The thread in which we sift through the smoldering wreckage of the American experiment

Ivan the TerribleThe man who is writing Donald Trump's speech on Islam, to be delivered in Saudi Arabia, is Steve Miller. The creepy fascist guy who wrote the Muslim travel ban, and also the "American carnage" inaugural address.

This is going to be a must-watch speech.

The Trump administration is my favorite TV show. After a few weeks off, we also get the Comey in front of congress.
May 19, 2017 11:26 PM
0 0
May 19, 2017 11:28 PM
0 0
MeowOh, and the White House is trying to figure out ways to defang Mueller's ability to carry out his job.

That's an insane defense. The ethics rules in place they are trying to invoke are designed to prevent a conflict of interest between former employers and employees. In this case, Mueller's former firm currently represents Kushner, meaning the ethics ruling is invoked because Mueller might be MORE sympathetic to Kushner, not less. It's like the logic of firing Comey because he was unfair to Hillary Clinton.

Edit: I suppose Mueller could also have a vendetta against his former employer, so it goes both ways. Even then, this administration admits to favoritism and/or firing people out of spite, so it still has no ground to stand on here.
May 20, 2017 12:22 AM
0 0
May 20, 2017 1:06 AM
0 0
MeowCNN says Russians were bragging about being able to use Flynn to influence Trump.?This is the stupidest White House ever.

Dana Gould had a spot on assessment of Trump contained within one Tweet:

"I read this:
Trump is a dumb person's idea of a smart person, a poor person's idea of a rich person, and a coward's idea of a brave person."
May 20, 2017 5:26 AM
0 0
Would someone mind diving into alt-right forums and tell us how Trump's visit to Saudi Arabia is playing there?
May 20, 2017 2:41 PM
0 0

The quick etiquette rules for Trump's entourage.

"Bannon, I get your argument, but 'mudslimes' is not a scientific term."
May 20, 2017 6:20 PM
0 0
PaquitoWould someone mind diving into alt-right forums and tell us how Trump's visit to Saudi Arabia is playing there?

Reddit's horrorshow Trump forum was shut down by its moderators out of protest because they felt being told not to send death threats to reporters was censorship, so I dunno.
May 20, 2017 6:22 PM
0 0
The Saudis gave Trump a medal. Why is that hilarious to me?
May 20, 2017 6:46 PM
0 0
MosesThe Saudis gave Trump a medal. Why is that hilarious to me?

Because he's going to talk about it non-stop. The Saudis knew how to get his attention because it'll literally be the only thing he remembers about his visit.
May 20, 2017 7:08 PM
0 0
Meow

Because he's going to talk about it non-stop. The Saudis knew how to get his attention because it'll literally be the only thing he remembers about his visit.

In fairness, it's been given to many other heads-of-state including both George W. Bush and Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin, and head-of-government Teresa May. It's ridiculous to give medals for successfully flying into Saudi Arabia, but it just seems more ridiculous to give it to Trump. And I will bet anybody here that if Trump makes it out alive/free after his Presidency, he'll try to auction it off.
May 20, 2017 7:26 PM
0 0
This ass kissing is the perfect way for them to endear themselves to Trump. I wonder if it might make Trump's worldview to shift, ever so slightly, towards a less outright hostile stance on Muslims.
May 20, 2017 7:32 PM
0 0

Was it the little curtsy?
May 20, 2017 8:09 PM
0 0
Moses
Meow

In fairness, it's been given to many other heads-of-state including both George W. Bush and Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin, and head-of-government Teresa May. It's ridiculous to give medals for successfully flying into Saudi Arabia, but it just seems more ridiculous to give it to Trump. And I will bet anybody here that if Trump makes it out alive/free ?after his Presidency, he'll try to auction it off.

Israel better give bro something shiny too. Chocolate coins, maybe?
May 20, 2017 8:12 PM
0 0
Meow
Moses
Meow

In fairness, it's been given to many other heads-of-state including both George W. Bush and Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin, and head-of-government Teresa May. It's ridiculous to give medals for successfully flying into Saudi Arabia, but it just seems more ridiculous to give it to Trump. And I will bet anybody here that if Trump makes it out alive/free ?after his Presidency, he'll try to auction it off.

Israel better give bro something shiny too. Chocolate coins, maybe?

I mean, you know he's going to put it in some tacky case and show it to everyone. Whereas May probably put hers in storage and Putin gave it to teething orphans after coating it in an experimental poison.
May 20, 2017 8:40 PM
0 0
Looks like David Clarke plagiarized extensively for his master's thesis because of course he did:

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/05/politics/sheriff-clarke-plagiarism/
May 21, 2017 3:10 AM
0 0
Man, Fox apparently is heavily pushing the conspiracy theory that Seth Rich leaked documents to Wikileaks and Dems had him assassinated to frame Russians. This means that there's going to be a huge number of conservatives who believe this, but think investigations into Trump are a conspiratorial witch hunt.
May 21, 2017 4:57 PM
0 0
The "Trump doesn't shit himself while reading a speech" news is going to be the most infuriating news of his Presidency.
May 21, 2017 5:25 PM
0 0
MeowThe "Trump doesn't shit himself while reading a speech" news is going to be the most infuriating news of his Presidency.

I mean, it's pretty much "BREAKING NEWS: Leader of the free world not totally illiterate."
May 21, 2017 5:27 PM
0 0
Meow
MeowThe "Trump doesn't shit himself while reading a speech" news is going to be the most infuriating news of his Presidency.

I mean, it's pretty much "BREAKING NEWS: Leader of the free world not totally illiterate."

There's another layer is that Barack Obama, one of the best speech writers and orators in the history of the presidency, was frequently described as a dolt dependent on the teleprompter in conservative circles. There was a heavy racist vibe to this as he was described as an "Affirmative action president" meaning that he got a relative pass for being so bad at thinking 'cause he's black.

So Obama reads a speech off a teleprompter and he's an empty suit who just knows how to read. Nevermind that Obama wrote more of his speeches than most presidents.

Trump on occasion manages to read a speech written for him off a teleprompter, usually badly, and it proves he finally knows how to be presidential. All hail Trump.
May 21, 2017 7:11 PM
0 0