You have to love Trump for a shining a light on who the Repub voting base really is.

Esoteric Allusion

Jill Stein everyone. Who is, as of right now, conservatively costing Clinton about 1% of the vote in a tight election. Also, for a presidential candidate, she has a stunning lack of understanding of how Congress works.

Reminds of that Onion story from 2000 about the people in Vermont crucifying Ralph Nader.
Sep 26, 2016 1:38 AM
0 0
Yeah, a President Trump with a Republican house and senate won't be able to get anything through, but a President Clinton will. Totally logical.
Sep 26, 2016 3:47 AM
0 0
John Oliver just did the ultimate thorough breakdown of the Hillary scandals vs. Trump scandals issue, ending with a typical John Oliver stunt at the end that I won't spoil. Of course, it will do absolutely nothing to avert our probably imminent disaster. All of the people capable of being guided by logic are set in their vote, one way or the other.
Sep 26, 2016 3:53 AM
0 0
Infinitus Corsair
Esoteric Allusion

Jill Stein everyone. Who is, as of right now, conservatively costing Clinton about 1% of the vote in a tight election. Also, for a presidential candidate, she has a stunning lack of understanding of how Congress works.

Reminds of that Onion story from 2000 about the people in Vermont crucifying Ralph Nader.

At one point I thought the Green Party sounded like a great plan. ?Then I heard them open their mouths and spill stupid all down my ears.
And Jill Stein has only shown to be the ideal leader of those ideals. ?She gives hippies a bad name.
Sep 26, 2016 3:56 AM
0 0
Hippies are full of bad ideas. I am of those people so I can say that. Peace and love: all good. The government did 9/11 and scientists are trying to turn us into rodents with GMOs: yeah, no, but happy trails, brother.
Sep 26, 2016 4:02 AM
0 0
In the ABC/WaPo poll that has Clinton up nationally by two points, there's this tidbit:

By a healthy margin, voters see Trump as more honest and trustworthy than Clinton. I'm blaming media coverage for this.
Sep 26, 2016 4:06 AM
0 0
wirthlingHippies are full of bad ideas. I am of those people so I can say that. Peace and love: all good. The government did 9/11 and scientists are trying to turn us into rodents with GMOs: yeah, no, but happy trails, brother.

That's because hippy types are more concerned about their identity than being themselves.
You cunts.
Sep 26, 2016 4:10 AM
0 0
Bigwig
wirthlingHippies are full of bad ideas. I am of those people so I can say that. Peace and love: all good. The government did 9/11 and scientists are trying to turn us into rodents with GMOs: yeah, no, but happy trails, brother.

That's because hippy types are more concerned about their identity than being themselves.
You cunts.

Happy trails, brother.
Sep 26, 2016 4:15 AM
0 0
Check out this Political piece where they get all fair and balanced by "fact-checking" Clinton on her lies. Only, unlike Trump where nearly everything significant he says is an avalanche of blantant lies, what they find for Clinton involves some serious reaches.

For instance:

Trump?s ?economic plans would ... include an estimated $4 billion tax cut for his own family just by eliminating the estate tax.??(the?New York Times, Sept. 21)

The accuracy of Clinton?s claim depends on Trump?s net worth ? a matter of dispute. Trump has claimed he's worth $10 billion. If so,?the?Wall Street Journal?reports that applying a 40 percent estate tax rate (which applies to wealth above $10.9 million), Trump would have to pay about $4 billion in the estate tax. Analyses by Bloomberg News and other organizations, however, pegged Trump?s net worth closer to $3 billion, meaning his estate tax payment would be closer to $1.2 billion.

Yes, let's criticize Clinton for taking Trump's statement about his own net worth at face value. Every example they use ranges from "It's more complicated than that", to what Clinton is saying being flat true and Political trying to nitpick by not understanding the context. So, for example, they also also ding Clinton for saying that Trump has refused to admit Obama is an American, born in America. This is true, but Political points out Donald Trump says he's changed his opinion on that now. So Clinton gets a demerit. Not a single example they use is an actual straightforward lie and the piece itself is more dishonest than anything they cite.

It's this tone that helps explain why Americans consider Trump the more honest candidate by a good margin.

Sep 26, 2016 12:31 PM
0 0
Sep 26, 2016 6:08 PM
0 0
This is not an encouraging poll:

Only 1/3rd of polled Republicans are confident the election outcome won't be rigged in Clinton's favor.

https://politicalwire.com/2016/10/01/trump-suggests-might-not-recognize-clinton-win/

This is occurring in the context of Trump hinting that he will not support the legitimacy of a president Clinton and also suggesting his people show up at the polls to engage in totally-not-intimidation.

It's not good that this many Republicans don't buy the legitimacy of democracy when their guy doesn't win and it's especially not good when their current leader has repeatedly shown the inclination to nurture that sentiment.
Oct 4, 2016 3:42 AM
0 0
We were such naive and beautiful bright young things.
Jul 12, 2017 1:34 AM
0 0
Jul 12, 2017 3:19 AM
0 0
MeowWe were such naive and beautiful bright young things.

Things sure change quickly.
Jul 14, 2017 5:18 AM
0 0