I'm starting to loathe the actions of President Trump

Death Proof
PenarinHere's what I don't get.

There is no way Trump could ever qualify for a security clearance.

I had one when I was in the National Guard, and another when I worked as a civilian contractor for the DoD.

They talk to your friends, family members, co-workers, landlords, and neighbors. Going back years and years. You have to have good credit and sound finances, you can't have any ugly secrets (makes you?susceptible to bribes), you can't have a bunch of lawsuits or certain types of arrests. You can't have a ton of travel to foreign countries unless all of it could be explained and verified. A co-worker of mine spent years living in Germany (because the Army sent him there) and the investigators were all over that. You can't have moved all over the place, at least not without good reason. You have to fill out this EPIC form, and if there are any discrepancies between what you wrote down and what they find, you have to be able to explain it.

And that was just for a somewhat common secret clearance. Things are far more strict if you need a top secret / sensitive compartmented information clearance.

Trump has been involved in 4,000+ lawsuits across 30 years. Four bankruptcies. Two divorces (including some really ugly allegations from Ivana). Travel all over the world. No shortage of shady business deals.

I guess all that stuff about honor, integrity, trustworthiness, general intelligence, competency, and dependability all goes out the window when you win the election. ?"Oh, you won. ?Here are the keys to the kingdom!"

It won't matter. You tell any of that to a Trump supporter and they just start crying about Hillary or Obama and deflect away from Trump's shady past. They're so angry - so desperate to be "right" and to oppose anything remotely Democratic/left wing/liberal/progressive that they have their heads in the sand and it will literally take Trump murdering someone on the White House Lawn before they'll say anything to oppose him.

Even then, they would say - he/she had it coming.
May 18, 2017 12:09 PM
0 0
"Apparently, the president didn't listen to his own lawyers."

It shouldn't be surprising at this stage that Trump turns out to be even more responsible for his Flynn problem than Flynn himself.

For the third time in a week, Trump managed to contradict his communications staff and any other WH official attempting to publicly defend his less responsible actions. The last time has involved the surprising revelation that Trump may not be too content, after all, in having a special investigator bringing (eventual) closure to his Russia dilemma. He now complains that this is only further hurting us all, and dividing the country. You see, Trump doesn't want to see such divisiveness, this very public show of discord and confusion to our international friends and enemies. It isn't as if any of this divisiveness and discord had been the (largely unprovoked) direct result of his firing Comey in the first place, his insistence in hiring conspiracy-laden zealots like Flynn and Bannon, his continual compulsion to poke the eyes of the losers he beat over six months ago. No, none of that is hurting our nation or squandering our image abroad. It is solely the impetus of this leftist need to crucify his benevolence for daring to achieve the impossible, which is being able to win only the 8th Republican electoral college victory in 50 years (compared to 5 for Dems). Obviously, such a usurpation of precedent would only inspire the haters to cry foul. Why on earth these thugs and hippies can't just unify in communal and cooperative kissing of ass is the true spiteful riddle of our A.T.* era.

(* After Trump; or secularized After Truth)
May 19, 2017 3:39 PM
0 0
Although the self-aggrandizing Trump thinks he is such a class act, he has the food taste of a 7-year old, opting to have his steak cooked well done and with ketchup.

I cannot abide such behavior.
May 19, 2017 6:46 PM
0 0
Oxnard MontalvoI'm on the belief that the Trump-Russia connection is probably way less nefarious than many people think. but Trump isn't doing himself any favors by preventing the investigation from unfolding on its own.

on second thought, I should have clarified that my belief is that things are less nefarious than what many Trump supporters think people like me seem to to think about the Russia-Trump stuff. but that's just so I can say, "well yeah it's not like that, but there's enough we already know for sure and all these unanswered stuff about etc etc etc"

maybe I'm just trying to prepare myself for anything less than James Comey saying, "Trump personally asked Russia to straight-up influence the election" during his testimony. because I also feel like unless that happens there will always be those unconvinced that anything "bad" took place.

but anyway I'm probably just trying to get a handle on what is happening and if this is really happening then holy fuck! this is really happening?!?!
May 20, 2017 2:30 AM
0 0
Oxnard Montalvo
Oxnard MontalvoI'm on the belief that the Trump-Russia connection is probably way less nefarious than many people think. but Trump isn't doing himself any favors by preventing the investigation from unfolding on its own.

on second thought, I should have clarified that my belief is that things are less nefarious than what many Trump supporters think people like me seem to to think about the Russia-Trump stuff. but that's just so I can say, "well yeah it's not like that, but there's enough we already know for sure and all these unanswered stuff about etc etc etc"

maybe I'm just trying to prepare myself for anything less than James Comey saying, "Trump personally asked Russia to straight-up influence the election" during his testimony. because I also feel like unless that happens there will always be those unconvinced that anything "bad" took place.

but anyway I'm probably just trying to get a handle on what is happening and if this is really happening then holy fuck! this is really happening?!?!

I get where you're coming from since I was once there too, but for the past few weeks I've been firmly in the camp of, yeah, this is really happening. Personally I'd prefer not to be here, because most people I know who froth at the mouth about Trumps Russia connections are people I really would rather not be associated with, but here we are. It's happening. And God knows what happens from here.
May 20, 2017 2:53 AM
0 0
I love how Trump puts these travel bans on countries in the Middle East and his first trip abroad is to...the Middle East. They must love him over there. Then again he's staying with some billionaire sheik right? I guess he's staying in his comfort zone.
May 21, 2017 4:53 AM
0 0
Trumptards are praising Melania for not wearing a head scarf.

Of course, when Michelle Obama did the same thing, Trump tweeted: "Many people are saying it was wonderful that Mrs. Obama refused to wear a scarf in Saudi Arabia, but they were insulted. We have enuf enemies"

Hypocrite idiot.
May 21, 2017 2:18 PM
0 0
"We have enuf enemies"
- The President of the United States
May 21, 2017 6:00 PM
0 0
May 23, 2017 1:38 PM
0 0
Death ProofTrumptards are praising Melania for not wearing a head scarf.

Of course, when Michelle Obama did the same thing, Trump tweeted: "Many people are saying it was wonderful that Mrs. Obama refused to wear a scarf in Saudi Arabia, but they were insulted. We have enuf enemies"

Hypocrite idiot.

This type of stuff makes my brain want to explode. You can't bitch at someone for doing something and then do the exact same thing yourself.?
Ugh.
May 23, 2017 1:42 PM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan'Member that time when Trump pledged to "free the earth from the miseries of disease"?

This cabinet is practically a PSA for disease prevention.

(If you're wondering what's so sickly looking about Stephen Miller, keep in mind that's a picture of a 31-year-old.)
May 23, 2017 4:02 PM
0 0
Breaking! Trump Administration repeals Obama care in place of Bannon Care which aims (out of a novelty shirt launcher titled The Bannon Cannon) to provide the poor and the needy with blankets which have been exposed to Steve Bannon
May 23, 2017 4:15 PM
0 0
And DAMU just got his idea for that magnum opus zombie film drenched with political Americana
May 23, 2017 4:17 PM
0 0
BadLieutenant

Colbert has described him as "the best looking guy you'd find standing in a liquor store parking lot".

BadLieutenant

(If you're wondering what's so sickly looking about Stephen Miller, keep in mind that's a picture of a 31-year-old.)

I'm telling ya, someone should tint that picture green with a crosshair and make it your new avatar.
May 23, 2017 11:59 PM
0 0
Looking over the anemic...I mean "skinny" budget, and calculating between the cuts in disability and rural economic programs, I was curious how many of Trump's rural, blue-collar voters would take notice at how much harm he is inflicting on them. All of the CDC cuts, cuts in research into heart disease, diabetes, programs under the FDA to keep water and food clean and healthy.

I wondered if anyone has noticed Trump mention anything at all about what he intends to do to address the opiate epidemic that is so predominant in the Rust Belt states that gave him his electoral college victory? I mean, other than Jeff Sessions plan to throw as many of them in jail under the maximum sentences that the law will allow? We should be compassionate to both sides here, and the estate tax will cost some people their third homes. I think the opiates are an important ingredient for this to make much sense.
May 24, 2017 12:29 AM
0 0
So, you Yanks have put the lives of Britons in mortal danger by exposing sensitive intelligence ahead of the UK themselves. ?How do you explain this? Stupid fucking yanks. Butchers of the west.?

http://www.businessinsider.com/manchester-arena-terror-attack-police-downing-street-theresa-may-ariana-grande-2017-5

And you wonder why we despise you cunts.
May 24, 2017 1:41 PM
0 0
Ben OrganaSo, you Yanks have put the lives of Britons in mortal danger by exposing sensitive intelligence ahead of the UK themselves. ?How do you explain this? Stupid fucking yanks. Butchers of the west.?

http://www.businessinsider.com/manchester-arena-terror-attack-police-downing-street-theresa-may-ariana-grande-2017-5

And you wonder why we despise you cunts.

Ha. Where do you even live? And what's with the 'we'? You one man douche bag eating cunt rag.
May 24, 2017 1:53 PM
0 0

That picture is glorious. Looks like 3 Bond villains preparing to destroy the world.
May 24, 2017 3:15 PM
0 0
It's eerie how much Trump looks like Alec Baldwin's caricature in that pic.
May 24, 2017 3:55 PM
0 0
Speaking of Trump's Arabian adventure, did it strike anyone else as odd that he took the opportunity in his condemnation of "Islamic extremism" to single out the dangers of Iran? While offering a hundred billion in "beautiful weapons" to the Saudis? It's commendable that the Saudis seem to be interested in curbing terrorism, but the fact remains that the vast majority of Islamic terrorism is directly rooted in Saudi Arabia and the Sunni side of the religion, from the violent ideologies of Wahhabism and Salafism, to virtually every single terrorist group - al Qaeda, al Nusra, al Shabaab, Islamic State, Boko Haram, Hamas and the Taliban - that remain at the top of the list for most dangerous threats in the region and abroad. But, sure, it's great to see them start somewhere.

Not that Iran is totally innocent - they still have Hezbollah after all - but it seems to be unfortunate timing considering the recent re-election of the reformist Rouhani, who represents a victory for the Green Movement. It seems that this would be an especially auspicious time to reach out and embrace this reformist movement that has popular support in Iran and encourage the growing appetite for moderation, modernization and outreach with the West. It's difficult to see exactly how Trump sees Saudi Arabia, at this moment, is more susceptible to the kinds of religious reforms he touted in his speech. We should reach out and encourage Saudi reforms as well (although maybe without such incendiary accommodation), but I don't see why we're not engaging both sides of the Islamic coin, or why Trump is intent on describing Iran as such an essential terrorist threat given the facts of the matter.

At least Trump refused to lecture them on human rights.
May 24, 2017 4:38 PM
0 0