PEW! PEW! PEW! The Video Game Thread!

KenjiCuphead is great but exhausting. I just sat down to beat one boss (Baroness Von Bon Bon - about 10 deaths) and decided that was enough for now.

I've been going at it hard for two days now and I think I aged 10 years.
Sep 30, 2017 10:43 PM
0 0
let it goBridge-it Amstrad CPC 464

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfjNPGZBN0k

You can fuck right off with your fucking bullshit you little pervert.
Oct 3, 2017 2:40 PM
0 0
Should have Dragon's Dogma waiting in my mailbox when I get home.
Oct 3, 2017 5:04 PM
0 0
Started Little Nightmares but wasn't feeling like it was right for my mood so I put it aside for later.

Started Dishonored: Death of the Outsider instead, decent so far, not mind-blowing, but I remember thinking the same thing early about the first two games and ended up considering them both among my favorites, so we'll see where this goes.
Oct 4, 2017 4:02 AM
0 0
DeschainAnyone getting the SNES Classic or Cuphead today? Picked up the former this morning and the latter is currently downloading.

I paid via ebay, $191. 12pm est onsale wasn't as successful for me as 3am for my NES Classic last Nov.
Yes I know it's an online flip. I'm just not a turn my life off to line up for random chance shopper (I've never once gone outside for Boxing Day 4am line up or the like).
I know quantities are supposed be greater, yet so too surely will demand. I figured I could chance it out & run out of time, paying even more. Or just as annoying, ppl buying them with more ppl actually keeping them & omg actually playing & enjoying them.
So yeah, $200 was my max, it took a few auctions to win one (domestically, to avoid shipping chao$). That's the dollar value I have on that list of games to own, HD, new controllers, etc.
I've previously emulated Mario Kart & dabbled with other SNES titles on my desktop, yet it's not quite the same on a smaller screen using an XBOX controller.
I've already downloaded 20 more my fav titles to hack add, only once it's proven online that hackchi2 or anything else will legit work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U02Nr97x8UU Cuphead 3.5hrs gameplay & not even finished... jesus.
Oct 4, 2017 4:23 AM
0 0
Since it is that spooky time of the year I am playing Silent Hill 2 on the PS2. 4 hours in, and I am on my way to the bowling alley.

I never played this game back in the day so there is no nostalgia. Quite creepy and I am having a good time with the game. Looks nice on my TV with the component video cables going.? I've had to go to the internet for help about 4 times already. How was I supposed to know that the canned juice would help fix the garbage chute in the apartment laundry room? Oh well, still good stuff.
Oct 9, 2017 8:07 PM
0 0
Got a little drunk last night and bumped the wrong Video Game thread. Anyway, we all know NeoGAF is gone, but now it's back. I attempted to join the group over at Waypoint forums, but I don't know what the hell a microaggression is, or why people keep walking on eggshells instead of calling each other fucking cunts.

So anyway, video games are awesome. Fucking cunts are whiny. I'm currently juggling:

Pillars of Eternity (ps4)
Dragon's Dogma (ps4)
Fallout: New Vegas (PC)

Oct 24, 2017 11:14 AM
0 0
I was going to post this one for Halloween but never got around to it.

Top 5 Levels in Classic Castlevania (one per game)

5. Clock Tower - Super Castlevania IV

One of the few perfectly paced stages in Super Castlevania IV, the Clock Tower introduces a foreign concept to Castlevania: platforming that is actually fun! Play it on Hard mode for an added challenge.

4. Leaning Tower of Pisa - Castlevania Bloodlines

This is a creepy, disorienting level. Unlike Super Castlevania IV it uses gimmicky 16-bit tricks to great effect,
creating a mood that gets under my skin after a while.

3. Inner Walls - Castlevania

Redundant is not a word that I would use to describe the original Castlevania. With just a few enemy types, Level 3 manages to introduce a new challenge for every screen. Every encounter requires the player to carefully study what is going on before moving forward. This is one of the most thoughtfully constructed levels in the series. I love the added detail of Dracula's tower looming in the background at one point, establishing Dracula's castle as a place and not a series of disconnected areas.

2. Sunken City of Poltergeists - Castlevania III

This is one of the most beautiful levels in the series thanks to an emphasis on detailed architecture looming in the background
and blacks/blues that make the brighter colors really pop out. The sunken city level in Super Castlevania IV is so drab and underwhelming by comparison. The water rising near the end of the level is one of the most panic inducing moments in Castlevania, and the music heightens the intensity.

1. Chapel - Rondo of Blood

A perfectly paced, beautiful level. If you haven't played Rondo of Blood yet, give a shot.
Nov 14, 2017 6:56 PM
0 0
Kenji

This is one of the most beautiful levels in the series thanks to an emphasis on detailed architecture looming in the background
and blacks/blues that make the brighter colors really pop out. The sunken city level in Super Castlevania IV is so drab and underwhelming by comparison. The water rising near the end of the level is one of the most panic inducing moments in Castlevania, and the music heightens the intensity.

I should play this because the Sunken City in IV is one of my favorite classic Castlevania levels, the jazzy soundtrack being one of the main reasons.
Nov 14, 2017 7:00 PM
0 0
Kenji

I should play this because the Sunken City in IV is one of my favorite classic Castlevania levels, the jazzy soundtrack being one of the main reasons.
Nov 14, 2017 7:00 PM
0 0
The sunken city in SCIV is still fun. I was mainly talking in terms of visuals. One of my biggest problems with SCIV is the game's use of color. Too much grey and various shades of brown.

Edit: Hazel, please stop posting.
Nov 14, 2017 7:06 PM
0 0
Bump
Nov 15, 2017 4:35 AM
0 0
Finished The Wolf Among Us, liked it a good bit.

Have now gone back to Skyrim. My life, in the real world, may have ended.
Nov 16, 2017 5:27 AM
0 0
I defeated SCIV this past week, first time. Only ever rented it back in the day, easier now with the mini + saving.
My fav stage was the mode 7 spinning room. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5FsIWpF4gI

I'm playing FFIII also my first time. The SNES truly is beyond anything & I love it.
Nov 16, 2017 8:07 AM
0 0