The thread in which we sift through the smoldering wreckage of the American experiment

So Bannon is out and apparently Breitbart is gearing up to start attacking the executive branch, bu maybe not by starting directly with Trump.
Aug 18, 2017 5:21 PM
0 0
Thanks for the info, wirthling!
Aug 18, 2017 5:40 PM
0 0
Trump's Art of the Deal ghostwriter seems confident Trump will resign and somehow try to spin it as a victory for him.

As much as the idea of President Pence horrifies me, I hope he's right. Can the world really take another 1,250 days of this shit?
Aug 18, 2017 6:31 PM
0 0
Ivan the TerribleTrump's Art of the Deal ghostwriter seems confident Trump will resign and somehow try to spin it as a victory for him.

As much as the idea of President Pence horrifies me, I hope he's right. Can the world really take another 1,250 days of this shit?

I don't know if he's right, but that guy has made some pretty good predictions before:

Alan Rappeport"If he had to be briefed on a crisis in the Situation Room, it's impossible to imagine him paying attention over a long period of time," Mr. Schwartz said of Mr. Trump's inability to focus.

Aug 18, 2017 6:56 PM
0 0
If Trump resigns, and Pence becomes president, there's more likely to be a meaningful G.O.P. challenger to Pence int the 2020 primaries. Not that I'd be excited by the likely candidates, but I could at least hope the nominee isn't a Christian fundamentalist.
Aug 18, 2017 8:43 PM
0 0
PaquitoIf Trump resigns, and Pence becomes president, there's more likely to be a meaningful G.O.P. challenger to Pence int the 2020 primaries. Not that I'd be excited by the likely candidates, but I could at least hope the nominee isn't a Christian fundamentalist.

Kasich?
Aug 18, 2017 8:56 PM
0 0
Meow
?Esoteric AllusionThe pro-Trump rally and Juggalo march on D.C. happening in the same day a month from now offers the possibility of street violence between hardcore Trump supporters and Juggalos. If that goes down, that will be as surefire of a "this can't be real life" moment as we've had this year.

(The Juggalos are actually marching for a good cause and hopefully their protest is effective.)

This is going to break my brain.

There is a psychic who in 1997 predicted that 20 years hence there would be a major race riot where thousands of Juggalos clashed in Washington D.C. with fans of Donald Trump with the Juggalos being the forces of justice. The psychic was promptly institutionalized.
Aug 19, 2017 1:26 AM
0 0
Ivan the TerribleTrump's Art of the Deal ghostwriter seems confident Trump will resign and somehow try to spin it as a victory for him.

He also predicted that if Donald Trump won the election, he would usher in a nuclear holocaust. Let's hope that not all his predictions are correct.
Aug 19, 2017 1:29 AM
0 0
Esoteric Allusion

He also predicted that if Donald Trump won the election, he would usher in a nuclear holocaust. Let's hope that not all his predictions are correct.

To be fair, he only said there's an excellent possibility Trump with the nuclear codes could lead to "the end of civilization."
Aug 19, 2017 1:37 AM
0 0
I once thought that if someone came forward and "did the right thing" regarding Trump, that it would be more harmful than good, and lend a lot of credence to his cause. I'm starting to think that he might be so singularly bad that doing this might have to be something someone eventually does. Everyone would denounce him/her, but that's part of the sacrifice that person would make on the behalf of humanity.
Aug 19, 2017 2:15 AM
0 0
ZubenI once thought that if someone came forward and "did the right thing" regarding Trump, that it would be more harmful than good, and lend a lot of credence to his cause. I'm starting to think that he might be so singularly bad that doing this might have to be something someone eventually does. Everyone would denounce him/her, but that's part of the sacrifice that person would make on the behalf of humanity.

You're talking about, after he manhandled the Montengran PM, somebody suddenly darting into frame, popping him in the mouth, and watching him cry when he fell on his fat ass, right? I wanted to see that too.
Aug 19, 2017 3:17 AM
0 0
Okay, I just "re-watched" the footage of him with the PM of Montengro, and the camera angle, gestures and light source were all different in this video. What the fuck? Did he pay to have it re-enacted? He was a lot more aggressive and childish in the first video I saw.
Aug 19, 2017 5:07 AM
0 0
Okay okay, I've reviewed the video through other sources and apparently I've lost my mind. I "saw" Mr. Trump grab the PM by the shoulders or the back of his collar to get all "fuck outta my way" in a room backlit by complete sunlight. The videos on every single YouTube channel say otherwise. I've clearly drank my own mind away. But at least I'm not my president.
Aug 19, 2017 6:00 AM
0 0
ZubenI once thought that if someone came forward and "did the right thing" regarding Trump, that it would be more harmful than good, and lend a lot of credence to his cause. I'm starting to think that he might be so singularly bad that doing this might have to be something someone eventually does. Everyone would denounce him/her, but that's part of the sacrifice that person would make on the behalf of humanity.

I still think that a major danger we need to be on the look out for is Trump being Sulla and a smarter Trump down the road exploiting the same phenomenon he did with more political efficiency. One of the things that could reduce the odds of that happening is if Trump and those he's allied with suffers a major political defeat. That can't happen if someone removes him from the system.

I know Bigwig likes to mock me for it, but I still occasionally pay attention to religious right media. They are whipped up into what seems like a civil-war like frenzy. There's a lot of barely coded talk about violence against liberals. I've never seen anything like it. And that's with total Republican control of the government. It's quite disturbing and under-covered. I'd like to think that if Trump were "taken out" Pence being a fundamentalist dream candidate would cool their tempers, but I'm not absolutely confident in that.
Aug 20, 2017 1:29 PM
0 0
Esoteric Allusion

I still think that a major danger we need to be on the look out for is Trump being Sulla and a smarter Trump down the road exploiting the same phenomenon he did with more political efficiency. One of the things that could reduce the odds of that happening is if Trump and those he's allied with suffers a major political defeat. That can't happen if someone removes him from the system.

I know Bigwig likes to mock me for it, but I still occasionally pay attention to religious right media. They are whipped up into what seems like a civil-war like frenzy. There's a lot of barely coded talk about violence against liberals. I've never seen anything like it. And that's with total Republican control of the government. It's quite disturbing and under-covered. I'd like to think that if Trump were "taken out" Pence being a fundamentalist dream candidate would cool their tempers, but I'm not absolutely confident in that.

The only circumstance in which Trump being assassinated would be worth the fallout would be if Trump really is about to lead us into a massively destructive war through sheer self-aggrandizing stupidity. Better that he dies than watch him kill off a large chunk of the population of the Korean peninsula because he thinks a war will give him a bump in the polls.

Otherwise, yeah, a Trump assassination would be disaster. Trump held up as a martyr against radical left wing extremism would be a horrifying thing to behold. We're better off with him discrediting himself and his followers a little more every day through incompetence, just so long as the incompetence in question doesn't have permanently disastrous effects like the extinction of human life.
Aug 20, 2017 2:11 PM
0 0
Aug 21, 2017 6:07 PM
0 0
Aug 21, 2017 6:59 PM
0 0
Aug 21, 2017 7:06 PM
0 0
Meow

What do "scientists" and "doctors" really know anyway? #FakeScience
Aug 21, 2017 7:50 PM
0 0