OT's New Video Game Thread (Now with HP)

Original Poster
Zuben made a good point.
May 8, 2015 8:35 PM
0 0
Guys, Darkest Dungeons is still in Beta, but it's pretty fun.
May 8, 2015 8:37 PM
0 0
Zuben (in the other thread)By the way, the character that The Witcher is based on? His first book of short stories about the character is really, really fun. Most of the stories play into some old fairy tale and then pervert them. For instance, he comes across Beauty and the Beast, but the Beast is a slave to Beauty, who is some kind of vampire.

It is pretty great.  The first two books are short stories (the second one gets an English translation release on the 19th) which are great introductions to the character and world.  The books after that are one storyline that is being concluded by this last game.
May 8, 2015 8:45 PM
0 0
I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but one of my best friends from high school is the designer/programmer for the Dragon Fantasy series (on PSN, PC, iOS, elsewhere) that are 8-bit/16-bit throwback RPG games. They are pretty fun, but he also basically made them a sort of living memorial to his dead parents--the lead character is basically his dad and his mom is dead too and somehow is relevant somehow.
May 8, 2015 9:07 PM
0 0
That's unsettling. You having friends in high school, I mean. The parent stuff is pretty weird as well. If it comes to Android I'll check it out.
May 8, 2015 9:09 PM
0 0
Almasy CR
Zuben (in the other thread)By the way, the character that The Witcher is based on? His first book of short stories about the character is really, really fun. Most of the stories play into some old fairy tale and then pervert them. For instance, he comes across Beauty and the Beast, but the Beast is a slave to Beauty, who is some kind of vampire.

It is pretty great.  The first two books are short stories (the second one gets an English translation release on the 19th) which are great introductions to the character and world.  The books after that are one storyline that is being concluded by this last game.

I got impatient and read a fan translation for The Swallow's Tower. I learned my lesson. It wasn't awful, but I'd rather wait. I do wish they'd hurry the rest of the translations up though.
May 8, 2015 9:24 PM
0 0
Almasy CR

I got impatient and read a fan translation for The Swallow's Tower. I learned my lesson. It wasn't awful, but I'd rather wait. I do wish they'd hurry the rest of the translations up though.

I read a fan translation for the second book that was actually pretty good, with a few issues here and there.  Since they originally skipped this one in the retail translations I didn't know if we'd ever get it.  I agree about them taking too long to release them.
May 8, 2015 9:37 PM
0 0
Still playing Skyrim....
May 9, 2015 12:11 AM
0 0
I don't play Guild Wars 2 but apparently there's a hacker called Darkside who've been exploiting the game and several players made youtube videos to gather evidence against him.
The result: the hacker was stripped of all his clothes and forced to jump off a bridge to his death. Also, he was banned.
May 13, 2015 10:06 AM
0 0
Nobby NobbsI don't play Guild Wars 2

Hey, me either. I wonder if the rest of this post will interest me.

Nobby Nobbsbut apparently there's a hacker called Darkside who've been exploiting the game and several players made youtube videos to gather evidence against him.
The result: the hacker was stripped of all his clothes and forced to jump off a bridge to his death. Also, he was banned.

Nope!
May 13, 2015 10:14 AM
0 0
I played with myself today.
May 13, 2015 10:16 AM
0 0
NimChimpsky

Hey, me either.  I wonder if the rest of this post will interest me.

Nobby Nobbsbut apparently there's a hacker called Darkside who've been exploiting the game and several players made youtube videos to gather evidence against him.

Nope!

I thought it was worth a chuckle.

*chuckle*
May 13, 2015 1:54 PM
0 0
Nobby Nobbs
NimChimpsky

Hey, me either.  I wonder if the rest of this post will interest me.

Nope!

I thought it was worth a chuckle.

*chuckle*

I'm sorry, Nobby. I went back and gave it another chance. I chuckled, buddy.
May 13, 2015 1:56 PM
0 0
Fallout 4 announcement imminent.
Jun 2, 2015 7:51 AM
0 0
NimChimpskyFallout 4 announcement imminent.

Jun 2, 2015 7:52 AM
0 0
ej
At E3?  

Bethesda could be just pimping the new Doom.  But they could of course announce more than one title.
Jun 2, 2015 7:57 AM
0 0
They might not be announcing it officially until the E3 in a couple of days, but the various Bethesda Facebook pages changed their cover photos to the Fallout standby image. Either it really is imminent, or Bethesda is pure evil.
Jun 2, 2015 7:57 AM
0 0
ej
Jun 2, 2015 7:58 AM
0 0
I don't usually geek out for stuff like this, but Fallout 3 is probably my favorite game ever, and New Vegas was . . . uh, not bad. So yeah, pumped.
Jun 2, 2015 8:00 AM
0 0
ej
I haven't played any Fallout, but got really immersed in Skyrim despite my many, many reservations with that game.  

The next Elder Scrolls is obviously a couple years away, and there's no way that would be fast-tracked at the expense of Fallout, so I have no idea why anyone thought that it would be the star of the E3 show.
Jun 2, 2015 8:03 AM
0 0