PEW! PEW! PEW! The Video Game Thread!

Original Poster
Couldn't find the old one. Actually, I was too lazy to look. OK, gamers. Press Start to enter.

I've been playing Diablo 3 on PS4 for a few weeks and I'm loving it. I had to play through the fucker twice because I accidentally overwrote my save info with a backup on USB.

Also in my current rotation:
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Witcher 3
Rebel Galaxy
Apr 13, 2016 7:11 AM
0 0
I have been playing Fallout 4 for ages. Whenever I finish that game (if I do), I plan on starting Witcher 3 or The Last of Us.
Apr 13, 2016 7:16 AM
0 0
King Elessar 8I have been playing Fallout 4 for ages. Whenever I finish that game (if I do), I plan on starting Witcher 3 or The Last of Us.

Both are great games.  

Witcher 3 is a bit of an odd duck.  It totally deserves the praise it gets in terms of story and graphics, but at the same time, many of the quests seem to go on for too long.  This leads to the classic "I'll do this thing for you if you do this one thing for me" scenario, but it feels like it's about 5 or 6 things you need to do for Character X in order to proceed.  And I felt it in mostly every story quest.  That bugged me.  But it's gorgeous, the gameplay is good (not great), and it's freakin' huge.  It's also the only game that I purchased the Season Pass for.

I also need to give TLoU another run, since I've only play through it on PS4.

As for Fallout 4, I screwed myself out of a whole bunch of quests for the Brotherhood of Steel by losing my temper and blowing them all away at the Police Station early on. So I only had Railroad and Institute quests to deal with. Story's over for me and I don't feel like there's anything else for me to do. I'm pretty sure I've done most of the side quests.
Apr 13, 2016 7:23 AM
0 0
Witcher 3 is the best game I've played since Baldur's Gate 2, absolutely fantastic.
Apr 13, 2016 7:31 AM
0 0
I'm playing Shovel Knight, which I love to death.  It's like they made a game with the best parts of Super Mario Bros. 3, DuckTales and Zelda II rolled into one.

I'm also playing Pillars of Eternity, which is a very good D&D-style PC RPG akin to Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.  Like those games, however, there's not a clear road map for which quests you should do and which ones you should save for later depending on your level and equipment.  It's a tad frustrating to do a quest you were assigned in the first village only to be completely outmatched by one of its common monsters.
Apr 13, 2016 7:34 AM
0 0
Even though it doesn't look super duper awesome, I'll probably pick up Doom 4. Just for sentimental value if nothing else. Although I might wait a couple of months for the price to come down.

Apr 13, 2016 7:47 AM
0 0
I'm also recovering from a long Fallout 4 binge.  I'm remodeling my basement into a nerd-centric paradise with a bar, so I'll probably download the new updates and material when it's done.

I'm also looking forward to the new Deus Ex.
Apr 13, 2016 8:12 AM
0 0
Anyone else looking forward to No Man's Sky?  

Gameplay here.
Apr 13, 2016 9:03 AM
0 0
138Anyone else looking forward to No Man's Sky?  

Gameplay here.

I'm in.
Apr 13, 2016 9:04 AM
0 0
138Anyone else looking forward to No Man's Sky?  

Gameplay here.

I'm enthusiastic for its scope and originality.  What concerns me is how repetitive the game might get, especially since it's formatted as a single player experience.
Apr 13, 2016 9:17 AM
0 0
I cannot wait for No Man's Sky. Its the game I have always wanted to play.

And it sort of has multiplayer as I understand - you just aren't likely to ever run across other players. That might be for the best anyway.
Apr 13, 2016 9:21 AM
0 0
King Elessar 8I cannot wait for No Man's Sky. Its the game I have always wanted to play.

And it sort of has multiplayer as I understand - you just aren't likely to ever run across other players. That might be for the best anyway.

It reminds me of the Elite series, of which the Elite: Frontier game really got me hooked.  What can propel the game is the adding of tools and capabilities that open new possibilities.  I've been fascinated by the craft and level of thought put into No Man's Sky--and will definitely give it a try--but I can't find myself geeking out because I sense monotony, at least based on the gameplay I see thus far.
Apr 13, 2016 9:44 AM
0 0
This thread reminds me that I have Dark Souls 3 preodered. I should probably look into picking that up.

I'm also looking forward to the final chapter of The Uncharted series, although I may just wait to rent that from redbox.
Apr 13, 2016 10:05 AM
0 0
Maxx PowerzThis thread reminds me that I have Dark Souls 3 preodered. I should probably look into picking that up.

I'm also looking forward to the final chapter of The Uncharted series, although I may just wait to rent that from redbox.

My wife got me the Uncharted collection for Christmas.  I played though the first and part of #2 and had to put it down for awhile.  I love the games and the remasters look fantastic, but I just tire of the "arrive in location, fight 3 waves of enemies, move to new location, etc." pattern that's prevalent in the games.  
Apr 13, 2016 12:04 PM
0 0
King Elessar 8I have been playing Fallout 4 for ages. Whenever I finish that game (if I do), I plan on starting Witcher 3 or The Last of Us.

Seriously.
The problem with this game is that you can essentially play it forever.
No Man's Sky... I probably should just never play it.
Apr 13, 2016 12:29 PM
0 0

Both are great games.  

Witcher 3 is a bit of an odd duck.  It totally deserves the praise it gets in terms of story and graphics, but at the same time, many of the quests seem to go on for too long.  This leads to the classic "I'll do this thing for you if you do this one thing for me" scenario, but it feels like it's about 5 or 6 things you need to do for Character X in order to proceed.  And I felt it in mostly every story quest.  That bugged me.  But it's gorgeous, the gameplay is good (not great), and it's freakin' huge.  It's also the only game that I purchased the Season Pass for.

As for Fallout 4, I screwed myself out of a whole bunch of quests for the Brotherhood of Steel by losing my temper and blowing them all away at the Police Station early on.  So I only had Railroad and Institute quests to deal with.  Story's over for me and I don't feel like there's anything else for me to do.  I'm pretty sure I've done most of the side quests.

I finished the story, only worked with BoS once, and I've played approximately 30 hours of real-life time since I finished.  And I see no end in sight.
Apr 13, 2016 12:31 PM
0 0
Next up for me is Until Dawn.
Apr 13, 2016 12:32 PM
0 0
I've been enjoying the "lowest common denominator" that is Star Wars Battefront. My wife bought it for my birthday in February, and while it is a very stripped down shooter, I like that it's something my daughter can watch me play and I don't have to mute racist 12 year olds as there is no voice chat. It's harmless fluff, and I really like getting to run around and act out my Star Wars fantasies.

I will also say that The Witcher 3 might be my favorite game of this Gen. It's huge, and gorgeous, and I really felt compelled to play it "correctly".

The new episodic Hitman game is different. I have always loved the series, but I found the last one way too constricted and linear. Having a wide open world to work in as well as a lot of fun community submitted missions makes it feel more like the old series. I will say, it's way easier than it used to be, but sometimes I just want to waste 45 minutes setting up some sort of methodical hit. It's so rewarding when it all comes together. 
Apr 13, 2016 2:09 PM
0 0
Wooley

Both are great games.  

As for Fallout 4, I screwed myself out of a whole bunch of quests for the Brotherhood of Steel by losing my temper and blowing them all away at the Police Station early on.  So I only had Railroad and Institute quests to deal with.  Story's over for me and I don't feel like there's anything else for me to do.  I'm pretty sure I've done most of the side quests.

I finished the story, only worked with BoS once, and I've played approximately 30 hours of real-life time since I finished.  And I see no end in sight.

Tips? I feel like now me & Piper are just walking the Earth. 
Apr 13, 2016 3:02 PM
0 0
Anybody playing Killer Instinct? I downloaded the Windows 10 version. It's pretty rad.
Apr 13, 2016 3:31 PM
0 0