PEW! PEW! PEW! The Video Game Thread!

WooleyAfter playing several less-than-inspiring games, I decided to replay original Bioshock remastered for PS4.

Yep, still the best game I ever played.

It's a good one. I think they did a great job with the port, too. Although some of the freakier game-freaks on NeoGAF went nuts at certain water effects looking different.

Wooley, have you played the Metro Redux games?
Mar 20, 2017 7:17 PM
0 0
http://mashable.com/2017/03/20/mass-effect-andromeda-reviews-round-up/

'Mass Effect: Andromeda' reviews are in: Bad game is bad

I wish I could say that I'm surprised but I'm not. Bioware has gone to hell over the last several years. The smart move would have been to hand the project over to Obsidian, it would have been buggy but still fantastic.

Anyway, I just started playing Dishonored 2, it's great so far. My only serious complaint is the "improved" stealth system, which is too frustrating to be fun. I gave up trying to be sneaky early on.
Mar 20, 2017 7:30 PM
0 0
Was holding out hope the new Mass Effect would be good but it's stunk of cash grab since its announcement.
Mar 20, 2017 8:33 PM
0 0
WooleyAfter playing several less-than-inspiring games, I decided to replay original Bioshock remastered for PS4.

It's a good one. I think they did a great job with the port, too. Although some of the freakier game-freaks on NeoGAF went nuts at certain water effects looking different.

I have not, haven't even heard of them, what's that about?
Mar 20, 2017 10:11 PM
0 0
Special Agent Cooper
http://mashable.com/2017/03/20/mass-effect-andromeda-reviews-round-up/

'Mass Effect: Andromeda' reviews are in: Bad game is bad

I wish I could say that I'm surprised but I'm not. Bioware has gone to hell over the last several years. The smart move would have been to hand the project over to Obsidian, it would have been buggy but still fantastic.

Anyway, I just started playing Dishonored 2, it's great so far. My only serious complaint is the "improved" stealth system, which is too frustrating to be fun. I gave up trying to be sneaky early on.

Dishonored 2 was damn good. I played it once as each character. I did stealth the hell out of it.
Mar 20, 2017 10:11 PM
0 0
Wooley
Dishonored 2 was damn good. I played it once as each character. I did stealth the hell out of it.

I just suck at stealth to begin with, and now that enemies are smarter than in the first game, I'm rather not take a year to finish it. Full-on massacre mode for me, although I'm sure I'll be punished with a dark ending.
Mar 20, 2017 10:24 PM
0 0
Wooley

First-Person Shooter based on a series of Russian novels, set in a post-apocalyptic Moscow. I grabbed both games off PSN for $14.99 in a sale. Only got through the first game, but it was a good time. Will jump into the sequel when my backlog gets whittled down.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/metro_redux/b/playstation4/archive/2014/08/26/a-post-apocalyptic-remodel.aspx
Mar 21, 2017 11:15 AM
0 0
Special Agent Cooper
Wooley

I just suck at stealth to begin with, and now that enemies are smarter than in the first game, I'm rather not take a year to finish it. Full-on massacre mode for me, although I'm sure I'll be punished with a dark ending.

But the stealth is what makes it fun! Wandering around trying to figure out "how do I make a path to where I need to go without having to kill everyone in the area", man that's the whole fun of the game for me. Blinking up to a ledge, cutting through an apartment and dropping down to take somebody out, then blinking away before the nearby patroller can see what happened, man that is so satisfying.
But you're right, it's a lot harder than it was in the previous games, the AI is much more likely to see you. I wasn't able to pull of an all-stealth game, but I was able to do non-lethal pretty well and, as you'll know from the first games, that actually changes the course and the outcome of the games.
Mar 21, 2017 2:35 PM
0 0
Wooley

First-Person Shooter based on a series of Russian novels, set in a post-apocalyptic Moscow. I grabbed both games off PSN for $14.99 in a sale. Only got through the first game, but it was a good time. Will jump into the sequel when my backlog gets whittled down.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/metro_redux/b/playstation4/archive/2014/08/26/a-post-apocalyptic-remodel.aspx

Sounds good, I'll check it out.
Mar 21, 2017 2:36 PM
0 0
Wooley
Special Agent Cooper
Wooley

But the stealth is what makes it fun! Wandering around trying to figure out "how do I make a path to where I need to go without having to kill everyone in the area", man that's the whole fun of the game for me. Blinking up to a ledge, cutting through an apartment and dropping down to take somebody out, then blinking away before the nearby patroller can see what happened, man that is so satisfying.
But you're right, it's a lot harder than it was in the previous games, the AI is much more likely to see you. I wasn't able to pull of an all-stealth game, but I was able to do non-lethal pretty well and, as you'll know from the first games, that actually changes the course and the outcome of the games.

But it's also fun to crush your enemies and leave death and destruction in your wake. I see what you mean though
Mar 21, 2017 7:35 PM
0 0