I'm starting to loathe the actions of President Trump

Death ProofNo, but he believes Jr. will take him golfing some day.?

Some day.

Maybe I will hit Jr up the next time he comes to BC

Take that, Yarn!
Jul 20, 2017 6:08 PM
0 0
Sorcerer Supreme NamelessLOOOOL

"Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else," Mr. Trump said.

Basically, king shitbird is chucking out the weakest, hungriest shitchicks from the nest before it gets chopped down. A gruesome sight, to be sure, but you can't help but to marvel at the nature of it all

Trump's whole NYT interview basically dumped on all attorneys, Comey, Mueller, Sessions and Rosenstein, involved in any way with the Russian investigation.

Just shows Trump's disdain for anyone that does not conform to his bidding and his disdain for the law in general. He was so used to dealing with civil legal matters generally out of the spotlight until recently. Now he's publicly drawing a line in the sand to the Justice Department which is just nuts. I predict Mueller will be fired within the next 2 months because Trump cannot stand it for being called out.
Jul 20, 2017 7:39 PM
0 0
Death Proof
Sorcerer Supreme Nameless
YAWNPicture - Look a this doody head!

I like where this thread is going. Where are the all you can eat crayons?

Are you Donald Trump Jr?

No, but he believes Jr. will take him golfing some day.

Some day.

He's a high-quality person. I applaud his transparency. #sarcasm
Jul 20, 2017 9:08 PM
0 0
Sorcerer Supreme Nameless
Death ProofNo, but he believes Jr. will take him golfing some day.?

Some day.

Maybe I will hit Jr up the next time he comes to BC

Take that, Yarn!

Pussy grabbing is in the family genes.
Jul 21, 2017 1:33 AM
0 0
crumbsroom
Oxnard MontalvoTrump: "But I will say to Mueller, don't look into my personal finances. That's a red line." meanwhile.....

and not to mention

Be prepared for Mueller's firing.

Also be prepared for the GOP to do about as close to nothing about it as they can get away with (ie. nothing).

yup. here's to the next 6 months.
Jul 21, 2017 5:57 AM
0 0
@votevets
Ruh-roh. "@POTUS has asked advisers a/b his power to pardon aides, family members & even himself..."

Also, Japanese PM's wife faked not being able to speak English so as to avoid Trump.

lols Sean Spicer finally finds an out... maybe OJ needs a press agent.
Jul 21, 2017 3:29 PM
0 0
RIP Sean "Spicy Facts" aka "Anime is Real" Spicer

If there is anyone in the entire AMERICAN GOVERNMENT I'd have a beer with, it's him. Despite his rampant attempts at covering up very obvious truths, Sean Spicer is real as fuck

So I guess that Trump is looking into the limits of "pardoning". In other words "my ass is definitely getting impeached halp"
Jul 21, 2017 4:47 PM
0 0
So long, sweet prince.

Jul 21, 2017 4:51 PM
0 0
Jul 21, 2017 5:32 PM
0 0
ashvirtuallyI'm not going to justify or defend asking if there is even common ground to be had with other human beings not seeing me as fully human because I have more melanin in my skin. ?There's no "playing the race card" in that. It's a legitimate question proposed to a legitimate problem facing the nation. ?That asking that question triggers the same, tired defensiveness and yet another bullshit equivocation is what's gobsmacking.

We face a problem in the country involving race, the same problem we've been facing since Day One. You'd have to be a blind, deaf and dumb twit to not see it - and to this end, I don't know if Yawn is pretending ignorance to offer up his smarmy contrary-for-contrary's-sake-everything-is-relative-asking-from-your-POV-equates-you-to-a-racist horseshit or if, as Janson suggests, there is something more to it, because he's not stupid.

FWIW, I want to believe that it's as Angela Davis said a few days after the election: this clusterfuck of a dumpster fire is the result of the last, dying gasp of white supremacy in this country. ?Despite all the despicable shit coming out of peoples' mouths over the last two years, I've seen good, too. ?I refuse to believe a significant portion of the white population in the USA are racist. Maybe this is wrong-headed (Gorb probably thinks so), but so be it. ?It is what the hell it is and only time will tell.

That said, we have an openly racist "president" who abandoned all the dog whistles of the GOP of the last thirty years for a fucking bullhorn and swaths of the country heeded its siren. ?We have people like Steve King and Jeff Sessions in positions of unbelievable power - known, degenerate racists - actively promoting their hateful rhetoric and, in the case of Sessions, dredging up failed policies that specifically target minorities, easing civil rights enforcements that specifically hurt minorities, etc. I very wrongly assumed Americans' "better angels" would see this age-old shit for what it was and refute it on its face, and yet here we are where we are. ?

Despite Yawn's never-ending bullshit: impact > intent. ?Always. People voting for this FUBAR out of fear is a fucked up, unacceptable excuse, not a reason, and there is a difference.

Of an even bigger concern for me, though, are the lack of empathy and decency in our society and the disparaging of intellect and knowledge. ?Izzy said somewhere here or in another thread I've been following that the solution to a great many problems facing our country is education, education and more education. ?I agree. ?But as she also said, one of the major political parties in this country has a regressive posture towards it and worse, the majority of its base is convinced it (education) is doing great harm to the country.

This lack of individual self-awareness and utter regression... we're in bad shape. ?Really, really bad shape.

Which leads me to where I'll finish: that it is equally incumbent upon me, as a black American, to appeal to the racists in this country, to find this "common cause" and appeal to their "better angels".

Uh-huh.

Spoken like a white American guy who knows fuck-all outside of his own circumspection.

Janson spoke a page back or two about what is all necessary to defeat racism. ?A lot of it is on the individual - you can't make anyone do anything, you can't make people see what they've been brought up and raised to believe isn't right. ?All you can do is share your POV (which I do) and hope they come around.

A lot of it is also on white America in toto to accept the reality of the problem and stop condoning it, both implicitly and explicitly. ?That someone like Steve King can keep getting reelected, that the entire white GOP-controlled Senate could overlook Session's long, proven record of racism and bigotry, goes to the heart of white America's complicity in allowing it to continue.

I will not be responsible for that and I reject the very idea that I have to go beyond speaking out about it, marching against it and boycotting those who perpetrate it. ?I reject this absurd notion that it's all relative. ?I reject the implication that minorities in this country are somehow to blame for the white supremacy that's been at this country's very roots since the beginning.

It's NOT all relative.

And that's all I have. ?I'm not going to with you, Yawn, so wall-of-text your rocks off. ?I can't and won't. ?Life's too short, and that was especially made clear last November.

Posts like this one are the reason Trump is in office right now.
Jul 21, 2017 7:07 PM
0 0
Johnny Wishbone
ashvirtuallyI'm not going to justify or defend asking if there is even common ground to be had with other human beings not seeing me as fully human because I have more melanin in my skin. ?There's no "playing the race card" in that. It's a legitimate question proposed to a legitimate problem facing the nation. ?That asking that question triggers the same, tired defensiveness and yet another bullshit equivocation is what's gobsmacking.

We face a problem in the country involving race, the same problem we've been facing since Day One. You'd have to be a blind, deaf and dumb twit to not see it - and to this end, I don't know if Yawn is pretending ignorance to offer up his smarmy contrary-for-contrary's-sake-everything-is-relative-asking-from-your-POV-equates-you-to-a-racist horseshit or if, as Janson suggests, there is something more to it, because he's not stupid.

FWIW, I want to believe that it's as Angela Davis said a few days after the election: this clusterfuck of a dumpster fire is the result of the last, dying gasp of white supremacy in this country. ?Despite all the despicable shit coming out of peoples' mouths over the last two years, I've seen good, too. ?I refuse to believe a significant portion of the white population in the USA are racist. Maybe this is wrong-headed (Gorb probably thinks so), but so be it. ?It is what the hell it is and only time will tell.

That said, we have an openly racist "president" who abandoned all the dog whistles of the GOP of the last thirty years for a fucking bullhorn and swaths of the country heeded its siren. ?We have people like Steve King and Jeff Sessions in positions of unbelievable power - known, degenerate racists - actively promoting their hateful rhetoric and, in the case of Sessions, dredging up failed policies that specifically target minorities, easing civil rights enforcements that specifically hurt minorities, etc. I very wrongly assumed Americans' "better angels" would see this age-old shit for what it was and refute it on its face, and yet here we are where we are. ?

Despite Yawn's never-ending bullshit: impact > intent. ?Always. People voting for this FUBAR out of fear is a fucked up, unacceptable excuse, not a reason, and there is a difference.

Of an even bigger concern for me, though, are the lack of empathy and decency in our society and the disparaging of intellect and knowledge. ?Izzy said somewhere here or in another thread I've been following that the solution to a great many problems facing our country is education, education and more education. ?I agree. ?But as she also said, one of the major political parties in this country has a regressive posture towards it and worse, the majority of its base is convinced it (education) is doing great harm to the country.

This lack of individual self-awareness and utter regression... we're in bad shape. ?Really, really bad shape.

Which leads me to where I'll finish: that it is equally incumbent upon me, as a black American, to appeal to the racists in this country, to find this "common cause" and appeal to their "better angels".

Uh-huh.

Spoken like a white American guy who knows fuck-all outside of his own circumspection.

Janson spoke a page back or two about what is all necessary to defeat racism. ?A lot of it is on the individual - you can't make anyone do anything, you can't make people see what they've been brought up and raised to believe isn't right. ?All you can do is share your POV (which I do) and hope they come around.

A lot of it is also on white America in toto to accept the reality of the problem and stop condoning it, both implicitly and explicitly. ?That someone like Steve King can keep getting reelected, that the entire white GOP-controlled Senate could overlook Session's long, proven record of racism and bigotry, goes to the heart of white America's complicity in allowing it to continue.

I will not be responsible for that and I reject the very idea that I have to go beyond speaking out about it, marching against it and boycotting those who perpetrate it. ?I reject this absurd notion that it's all relative. ?I reject the implication that minorities in this country are somehow to blame for the white supremacy that's been at this country's very roots since the beginning.

It's NOT all relative.

And that's all I have. ?I'm not going to with you, Yawn, so wall-of-text your rocks off. ?I can't and won't. ?Life's too short, and that was especially made clear last November.

Some response. Wouldn't it have been easier to just type "tl: dr"?

Jul 21, 2017 7:12 PM
0 0
Johnny Wishbone

Posts like this are the reason Trump is in office right now.
Jul 21, 2017 9:53 PM
0 0
You may have seen where Trump has nominated Sam Clovis, a non-scientist conservative talk show host, to head the science/research arm of the Department of Agriculture.

I thought then what good timing for this article from an actual government scientist which iss insightful enough to inform us of just what it feels like for this dwindling community right now.
Jul 21, 2017 10:03 PM
0 0
crumbsroomBe prepared for Mueller's firing.

Also be prepared for the GOP to do about as close to nothing about it as they can get away with (ie. nothing).

There are some instances of Republicans taking a stand. Richard Burr, who is co-chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, has said that he will no longer visit the White House until the investigation is finished. That may not sound like much, but it's a cold burn in Washington circles.
Jul 21, 2017 10:09 PM
0 0

Also, there's this analysis from the conservative National Review, which has been pretty consistent on criticizing Trump. They obviously had no sway on the election (after they posted a cover story listing all of the reasons not to vote for Trump), and it's questionable this will have much sway in Congress, but for those paying attention, there' no shortage of purely conservative reasons for why Republicans should denounce him.
Jul 21, 2017 10:20 PM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan

Also, there's this analysis from the conservative National Review, which has been pretty consistent on criticizing Trump. ?They obviously had no sway on the election (after they posted a cover story listing all of the reasons not to vote for Trump), and it's questionable this will have much sway in Congress, but for those paying attention, there' no shortage of purely conservative reasons for why Republicans should denounce him.

This isn't a conservative issue. Trump was never fit for the office. Trump is a distraction that keeps us from getting on to problems like single payer and water in Flint and why the fuck were we saddled with Hillary as the other candidate? And be careful what you wish for. Trump is a narcissist, but he is no deep ideologue and he has no program for change. Pence, by all accounts, would be much more effective in the job. You lost the election. Get the fuck over it.
Jul 21, 2017 10:27 PM
0 0
YAWNThis isn't a conservative issue. Trump was never fit for the office. Trump is a distraction that keeps us from getting on to problems like single payer and water in Flint and why the fuck were we saddled with Hillary as the other candidate? And be careful what you wish for. Trump is a narcissist, but he is no deep ideologue and he has no program for change. Pence, by all accounts, would be much more effective in the job. You lost the election. Get the fuck over it.

Thanks for reading the article.
Jul 21, 2017 10:31 PM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
YAWNThis isn't a conservative issue. Trump was never fit for the office. Trump is a distraction that keeps us from getting on to problems like single payer and water in Flint and why the fuck were we saddled with Hillary as the other candidate? And be careful what you wish for. Trump is a narcissist, but he is no deep ideologue and he has no program for change. Pence, by all accounts, would be much more effective in the job. You lost the election. Get the fuck over it.

Thanks for reading the article.

Sure. Sure.
Jul 21, 2017 10:42 PM
0 0
YAWN
This isn't a conservative issue. Trump was never fit for the office. Trump is a distraction that keeps us from getting on to problems like single payer and water in Flint and why the fuck were we saddled with Hillary as the other candidate? And be careful what you wish for. Trump is a narcissist, but he is no deep ideologue and he has no program for change. Pence, by all accounts, would be much more effective in the job. You lost the election. Get the fuck over it.

Talk about single-payer then. Talk about Flint. If you really care about these issues instead of resentful contrarianism, then share shit about them, talk about them. Meanwhile, everyone else will continue highlighting the shit important to them, whether healthcare reform, voter suppression or the erosion of our institutions and political norms. Get the fuck over it.
Jul 21, 2017 11:02 PM
0 0
I was thinking today. With all the insanity going in at the White House and vacant positions, one has to wonder how the administration could possibly handle something like, say, Yellowstone erupting tomorrow. More accurately, if they could handle it.
Jul 21, 2017 11:28 PM
0 0