Everyone should be watching Silicon Valley

therereturnAdd the colon.  It's pretty funny.  

Anal dilation aside....
Jun 12, 2015 2:46 PM
0 0
Did I miss an episode or was the Carla character added seemingly out of no where?  Like, one episode she doesn't exist and then the next episode she not only exists, but has the feel of a character that's been around the whole time.  Why was she crow-barred in so forcefully?  She kinda' sticks out like a sore thumb; she's the hip, sassy chick among the group of super dorks.  Was the character added by a producer's demand to cater to a particular demo, or something?  Or, as I asked, did I miss an episode somewhere?

Even if you go to the piedpiper website and scroll down to the "who we are" section her icon is there among the primary characters, while it ignores other main characters. Like, what the hell is going on? Did someone at HBO go, "Dudes, where the girls at?!" or something?
Jun 14, 2015 4:59 PM
0 0
I mean, I don't think she's been very prevalent outside of like her intro arc when they were looking for new hires.

But I think it's clear the series has been having some weird growing pains this season. She was introduced, seemed important for a few episodes, and now I can't even remember if she was in the past couple. Erlich's Asian sidekick was made a series regular but has actually probably done less this season than the first. Laurie is supposed to be a series regular too but didn't have much to do outside of the first few episodes. Heck they've had trouble fitting Monica into a lot of episodes really. I imagine obviously some of this is because of Welch's death but I would not be surprised if they've just been rewriting a lot of the season.
Jun 14, 2015 5:14 PM
0 0
Matthew Good... BandDid I miss an episode or was the Carla character added seemingly out of no where?  Like, one episode she doesn't exist and then the next episode she not only exists, but has the feel of a character that's been around the whole time.  Why was she crow-barred in so forcefully?  She kinda' sticks out like a sore thumb; she's the hip, sassy chick among the group of super dorks.  Was the character added by a producer's demand to cater to a particular demo, or something?  Or, as I asked, did I miss an episode somewhere?

Even if you go to the piedpiper website and scroll down to the "who we are" section her icon is there among the primary characters, while it ignores other main characters.  Like, what the hell is going on?  Did someone at HBO go, "Dudes, where the girls at?!" or something?

There was an episode early this season where they were interviewing engineers and it was down to Carla and this guy Gilfoyle hated. Then when she was hired she was playing tricks on Gilfoyle and Dinesh. That was her first episode.
Jun 14, 2015 5:44 PM
0 0
The season was a tad sloppy but I think it had higher highs than s1. I quite liked the finale. SPOILER

As much as I want to root for Richard, he was so damn careless and dumb this season, I can't really feel too bad about him being removed from power in his own company. 
Jun 14, 2015 10:52 PM
0 0
Loved Chris Diamantopoulos and the not-an-attorney guy this year.
Jun 15, 2015 2:38 AM
0 0
Great finale.  I'm still laughing at the guitar meme a day later.
Jun 15, 2015 5:42 AM
0 0
Deschain
Matthew Good... BandDid I miss an episode or was the Carla character added seemingly out of no where?  Like, one episode she doesn't exist and then the next episode she not only exists, but has the feel of a character that's been around the whole time.  Why was she crow-barred in so forcefully?  She kinda' sticks out like a sore thumb; she's the hip, sassy chick among the group of super dorks.  Was the character added by a producer's demand to cater to a particular demo, or something?  Or, as I asked, did I miss an episode somewhere?

Even if you go to the piedpiper website and scroll down to the "who we are" section her icon is there among the primary characters, while it ignores other main characters.  Like, what the hell is going on?  Did someone at HBO go, "Dudes, where the girls at?!" or something?

There was an episode early this season where they were interviewing engineers and it was down to Carla and this guy Gilfoyle hated. Then when she was hired she was playing tricks on Gilfoyle and Dinesh. That was her first episode.

Oh, I totally missed that episode.  How silly of me.
Jul 5, 2015 7:43 PM
0 0
Is anyone else still watching? Season 4 is off to a good start. I have a feeling that the next episode will be a bottle episode featuring a 20-minute conversation between Richard and Gavin and I'm totally okay with that.
May 10, 2017 7:07 PM
0 0
Yeah this season's been real good so far. The stuff with Gavin and the private jet in the first episode, Jin Yang's new app, Dinesh's CEO look, and Bighead at Stanford have all been gold.
May 10, 2017 8:17 PM
0 0
Has anyone tried out the Not Hotdog app yet? I wonder how functional it is.
May 19, 2017 12:28 PM
0 0
The last episode was fantastic. It redeemed what has been a good, but not great season. I especially liked Jared's broken-hearted "Poop Faire?" reaction and the big twist at the end (I'm sure it's no coincidence that Haley Joel Osment was cast as this season's "villain," and what an odd little one he is).

Now, let's see if the Galaxy Note incident is due to Richard's WiFi app or Keenan' s VR app.
Jun 20, 2017 12:31 PM
0 0
Been watching since the first season, and while i enjoy seeing Richard's hopes being dashed season after season, it would be nice to see him get his company off the ground already. Maybe they are saving that for a storyline closer towards the end of the shows run, but I feel like it is still going strong.

Also, TJ Miller's standup was decent but he went on a little too long on thst bit about the battle axe.
Jun 20, 2017 2:20 PM
0 0
I been digging this season a lot. The past couple seasons felt like they sacrificed the lols for storytelling but brought the funny back full force here. I still want more of Bighead though. They kinda dropped him altogether.
Jun 20, 2017 3:57 PM
0 0
I have been watching it and think it is doing quite well than a couple of seasons ago. I read that TJ Miller was officially leaving the show, so I wonder if the Nepal route is how they will do it.

Jun 20, 2017 10:18 PM
0 0
Since no one wanted to start a Veep thread this year (I hate starting TV threads, btw), I'll use this one to point out how much I miss Sue this year. Jewish Jonah Ryan is fine and all, but he needs the shaming from Sue's vulpine shade.
Jun 26, 2017 3:20 AM
0 0
Kentucky Fried Christ, Lux. It is now.
Jun 26, 2017 3:41 AM
0 0
OK, fine. I also miss Big Head.

And Amanda Crew's role has been severely limited this season
Jun 26, 2017 4:10 AM
0 0
See? You don't even watch the show. Get out.
Jun 26, 2017 4:26 AM
0 0
Janson JinnistanSince no one wanted to start a Veep thread this year (I hate starting TV threads, btw), I'll use this one to point out how much I miss Sue this year. Jewish Jonah Ryan is fine and all, but he needs the shaming from Sue's vulpine shade.

Crazy good season of Veep this year. Can't wait for the new season.

Finale of Silicon Valley was also solid. I'm glad there was less Monica. She's kinda boring.
Jun 26, 2017 5:20 AM
0 0