National Football League 2017-18

BigwigFuck off, cunt.

Hines Ward blows the entire nursing home.
Aug 10, 2017 2:26 AM
0 0
Moses
BigwigFuck off, cunt.

Hines Ward does not blow the entire Cleveland Browns roster.
Aug 10, 2017 4:17 AM
0 0
Bigwig
Moses
BigwigFuck off, cunt.

No, Bigwig. The Browns have the NFL's youngest roster. Hines Ward blows the entire nursery.
Aug 10, 2017 5:34 AM
0 0
Moses
Bigwig
Moses
BigwigFuck off, cunt.

No, Bigwig. The Browns have the NFL's youngest roster. Hines Ward blows the entire nursery.

You fucking nitwit. It's not that the Browns are OLD. It's that they FUCKING SUCK and are populated by players who have DEMENTIA.
Aug 10, 2017 6:10 AM
0 0
BigwigJason Taylor is clearly a HoF player and I don't think it's even close.

He was pretty overrated. Only 6 Pro Bowls and a couple years where he was probably the worse end wearing a uniform. Led the league in sacks once. Yeah, let's just put the sack leader at the end of the year in the Hall of Fame every year. It's not supposed to be an exclusive company or anything.
Aug 11, 2017 3:41 AM
0 0
Xenophon

He was pretty overrated. Only 6 Pro Bowls and a couple years where he was probably the worse end wearing a uniform. Led the league in sacks once. Yeah, let's just put the sack leader at the end of the year in the Hall of Fame every year. It's not supposed to be an exclusive company or anything.

First, the NFL HoF isn't the baseball HoF. It's not that exclusive. They let fucking everybody in. Secondly, judging a player by pro bowl appearances is hilariously stupid. It's like you haven't paid attention to the sport you claim to love, which is probably true.

He definitely was a surprise as first ballot, but not a surprise. Get your shit together, fuckopath.
Aug 11, 2017 4:44 AM
0 0
Bigwig
Xenophon

First, the NFL HoF isn't the baseball HoF. It's not that exclusive. They let fucking everybody in. Secondly, judging a player by pro bowl appearances is hilariously stupid. It's like you haven't paid attention to the sport you claim to love, which is probably true.

He definitely was a surprise as first ballot, but not a surprise. Get your shit together, fuckopath.

It's a pretty big surprise considering he was never remotely dominant at his position, which Hall of Famers usually are, and there are hundreds of NFL players past and present with as much or more accolades not yet enshrined. Basically, as Moses and IC touches on, he was gifted for being a pretty boy and given a consolation prize for consistently removing his team from contention for a Super Bowl ring with his diminutive stature and non-impactful play. Reggie Wayne has more records than Taylor. Reggie Wayne, first ballot Hall of Famer!

Also, Malachi Dupre of the Packers had to be taken off on a stretcher after a hit by Tre Sullivan of the Eagles tonight. It was a pretty normal hit as far as football goes, not from the side or behind, but dead on with Malachi having full visibility of the person who hit him and he was still nearly murdered. No flag, completely legal hit. Reported movement in his extremities has been lauded as a "miracle." What I'm saying is, the athletes get faster, bigger and stronger every year and the football field effectively gets smaller. A 6'0" 200lb guy was just completely obliterated with full visibility by another guy the same weight and it wasn't even a blindside hit. Of course, the hypocritical NFL cuts away from his lifeless body as soon as it happens.
Aug 11, 2017 5:21 AM
0 0
Jason Taylor should be in the Hall. He was absolutely fantastic against the pass as both a rusher and when he dropped into coverage. The man accrued not only a lot of pressures and sacks, but also pass deflections, interceptions, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries, and touchdowns. There's no doubt he benefited from scheme, and at the beginning and end of his career, he was poor to below average against the run. However, in his prime years at his strongest, he turned himself into a guy who could set the edge, and he became willing to take on blockers, shed, and make tackles. And to be fair, most of his better peers at edge rushing defensive ends during his era weren't spectacular against the run even at their best -- Simeon Rice, Jevon Kearse, Jared Allen, etc. We didn't have a lot of two-way guys like Michael Strahan or even good 3-4 ends like Aaron Smith.

This shouldn't factor in as I don't believe in comparing individuals across eras, but years down the road we'll likely have borderline or even worthy ends/edges who played primarily during the first decade of the 2000s not make the Hall because that group simply weren't as good as the talent we have playing right now. We're in a bit of a Golden Age for defensive lineman/edge defenders, and many of them like TJ Watt, Khalil Mack, Aaron Donald, Fletcher Cox, Geno Atkins, Brandon Graham, Calais Campbell, N. Suh, Von Miller, Gerald McCoy...are fucking ridiculous.

Counting stats like sack totals and pressures are going to rise as teams pass more, but almost all of those guys I mentioned do well getting pressure by percentage. And these freakishly athletic and (not even that much) smaller defensive lineman will continue to play the run better than their predecessors mostly because the game is becoming less specialized on defense. The power running game and fullbacks are all but gone. More and more running backs are taking their carries from the pistol and even shotgun formations, and that calls for generally smaller RBs who can accelerate quickly and cut (and also catch the ball). We'll continue to see fewer fat run-pluggers on the line and at inside and strong side linebacker.
Aug 11, 2017 7:35 AM
0 0
Speaking of defensive lineman...training camp and preseason games mean less-than-dick and all of that, sure. Still, barring injury, Myles Garrett is a future All-Pro player even with young guys like Von Miller, Joey Bosa, Khalil Mack, and Jadeveon Clowney populating the league for the next decade. Garrett is more similar to Bosa and Clowney than Miller and Mack due to the first group's greater size, but he is a better athlete than Bosa and doesn't have Clowney's injury history. He'll get his share of the hardware.
Aug 11, 2017 7:45 AM
0 0
Ezekiel Elliott is suspended for 6 games. Does anyone want to explain the thinking behind this? Especially in relation to Josh Brown's initial suspension.
Aug 11, 2017 4:44 PM
0 0
TRADE: Bills get WR Jordan Matthews and a third-rounder and Eagles get CB Ronald Darby.
Aug 11, 2017 5:11 PM
0 0
TRADE #2: Rams get WR Sammy Watkins and a 6th rounder and the Bills get CB E.J. Gaines and a 2nd Rounder.
Aug 11, 2017 5:14 PM
0 0
MosesEzekiel Elliott is suspended for 6 games. Does anyone want to explain the thinking behind this? Especially in relation to Josh Brown's initial suspension.

I haven't really been following the case, but my main thoughts on the whole thing are: Fuck the Cowboys and Fuck Jerry Jones. I'm sure it'll get appealed down to 4 games or less...
Aug 11, 2017 11:00 PM
0 0
What fantasy round pick is Elliot now?
Aug 11, 2017 11:30 PM
0 0
PaquitoWhat fantasy round pick is Elliot now?

Depends on if the suspension is shortened, right? And if there are horrific pictures of injuries to his girlfriend that leak to the public, then does the NFL retroactively suspend him for longer than 6 games or have teams effectively blackball him? The NFL has done this recently.

Anyway, let's say the suspension sticks at 6 games and starts Week 1, then I would have the confidence to take Elliott in the late second or early third round. I don't mean confidence in Elliott's character, but I mean confidence in my team's ability to survive with a good enough record to make the league's playoffs. If it's a PPR league, then expect Elliott to catch two more balls per game this season. He's excellent at that, and the Cowboys underutilized him in that role last season.
Aug 11, 2017 11:40 PM
0 0
Speaking of fantasy, does anyone want to take my spot in the RT-OT league?
Aug 11, 2017 11:47 PM
0 0
Marshawn sits on the team bench and eats a banana during the National Anthem. Hahaha! Epic troll move. I know he wasn't going to be driving around to schools and giving speeches to kids about violence and oppression, but I thought he could have protested better. Marshawn being Marshawn? Raider nation is disgusted.
Aug 14, 2017 4:34 AM
0 0
Are we doing weekly picks again this year?
Aug 16, 2017 11:43 PM
0 0
BobHarrisAre we doing weekly picks again this year?

I think so? Somebody needs to start the thread, because that site is still active. Even Caesar said he'd participate again this year.
Aug 18, 2017 4:27 AM
0 0
neumdaddy
BobHarrisAre we doing weekly picks again this year?

I think so? Somebody needs to start the thread, because that site is still active. Even Caesar said he'd participate again this year.

Link? I didn't participate for last season.
Aug 18, 2017 4:53 AM
0 0