I'm starting to loathe the actions of President Trump

North Korea tested its 6th nuke, claiming missile capability

FUCK. RIGHT. OFF. EVERYTHING
Sep 3, 2017 7:06 AM
1 0
Sorcerer Supreme NamelessNorth Korea tested its 6th nuke, claiming missile capability

On top of that, Trump is now calling out South Korea on Twitter, threatening to terminate our free trade treaty with them, like supportive allies tend to do. And Mnuchin is also threatening to suspend trade with China unless they cut Kim off. Long story short, that would initiate a trade war the scale of which hasn't been seen in modern global times, and no one has much of an idea what the extent of economic damage it will entail, mostly due to a lack of interest in speculating on the possibility that even a terminally deranged president could enact such a stupid stupid foreign policy decision.
Sep 4, 2017 12:46 AM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
Sorcerer Supreme NamelessNorth Korea tested its 6th nuke, claiming missile capability

On top of that, Trump is now calling out South Korea on Twitter, threatening to terminate our free trade treaty with them, like supportive allies tend to do. ?And Mnuchin is also threatening to suspend trade with China unless they cut Kim off. ?Long story short, that would initiate a trade war the scale of which hasn't been seen in modern global times, and no one has much of an idea what the extent of economic damage it will entail, mostly due to a lack of interest in speculating on the possibility that even a terminally deranged president could enact such a stupid stupid foreign policy decision.

Sep 4, 2017 12:52 AM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
?threatening to suspend trade with China?

Sep 4, 2017 1:00 AM
0 0
Sep 4, 2017 1:12 AM
0 0
"Mr. President, you can't threaten North Korea and China simultaneously!"

"Congratulations, you just gave me a reason to do exactly that."

"What reason?"

"Spite."
Sep 4, 2017 1:35 AM
0 0
So this dude calls the Prime Minister of Japan and starts saying "We have the best nuclear, believe me."
Sep 4, 2017 2:33 AM
0 0
MKS
Between Trump's bungling of Harvey and announcing the end of DACA, his politics are starting to feel like very personal attacks on my friends and family.

I hope Mueller can save us but it feels like too much to hope for.
Sep 4, 2017 3:57 AM
0 0
Why are we doing anything vaguely diplomatic over TWITTER?

Jesus.
Sep 5, 2017 1:52 PM
0 0
Trump predicts Hurricane Irma, a Category 5 storm, could be 'not good'
While not an Onion headline it would be a 'good' one.
Sep 6, 2017 7:53 PM
0 0
He was so unbelievably tone deaf when he was here in Houston after Harvey hit. At one point, he was being his stupid rah-rah self, and actually said to survivors and evacuees, that lost everything, to "have a good time."

Sep 6, 2017 11:22 PM
0 0
This story from last week, of the resignations of a quarter of Trump's cybersecurity advisors due to what they describe as his "insufficient attention" to emerging cyber threats, got lost in the shuffle of the steady drumbeat of other depressing stories. The head of the State Department's cyber office also resigned last month, because Tillerson had decided to fold the office under an "economic and business affairs" office, essentially a demotion.

Trump's international cyber strategy is due by the end of the month, as per his executive order, and there seems to be fewer and fewer people with the confidence to stick around by then.
Sep 7, 2017 1:44 AM
0 0
Robin McDonaldTrump predicts Hurricane Irma, a Category 5 storm, could be 'not good'
While not an Onion headline it would be a 'good' one.

Double plus ungood.
Sep 7, 2017 2:57 AM
0 0
Rather than Double Plus good he used Not good ?"Believe me, not good." Same meaning.

Sep 8, 2017 12:02 AM
0 0
What if North Korea detonated a nuclear EMP?

Wiping out America's grid? Would the retaliation be lethal nuclear?
Sep 8, 2017 6:24 AM
0 0
Nothing to do with Trump but here is a trivial annoyance about the hurricane. ?For days I have been hearing about a shortage of bottled water and price gouging and how awful that is. Meanwhile there is no shortage of things to put water in. Everbody in Florida has a working tap. In a crisis they can't drink tap water? I don't get it.
Sep 8, 2017 8:25 PM
0 0
Robin McDonaldNothing to do with Trump but here is a trivial annoyance about the hurricane. ?For days I have been hearing about a shortage of bottled water and price gouging and how awful that is. Meanwhile there is no shortage of things to put water in. Everbody in Florida has a working tap. I a crisis they can't drink tap water? I don't get it.

Water systems get compromised pretty easily. I live along the Ohio river, and our drinking water is sourced from that and heavily treated. Even still, anytime there is a massive main break or a surge in the river we are put under a boil advisory. We had one a few years ago due to the drought-like conditions causing a musty algae taste. The storm surge may contaminate the water.?
Also, I'm not entirely sure, but some locations may not rely on water towers to supply water. They may be pumping water to the areas instead of using gravity, so loss of electricity may mean loss of water pressure. I grew up on well water. If our power was knocked out, we were thirsty..
Sep 8, 2017 8:45 PM
0 0
Robin McDonaldEverbody in Florida has a working tap. I a crisis they can't drink tap water? I don't get it.

Maybe they just don't like the taste of hexavalent chromium.

But if your intention is to be outraged at the extraordinary prevalence of hexavalent chromium in American drinking water over the past 20 years, then I can get behind that. But if you're simply acting surprised why no one trusts their drinking water in 2017, then I have nothing to tell you other than maybe google some shit about your drinking water sometime.
Sep 8, 2017 8:46 PM
0 0
TeamCanadaWhat if North Korea detonated a nuclear EMP?

Wiping out America's grid? Would the retaliation be lethal nuclear?

Most likely.
Sep 10, 2017 6:55 AM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
Robin McDonaldEverbody in Florida has a working tap. I a crisis they can't drink tap water? I don't get it.

Maybe they just don't like the taste of hexavalent chromium.

But if your intention is to be outraged at the extraordinary prevalence of hexavalent chromium in American drinking water over the past 20 years, then I can get behind that. But if you're simply acting surprised why no one trusts their drinking water in 2017, then I have nothing to tell you other than maybe google some shit about your drinking water sometime.

Los Angeles Department of Water and Power drinking water is considered some of the best drinking water in the country. New York City tap water is also considered the best tasting. Pen and Teller used New York City tapwater on Bullshit to mock bottled water for taste and quality. I am not sure my water is LADWP. But it doesn't have any bad taste or flavor of any kind. I've been to Florida and at least in Miami Tampa and Ft Lauderdale which are going to get his hardest the water tastes good. The other thing is there is going to be no shortage of fresh water today anywhere in Florida.
Sep 10, 2017 9:31 AM
0 0