who replaced Mako on Avatar.
Mar 28, 2017 4:30 AM
0 0
Oh, and finallyI began the new season of Samurai Jack (I had to watch the first four seasons first, which are great). Good stuff in the first episode. Scaramouche is tons of fun, Jack has some cool new weapons but his head is a mess and modern animation is a great fit with Jack. Also, one of Jack's delusions reminds me of Will's in Hannibal.

Amazing start.
Mar 28, 2017 4:30 AM
0 0