The Movie OST Thread

Original Poster
Here, we can discuss movie scores/soundtracks, as I think music can make or break moments in a film.

Feb 28, 2015 2:04 PM
0 0
Johnny Kashmir I thought I'd make a thread to lighten up the mood. Here, we can discuss movie scores/soundtracks, as I think music can make or break moments in a film.

Anyway, does anyone have any specific recommendations on The Grand Budapest Hotel soundtrack? I've downloaded Mr. Moustafa, The Cold-Blooded Murder of Deputy Vilmos Kovacs, and Canto at Gabelmeisters Peak.

what mood?  it's all pretty good up in here right now...you will know when the mood turns...
Feb 28, 2015 2:06 PM
0 0
Daddy Warbucks
Johnny Kashmir I thought I'd make a thread to lighten up the mood. Here, we can discuss movie scores/soundtracks, as I think music can make or break moments in a film.

Anyway, does anyone have any specific recommendations on The Grand Budapest Hotel soundtrack? I've downloaded Mr. Moustafa, The Cold-Blooded Murder of Deputy Vilmos Kovacs, and Canto at Gabelmeisters Peak.

what mood?  it's all pretty good up in here right now...you will know when the mood turns...

There's been some moderate bile being thrown around the forum (Though mainly at Aaron). Plus, I wanted an excuse to talk about movie OSTs.
Feb 28, 2015 2:07 PM
0 0
Technically it's not an OST, but Kingsman has a fantastic soundtrack that I've been listening to a lot.
0 0
Great soundtrack.
0 0
John TylerGreat soundtrack.

Any recommendations?
Feb 28, 2015 2:08 PM
0 0
Johnny Kashmir
Daddy Warbucks

There's been some moderate bile being thrown around the forum (Though mainly at Aaron). Plus, I wanted an excuse to talk about movie OSTs.

that's just a normal day - nobody is taking that guy seriously in the least
Feb 28, 2015 2:09 PM
0 0
Daddy Warbucks
Johnny Kashmir
Daddy Warbucks

that's just a normal day - nobody is taking that guy seriously in the least

True.
Feb 28, 2015 2:09 PM
0 0
Everything Hans Zimmer. The composers behind the Gone Girl soundtrack. The Attack the Block soundtrack. Anything Grand Budapest Hotel. Eminem - Lose Yourself, and yeah.... 
Feb 28, 2015 2:37 PM
0 0
Any specific recommendations for GBH?
Feb 28, 2015 2:40 PM
0 0
Thomas TerfieAlexandre Desplat's score for Godzilla is my favorite of the year.  It has this retro vibe.  Lots of brass and fits well with the film.

Hans Zimmer's score for Interstellar was fantastic as well.  Highlights would be Mountains and Day One Dark.

I think Hans Zimmer should have won the Oscar, but I still really like Alexandre Desplat's Grand Budapest Hotel soundtrack, so I'm fine with the latter's victory. I already have Mountains. Is Day One Dark on iTunes yet?
I also like Desplat's Godzilla theme a lot, too.
Feb 28, 2015 3:32 PM
0 0
Listening to Day One Dark right now. Reminds me of Requiem by Gyorgy Ligeti a little bit.
Feb 28, 2015 3:33 PM
0 0
Thomas TerfieAlexandre Desplat's score for Godzilla is my favorite of the year.  It has this retro vibe.  Lots of brass and fits well with the film.

Hans Zimmer's score for Interstellar was fantastic as well.  Highlights would be Mountains and Day One Dark.

Like the rest of the movie, Desplat's score felt very Spielbergian to me. I loved it.

I have the whole Insterstellar soundtrack on my iPod. Zimmer's best score since Inception. My favorite tracks: Cornfield Chase, Stay, Mountains, Coward, Detach, No Time for Caution.
Feb 28, 2015 3:36 PM
0 0
Andrew Milito

Like the rest of the movie, Desplat's score felt very Spielbergian to me. I loved it.

I have the whole Insterstellar soundtrack on my iPod. Zimmer's best score since Inception. My favorite tracks: Cornfield Chase, Stay, Mountains, Coward, Detach, No Time for Caution.

I have Day One, Mountains, Coward, and No Time For Caution. I like Cornfield Chase, though part of me thinks it's kind of unnecessary to download since a lot of its composition is already on Day One.
Feb 28, 2015 3:42 PM
0 0
Thomas Terfie
Johnny KashmirListening to Day One Dark right now. Reminds me of Requiem by Gyorgy Ligeti a little bit.

Yes!   That'swhat I thought at first, but it switches gears really fast.

I agree. I think Hans Zimmer can elevate a film's quality with his scores (Except for The Amazing Spider-Man 2's dubstep).
Feb 28, 2015 3:43 PM
0 0
Andrew Milito

Listening to S.T.A.Y. right now. Which part does it play through, again?
Feb 28, 2015 3:44 PM
0 0
Johnny Kashmir
Andrew Milito

Wait... this is in the five-dimension tesseract, right? Also, it reminds me of some songs in the soundtracks for Gravity and Moon. Just saying.
Feb 28, 2015 3:45 PM
0 0
Johnny Kashmir
Johnny Kashmir
Andrew Milito

Wait... this is in the five-dimension tesseract, right? Also, it reminds me of some songs in the soundtracks for Gravity and Moon. Just saying.

Yeah. The one I like is Stay, not S.T.A.Y. It's the one that plays when they first go to space.
Feb 28, 2015 3:47 PM
0 0
Andrew Milito
Johnny Kashmir
Johnny Kashmir
Andrew Milito

Yeah. The one I like is Stay, not S.T.A.Y. It's the one that plays when they first go to space.

Whoops. I totally meant the former. I remember it playing now.
Feb 28, 2015 3:53 PM
0 0
Listening to Detach right now.
Feb 28, 2015 3:54 PM
0 0