I'm starting to loathe the actions of President Trump

DreCosby
TeamCanada
Oxnard MontalvoI might regret bringing this up if it results in a big discussion but: if Trump's victory wasn't the result of cultural resentment/grievances (as opposed to say, economic insecurity, concerns of gov't corruption, etc), then I hope I would be forgiven for thinking otherwise what with the volume and intensity of outrage over the flag/anthem protests.

I'm only saying the most important thing about this stuff is the level of importance other people are putting on it. (we Americans take our symbols very very seriously)

Biden would've won. Hillary is one of America's 100 most hated ppl.
Yes the hillbilly crackers from middle America make up Trump's base, yet he didn't win with smashing margins.
His approval rating is hovering around his IQ level.

Meanwhile, CNN spending segments on twitter war jokes while WWIII is on the cusp.

The only two Vice Presidents to directly succeed a President in an election were George H.W. Bush in 1988 and Martin Van Buren in 1836. Obama may be a lot better than Reagan, but I don't think he was popular enough to get his Vice President elected especially if he couldn't get his Secretary of State elected. Would Biden have won Michigan and Wisconsin? It's certainly possible. Would he have won Pennsylvania? I honestly don't know.?

People are somehow blaming Hillary for Harvey Weinstein, the hate for her is just unnatural and she STILL won the popular vote. Biden had a damn good chance if he had run.
Oct 10, 2017 4:03 PM
0 0
DreCosbyWould Biden have won Michigan and Wisconsin? It's certainly possible. Would he have won Pennsylvania? I honestly don't know.

I'm pretty confident Biden would've crushed Trump in Pennsylvania, even moreso than Michigan and Wisconsin. I don't just base that on hypothetical polling done in the months before the election but also on the fact that Biden's credentials run long and deep in Pennsylvania, particularly in the Western coal and steel country that swung for Trump. His hometown of Scranton is one of his political strongholds. Trump energized those rural voters enough to turn out against Hillary, whom they were already prone to dislike, but I think it would've been much harder to get them to turn against Diamond Joe. Biden wouldn't need an Obama boost to take Pennsylvania. If anything, Obama needed a Biden bump after his "guns and bibles" comment helped hand Pennsylvania to Clinton in the 2008 primary.
Oct 10, 2017 4:05 PM
0 0
B.A.Baracas
People are somehow blaming Hillary for Harvey Weinstein, the hate for her is just unnatural and she STILL won the popular vote. Biden had a damn good chance if he had run.

What good is the popular vote at this time if such a large margin doesn't even count anymore? It's like we should trust in the electorati and have them be properly bought off anyway. Yay plutocracy.
Oct 10, 2017 5:03 PM
0 0
BadLieutenant
DreCosbyWould Biden have won Michigan and Wisconsin? It's certainly possible. Would he have won Pennsylvania? I honestly don't know.

I'm pretty confident Biden would've crushed Trump in Pennsylvania, even moreso than Michigan and Wisconsin. I don't just base that on hypothetical polling done in the months before the election but also on the fact that Biden's credentials run long and deep in Pennsylvania, particularly in the Western coal and steel country that swung for Trump. His hometown of Scranton is one of his political strongholds. Trump energized those rural voters enough to turn out against Hillary, whom they were already prone to dislike, but I think it would've been much harder to get them to turn against Diamond Joe. Biden wouldn't need an Obama boost to take Pennsylvania. If anything, Obama needed a Biden bump after his "guns and bibles" comment helped hand Pennsylvania to Clinton in the 2008 primary.

I think Biden helped Obama enough to still be valuable on a ticket of his own. Obama didn't tow Biden, Biden I think propped Obama among some swing voters.

It's f'n hilarious to see Trumpers online blaming Clinton for Weinstein's success, meanwhile the Predator in Chief makes them gush from spewing hourly lies.

And now there's chatter that North Korea hack stole South Korea's war plans. More about her emails & Kaepernick though because bigly.
Oct 10, 2017 8:19 PM
0 0
It's funny (not haha) that at several times in history, Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Harvey Weinstein and Jeffery Epstein have all partied together.
Oct 10, 2017 9:52 PM
0 0
Janson JinnistanIt's funny (not haha) that at several times in history, Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, Harvey Weinstein and Jeffery Epstein have all partied together.

At least Bill Clinton cried, bit his lip, waggled his finger, and defined the word "is" at the sub-atomic level. Give the man points for that.

Stuff I hear about the "Lolita Express" is beyond concerning. You wonder if the Pizzagate nutters were on to something.?
Oct 10, 2017 10:11 PM
0 0
I'm still not sure what to make of the N. Korea situation. For weeks, with this whole build up over the summer, I was pretty sure that it was just Trump's blathering distraction (stay tuned!) from his other foibles. But the stuff with Tillerson seemed to take his famed hyperbolic puffery to its limit, and I started to wonder if Trump is even coherent enough to see what he was provoking.

Now, what I believe is that Trump is insane, and has been observably insane for several months now. Of course I also believe that Trump may face impeachment, and I think that he cracked somewhere after Mueller was appointed and he realized that he no longer had brakes on that train. So, Trump is feeling cornered, paranoid, desperate. Everyone knows that he's itching to use nukes, even if only the smaller tactical ones, completely unaware of the pandora precedent that would set. He also wants to tear up the Iranian deal, and it won't be a year before they're enriching like Wonka, especially with Saudi Arabia inking billion dollar weapons deals. Finally, Trump gets the kind of placid inspiration found in exhausted children, and decides that if he could take out Kim with a small tactical nuke, the casualties couldn't outweigh the fact that he just saved the world from a madman and disarmed this threat to millions. It might even work for awhile, if the media decides to cheerlead like Iraq. But eventually, with an arms race in the Middle East and escalations in the Pacific where both Russia and China have said that a US military presence in N. Korea is unacceptable, the global stability will only further crater.

This happened, I believe. The thought processes, I mean. And Kelly, McMaster and Mattis learned about it, and have been trying to "care" for him as much as possible so that these impulsive tantrums that we see on Twitter aren't manifested in his executive decisions. But what Kelly, McMaster and Mattis have also learned is that Trump is guilty as sin, and not even just with Russian collusion. Look at Corker's words, where he says that most of the Senate knows the deal. They know that it's a matter of time before Mueller drops the gavel. Trump is being "contained" on a daily basis. Kelly is tightly controlling his media diet. On the one hand, they don't want Trump to panic if he knows of imminent impeachment, and on the other, they have to act as some bulwark against his "chaos".

There used to be a old rumor that the soldier charged with guarding the "football" has been trained that if and when a president orders a first strike, they are to place a single round through his temple. It's probably not true, but seems way more comforting right now than it should.
Oct 10, 2017 10:21 PM
0 0
Janson JinnistanI'm still not sure what to make of the N. Korea situation. ?For weeks, with this whole build up over the summer, I was pretty sure that it was just Trump's blathering distraction (stay tuned!) from his other foibles. ?But the stuff with Tillerson seemed to take his famed hyperbolic puffery to its limit, and I started to wonder if Trump is even coherent enough to see what he was provoking.

Now, what I believe is that Trump is insane, and has been observably insane for several months now. ?Of course I also believe that Trump may face impeachment, and I think that he cracked somewhere after Mueller was appointed and he realized that he no longer had brakes on that train. ?So, Trump is feeling cornered, paranoid, desperate. ?Everyone knows that he's itching to use nukes, even if only the smaller tactical ones, completely unaware of the pandora precedent that would set. ?He also wants to tear up the Iranian deal, and it won't be a year before they're enriching like Wonka, especially with Saudi Arabia inking billion dollar weapons deals. ?Finally, Trump gets the kind of placid inspiration found in exhausted children, and decides that if he could take out Kim with a small tactical nuke, the casualties couldn't outweigh the fact that he just saved the world from a madman and disarmed this threat to millions. ?It might even work for awhile, if the media decides to cheerlead like Iraq. ?But eventually, with an arms race in the Middle East and escalations in the Pacific where both Russia and China have said that a US military presence in N. Korea is unacceptable, the global stability will only further crater.

This happened, I believe. ?The thought processes, I mean. ?And Kelly, McMaster and Mattis learned about it, and have been trying to "care" for him as much as possible so that these impulsive tantrums that we see on Twitter aren't manifested in his executive decisions. ?But what Kelly, McMaster and Mattis have also learned is that Trump is guilty as sin, and not even just with Russian collusion. ?Look at Corker's words, where he says that most of the Senate knows the deal. ?They know that it's a matter of time before Mueller drops the gavel. ?Trump is being "contained" on a daily basis. ?Kelly is tightly controlling his media diet. ?On the one hand, they don't want Trump to panic if he knows of imminent impeachment, and on the other, they have to act as some bulwark against his "chaos".

There used to be a old rumor that the soldier charged with guarding the "football" has been trained that if and when a president orders a first strike, they are to place a single round through his temple. ?It's probably not true, but seems way more comforting right now than it should.

Relax Janson. This too shall pass.
Oct 10, 2017 10:25 PM
0 0
Puffin NubbinsYou wonder if the Pizzagate nutters were on to something.?

There's also been long-standing rumors of pedophilia - or even more extreme, child sacrifice - at the Bohemian Grove. So whenever a Dennis Hastert or a Mark Foley emerge, people make the same connections. You heard about the "soul-cooking" though, right? I mean,.there's lots of other aspects about the Pizzagate theory that make it suspiciously unlikely.
Oct 10, 2017 10:26 PM
0 0
Puffin NubbinsRelax Janson. This too shall pass.

Famous last words.
Oct 10, 2017 10:28 PM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
Puffin NubbinsYou wonder if the Pizzagate nutters were on to something.?

There's also been long-standing rumors of pedophilia - or even more extreme, child sacrifice - at the Bohemian Grove. ?So whenever a Dennis Hastert or a Mark Foley emerge, people make the same connections. ?You heard about the "soul-cooking" though, right? ?I mean,.there's lots of other aspects about the Pizzagate theory that make it suspiciously unlikely.

Honestly, I haven't read much about it, but I know that it is WAYYYY out there to satanic ritural abuse levels.

What do you think of the Lolita Express?
Oct 10, 2017 10:36 PM
0 0
Puffin NubbinsWhat do you think of the Lolita Express?

I think that 13 months is not a sufficient sentence for raping and pimping over 40 children.

Jeffery Epstein has another friend, Jean Luc Brunel, a talent agent for models, procuring for Victoria's Secret among other firms, who happens to enjoy date-rape drugs. This is not secret behavior, and has been reported since the 90s. Brunel has never been arrested, and instead, newcomers to Paris are warned not to accept any drinks from him. Brunel supplied Epstein with several girls, as young as 12.

Jeffery Epstein has never apologized for this behavior. To this day, he believes his interaction with these children to have been innocent. All of his procurers and assistants were given immunity in the plea deal. I think that Epstein may still own the largest residence on Manhattan Island. I think that the child he purchased from impoverished Yugoslav parents to be his sex slave still lives there.
Oct 10, 2017 11:03 PM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
Puffin NubbinsWhat do you think of the Lolita Express?

I think that 13 months is not a sufficient sentence for raping and pimping over 40 children.

Jeffery Epstein has another friend, Jean Luc Brunel, a talent agent for models, procuring for Victoria's Secret among other firms, who happens to enjoy date-rape drugs. ?This is not secret behavior, and has been reported since the 90s. ?Brunel has never been arrested, and instead, newcomers to Paris are warned not to accept any drinks from him. ?Brunel supplied Epstein with several girls, as young as 12.

Jeffery Epstein has never apologized for this behavior. ?To this day, he believes his interaction with these children to have been innocent. ?All of his procurers and assistants were given immunity in the plea deal. ?I think that Epstein may still own the largest residence on Manhattan Island. ?I think that the child he purchased from impoverished Yugoslav parents to be his sex slave still lives there.

Damn.
Oct 10, 2017 11:14 PM
0 0
There's a story that Nixon was drunk and ordered a nuke to be used after?North Korea shot down a US spy plane over the Sea of Japan. Kissinger got on the phone to the Joint Chiefs and got them to agree to stand down until Nixon sobered up the next morning.

http://http://www.businessinsider.com/drunk-richard-nixon-nuke-north-korea-2017-1

Here's hoping something / someone similar is in place for when Trump goes crazy.
Oct 11, 2017 1:06 PM
0 0
BadLieutenant

Thanks for the insight. I guess I was just thinking about the number of votes separating Clinton and Trump being greater in Pennsylvania than the other two. In all likelihood, Pennsylvania might have been easier for him to win than Wisconsin because of Scott Walker's voter ID law.?
Oct 11, 2017 2:14 PM
0 0
Eminem 'The Storm'

Having Em go at you hard probably not great for your sassy image.
Oct 12, 2017 3:40 AM
0 0
I don't know how reputable some of those anonymously-sourced quotes are but someone should tell Trump that life is too short to be working in a job you dislike.
Oct 12, 2017 3:52 AM
0 0
Oxnard MontalvoI don't know how reputable some of those anonymously-sourced quotes are but someone should tell Trump that life is too short to be working in a job you dislike.

I think you may be talking about this story, but there have been an alarming number in the last couple of weeks.

One of my favorite stories was how Tillerson needed to spend an hour explaining to Trump why we couldn't allow bribery between US companies and foreign governments. And in the article above, he needs to be told what the 25th Amendment is. Neither are as alarming as Trump needing to be explained why we can't use nukes simply because we have them on hand. It follows a pattern of not just Trump's lack of understanding of ethics and the law, but his inability to want to learn and inability to think more than two steps ahead of his current move. The number of stories of his advisors saying some variation of "Trump has not yet realized the full implications" has been consistent enough to take for granted as the reality of the situation.

Of course (*pat*), nothing in that VF article or these other stories about frustrated babysitters contradicts my theory above about something like a medicated nursery coup afoot. No one, from prominent Republicans to - as we're more frequently learning - his own staff, expect him to remain in office by 2020. The goal is to keep him from doing anything too crazy until that point. We may learn years from now that we've just narrowly avoided a completely unnecessary nuclear war recently that, until then, we can blissfully not have to be grateful about.
Oct 12, 2017 10:00 AM
0 0
m'yeah. and no doubt his recent threat to leave Puerto Rico(!!!) is another thing that slipped by The Adults in the Room. this is a damn heavy cost to pay for a Republican tax bill, I tell ya.
Oct 12, 2017 3:26 PM
0 0
So the stock market going up helps pay down the national debt. Interesting. Never knew that.
Oct 13, 2017 1:57 PM
0 0