Baseball 2017

Facebook User
BigwigGo post about that in the track & field thread. Oh wait, there isn't one, because literally nobody cares about track & field (Athletics!) in this forum. I mean, fucking relay races. Next you'll bring up some ancient Mayan sport played only by two dozen maize farmers.

yeah I dare I include every team sport in you invoked category of team sports.? You said something incredibly dumb. own up to it.

Look, man. You're new to this sports discussion, so maybe you want to be all inclusive like the conversation will include fucking track & field, when literally every fucking normal fucking person who participates in the sports threads around here wouldn't even consider it. Team sports would include the typical four North American sports, and soccer. Nobody talks about anything else here. Nor anywhere. I haven't met somebody who is a fan of track & field in my entire fucking life. And I bet I've met a hell of a lot more people (particularly sports fans) than you, shut in your cabin hiding from Trump's SS.

Yes, of course running relay events are extremely easy to measure. So are swimming relay events. You could even extend it to wrestling, which is a series of individual match-ups. Or college judo. Yes, you're right. But in the mainstream sports that the normals talk about around here, or in any bar in the fucking United States? It's baseball.
May 3, 2017 5:17 AM
0 0
Bigwig
Facebook User
BigwigGo post about that in the track & field thread. Oh wait, there isn't one, because literally nobody cares about track & field (Athletics!) in this forum. I mean, fucking relay races. Next you'll bring up some ancient Mayan sport played only by two dozen maize farmers.

yeah I dare I include every team sport in you invoked category of team sports.? You said something incredibly dumb. own up to it.

Look, man. You're new to this sports discussion, so maybe you want to be all inclusive like the conversation will include fucking track & field, when literally every fucking normal fucking person who participates in the sports threads around here wouldn't even consider it. Team sports would include the typical four North American sports, and soccer. Nobody talks about anything else here. Nor anywhere. I haven't met somebody who is a fan of track & field in my entire fucking life. And I bet I've met a hell of a lot more people (particularly sports fans) than you, shut in your cabin hiding from Trump's SS.

Yes, of course running relay events are extremely easy to measure. So are swimming relay events. You could even extend it to wrestling, which is a series of individual match-ups. Or college judo. Yes, you're right. But in the mainstream sports that the normals talk about around here, or in any bar in the fucking United States? It's baseball.

I'm satisfied with this goal post moving. I would be re-missed if I didn't point out that there have been Olympics threads on the forum in the past.

bored now
May 3, 2017 5:23 AM
0 0
Facebook User
Bigwig
Facebook User

I'm satisfied with this goal post moving.?

How relieving.
May 3, 2017 5:42 AM
0 0
Bigwig
Facebook User
Bigwig
Facebook User

I'm satisfied with this goal post moving.?

How relieving.

Where the fuck do you find the patience to still converse with Kelly? I just feel exhausted for you. Other posters seemingly have made the decision to not bother with Rooby Roo, but for whatever reason everybody here still takes the bait with Kelly. You guys have to tire out soon. You just have to.
May 3, 2017 5:55 AM
0 0
I'm trying to make a difference?
May 3, 2017 5:57 AM
0 0
Freddie Freeman is good at baseball.
May 3, 2017 5:58 AM
0 0
JeanFreddie Freeman is good at baseball.

I like him. I wish Colon was still a Met.
May 3, 2017 6:09 AM
0 0
Facebook User
JeanFreddie Freeman is good at baseball.

I like him. I wish Colon was still a Met.

I was wrong! He isn't.
May 3, 2017 6:13 AM
0 0
new single K total for a single game baby. 48!

Cubs are playing like the Cubs of old. Very existentially gratifying.
May 8, 2017 7:57 AM
0 0
The Cubs might have to trade for pitching before the All Star break. Arrieta has been awful in a contract year, Anderson is already a bust, Lester is back to not getting wins, Lackey can go six and give up six and Hendricks is inconsistent again. Granted though he only gave up 3 to a really good Rockies team so maybe he is back. Wade Davis has been amazing so far, though.
May 11, 2017 11:08 AM
0 0
MadManThe Cubs might have to trade for pitching before the All Star break. Arrieta has been awful in a contract year, Anderson is already a bust, Lester is back to not getting wins, Lackey can go six and give up six and Hendricks is inconsistent again. ?Granted though he only gave up 3 to a really good Rockies team so maybe he is back. Wade Davis has been amazing so far, though.

Like many baseball analysts, there is still skepticism with that phrase. All the same, I'm encouraged to see Colorado look like a more complete team and, possibly, be in the mix later in the summer. Still pretty darn early, though.
May 11, 2017 5:00 PM
0 0
MadManThe Cubs might have to trade for pitching before the All Star break. Arrieta has been awful in a contract year, Anderson is already a bust, Lester is back to not getting wins, Lackey can go six and give up six and Hendricks is inconsistent again. ?Granted though he only gave up 3 to a really good Rockies team so maybe he is back. Wade Davis has been amazing so far, though.

This is Hendricks third time straight having a quality start. And as far as Lester is concerned everybody knows pitching wins are complete nonsense. (And 2 runs, one was unearned for Hendricks)
But yeah Anderson and Arrieta need help.
And Lackey is doing what Lackey does.
I just think we are worn out.?
My goal as always is to win 82 games.?
May 11, 2017 5:08 PM
0 0
neumdaddy

Like many baseball analysts, there is still skepticism with that phrase. All the same, I'm encouraged to see Colorado look like a more complete team and, possibly, be in the mix later in the summer. Still pretty darn early, though.

Can I get a hot take from you on the DJ Lemahieu cheating his way to an obstruction call on Pollock during extra against the DBacks a week or so ago?? I would like a Rockies fan reaction. It is the worst call I have ever seen live.

May 11, 2017 5:47 PM
0 0
RIP Steve Palermo.
May 14, 2017 9:45 PM
0 0
I would like to express my deepest thanks to the Astros for ruining Jeter's number retirement game. The stadium going dead quiet after the second HR was great.?
May 15, 2017 5:15 AM
0 0
Well yeah I don't know if the Rockies will keep up their hot start. And I do tend to overreact to the Cubs doing poorly. However I think I will end up being right by July, although if Chicago's bats heat up and they are fully healthy again maybe the awful pitching won't matter as much. Lester could do a stat correction sooner or later...
May 15, 2017 8:12 PM
0 0
I downloaded an indie baseball game called Super Mega Baseball, and it's super mega fun. The sequel is coming out with online multiplayer this year. I expect all of you to get good before that happens.
May 16, 2017 10:36 PM
0 0
I have to say, the way the Astros are playing now makes all the more forgettable those 4 years of crap baseball, where there were 3 years of 100+ losses. A distant memory.
May 17, 2017 2:54 PM
0 0
JeanI downloaded an indie baseball game called Super Mega Baseball, and it's super mega fun. The sequel is coming out with online multiplayer this year. I expect all of you to get good before that happens.

Jean, I play in a baseball simulator called CSFBL. It's pretty damn great. Paulson ran several seasons with me, and he did well. Maybe give it a shot.

Here's a link to my specific league. There is not any current openings for a new owner, but start here and look around. Maybe take over another team and see if you enjoy it.

(EDIT: Of course, CSFBL is open to anybody who is interested. It's an entertaining, low-maintenance, completely free of charge simulator.)
May 17, 2017 3:16 PM
0 0
Gradually starting to enjoy this Rockies team a bit more. A few other good teams are emerging in the NL, and I sure hope Colorado can remain among them.
May 22, 2017 7:10 PM
0 0