The thread in which we sift through the smoldering wreckage of the American experiment

CaesarTheBootySqueezer
MadManI imagine its the start of voter intimidation tactics. Its what you do when your ratings are among the lowest for any presidency in history.

I think it's what you do when the demographics of the nation are trending against you as a party.? This move is bigger than Trump, it's something the Republicans have been working on for decades.

Oh yeah. Gotta work on ending gerrymandering and voter ID laws, five years ago.
Jul 17, 2017 6:03 AM
0 0
wirthlingSomebody needs to figure out how to get Mensch and Alex Jones going after each other, for the lols.

The level of crazy would be off the charts.
Jul 17, 2017 6:03 AM
0 0
PaquitoThat's a pretty weird thing for you to do, since I pointed out exactly why it was obvious.

I saw where you pointed out something about not wanting to write a detailed post about it.

PaquitoFYI: Greenwald was contacted by the guy who made the fakes, and he verified things that were unique about the copy Buzzfeed got that no one could have known without seeing it.

Well, it's adorable that Greenwald is getting chummy with the forgery troll, and thanks for verifying that the Buzzfeed copy was unique from the one Maddow received. Maybe Glenn can point out to his new source that he's a piece of garbage.

Before we side step the main issue however, I should reiterate that blaming Maddow's overzealousness on pursuing the Russia story by using the example of her refusing to bite scoop bait is still irrevocably dumb. A lot of Russian skeptics are trying to save face right now.
Jul 17, 2017 6:00 PM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan

Well, it's adorable that Greenwald is getting chummy with the forgery troll, and thanks for verifying that the Buzzfeed copy was unique from the one Maddow received. ?Maybe Glenn can point out to his new source that he's a piece of garbage.

Before we side step the main issue however, I should reiterate that blaming Maddow's overzealousness on pursuing the Russia story by using the example of her refusing to bite scoop bait is still irrevocably dumb. ?A lot of Russian skeptics are trying to save face right now.

Someone call Thomas Nagel. Janson Jinnistan knows what it's like to be a bat... shit crazy Glenn Beck fan. Seriously, it's bizarre to see just how warped your interpretation of all this is.

Also, You keep using that word, skeptic. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Jul 17, 2017 6:49 PM
0 0
PaquitoSomeone call Thomas Nagel. Janson Jinnistan knows what it's like to be a bat... shit crazy Glenn Beck fan. Seriously, it's bizarre to see just how warped your interpretation of all this is.

Yes, there's nothing insane about interpreting my defense of Maddow's warning other news outlets of forgeries being disseminated as equivalent to being a Glenn Beck fan.

PaquitoAlso, You keep using that word, skeptic. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I imagine you don't think about much at all, but to clarify, in this context, I mean that sufficient evidence to date should put a lot of Greenwald's criticism over the "hysteria" to rest. At a certain point, it's his denial that's most hysterical.
Jul 17, 2017 6:59 PM
0 0
Janson Jinnistan
PaquitoSomeone call Thomas Nagel. Janson Jinnistan knows what it's like to be a bat... shit crazy Glenn Beck fan. Seriously, it's bizarre to see just how warped your interpretation of all this is.

Yes, there's nothing insane about interpreting my defense of Maddow's warning other news outlets of forgeries being disseminated as equivalent to being a Glenn Beck fan. ?

Bahahahahaha. I'm going to enjoy slapping you out of your bubble.
Jul 17, 2017 7:18 PM
0 0
PaquitoI'm going to enjoy slapping you out of your bubble.

Considering how exceptionally petty this issue is, I don't doubt your desire.
Jul 17, 2017 7:26 PM
0 0
Guys, we--except Nim--did it. McConnellcare is dead.
Jul 18, 2017 1:28 AM
0 0
Infinitus CorsairGuys, we--except Nim--did it. McConnellcare is dead.

I'm excited because I get to keep my healthcare.
Jul 18, 2017 1:39 AM
0 0
Meow

I'm excited because I get to keep my healthcare.

For the pedantic: I get to have healthcare I can afford which covers services I use.
Jul 18, 2017 1:40 AM
0 0

I wish they would stop trying. This is exhausting.
Jul 18, 2017 2:59 AM
0 0
Oh I am sure they will try again. Paul Ryan hates the poor so much.
Jul 18, 2017 5:06 AM
0 0

Nim can sleep easy, they're talking full repeal now.
Jul 18, 2017 6:00 AM
0 0
Chris Cillizza's AMA is going so bad, you should CTRL+F to find the Washington Post's account throwing him a lifeline.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/6o1ea5/im_chris_cillizza_editor_at_large_for_cnn/
Jul 18, 2017 3:59 PM
0 0
MeowChris Cillizza's AMA is going so bad, you should CTRL+F to find the Washington Post's account throwing him a lifeline.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/6o1ea5/im_chris_cillizza_editor_at_large_for_cnn/

I wish I could vote this one up...

BackOff_ImAScientistOregon
How does it feel to be the real word [sic] version of Tim Messenger from Hot Fuzz?

You even look like him, too.

Jul 18, 2017 4:17 PM
0 0
whathaveicreated

I don't understand why they don't run with my idea of secretly poisoning everyone who applies for Medicaid.
Jul 18, 2017 4:28 PM
0 0
Another good one...

dontwaitletsgo
Hey Chris,
How come you're putting more effort into finding the least critical questions to respond to than you have into being a good journalist over the entire span of your career?
Jul 18, 2017 4:40 PM
0 0
I am not happy that Ann Coulter stumbled into a self-sustaining publicity machine and I am also too weak to resist it.
Jul 19, 2017 1:29 AM
0 0
Meow
whathaveicreated

I don't understand why they don't run with my idea of secretly poisoning everyone who applies for Medicaid.

Jesus, do you know what the running cost of that would be? Most fast acting neurotoxins are in short supply, and expensive. And that's not even taking into account body removal and disposal. I mean...at least put them in forced labor camps where they can pay off their debt to society, only after which they can be dropped kicking and screaming into a grave they themselves dug.
Jul 19, 2017 2:26 AM
0 0
According to a recent PPP poll, only 45% of Trump voters believe that Trump Jr. had a meeting with Russians.

I am curious how much of that response is "Fuck you poller. Trump is awesome!" despite knowing the correct answer. Unfortunately, I suspect it's not even the bulk of it.
Jul 19, 2017 3:53 AM
1 0