New NBA thread

boozeIf someone finds me that bet, I'll even give a 10% finder's fee.

Don't think I've ever seen a bet structured like that. Usually its division odds or over/under on a season win total.
Aug 5, 2017 5:30 AM
0 0

Remember when you signed a guy who can't shoot 3s at all to a $139m contract? Good luck with that.
Aug 5, 2017 6:39 AM
0 0
HoboJoe

Remember when you signed a guy who can't shoot 3s at all to a $139m contract? Good luck with that.

Hey, remember when your team committed $128 million for one fewer year to a nerdy white guy whose best sport is tennis?
Aug 5, 2017 7:42 AM
0 0
booze
HoboJoe

Hey, remember when your team committed $128 million for one fewer year to a nerdy white guy whose best sport is tennis?

Pretty happy with the guy who can, you know, shoot and defend
Aug 5, 2017 4:06 PM
0 0
Both of your teams are thoroughly mediocre and have zero chance of winning a title next year. Let's not bicker over whose team is marginally better.
Aug 5, 2017 9:39 PM
0 0
Celtics-Cavs trade talks for Kyrie in progress, possibly involving Thomas, Crowder, and picks. Not sure why Celtics would give up assets just to replace one high-scoring zero-defense PG with another.
Aug 22, 2017 10:32 PM
0 0
wirthlingCeltics-Cavs trade talks for Kyrie in progress, possibly involving Thomas, Crowder, and picks. Not sure why Celtics would give up assets just to replace one high-scoring zero-defense PG with another.

Irving is younger and far more likely to be the #2 on a title contender in the next 3-4 years than is Thomas. I still support this trade for Boston, depending on the extras they throw in.
Aug 22, 2017 11:18 PM
0 0
IT, Jae Crowder, Zizic, and 2018 Nets unprotected pick. That pick is going to be really important when LeBron leaves.
Aug 22, 2017 11:27 PM
0 0
HoboJoeKyrie is one of the most overrated stars in the league. His teams were awful before LeBron came to town and the Cavs are just as awful when Kyrie plays with LeBron on the bench. I wouldn't trade him straight up for Isaiah Thomas right now*

*Cue HurricaneKid aneurysm

So uh...
Aug 22, 2017 11:32 PM
0 0
That ECF is going to be crazy
Aug 22, 2017 11:36 PM
0 0
WrecklooseIT, Jae Crowder, Zizic, and 2018 Nets unprotected pick. That pick is going to be really important when LeBron leaves.

Man, Ainge has the biggest balls since Sam Cassell. That's a much bigger gamble than the Fultz swap in my mind. The luck of the Lakers ping pong balls is gonna be huge next year.
Aug 22, 2017 11:39 PM
0 0
DetrimentalThat ECF is going to be crazy

I can't think of anything like this in American sports where two rivals so obviously destined to meet again rearrange their rosters between high-stakes meetings. The Cavs are going to roll them, but it should still be interesting.
Aug 22, 2017 11:43 PM
0 0
Infinitus Corsair
wirthlingCeltics-Cavs trade talks for Kyrie in progress, possibly involving Thomas, Crowder, and picks. Not sure why Celtics would give up assets just to replace one high-scoring zero-defense PG with another.

Irving is younger and far more likely to be the #2 on a title contender in the next 3-4 years than is Thomas. I still support this trade for Boston, depending on the extras they throw in.

Irving is younger and a little better but I would not give up that Brooklyn pick to make this happen.
Aug 22, 2017 11:46 PM
0 0
wirthling
Infinitus Corsair

Irving is younger and a little better but I would not give up that Brooklyn pick to make this happen.

Nor would I. I mean, this is the player Boston finally parts with assets to get?
Aug 22, 2017 11:50 PM
0 0
Bigwig
wirthling
Infinitus Corsair

Nor would I. I mean, this is the player Boston finally parts with assets to get?

I mean, it's not like they sold the farm for him. They gave up Isaiah who could have been a difficult contact renewal, Crowder who's very good but at a positional logjam, and kept Brown, Tatum, and the Lakers/Kings pick.
Aug 22, 2017 11:54 PM
0 0
HoboJoe
Bigwig
wirthling
Infinitus Corsair

I mean, it's not like they sold the farm for him. They gave up Isaiah who could have been a difficult contact renewal, Crowder who's very good but at a positional logjam, and kept Brown, Tatum, and the Lakers/Kings pick.

I just feel like they could have gotten a better player than Kyrie Irving with all those assets.
Aug 23, 2017 12:10 AM
0 0
Cavs won that trade by a wide margin.
Aug 23, 2017 12:14 AM
0 0
Bigwig
HoboJoe
Bigwig
wirthling
Infinitus Corsair

I just feel like they could have gotten a better player than Kyrie Irving with all those assets.

You're not wrong per se. Just keep in mind that Boston still probably has the edge on every other team on a package for Anthony Davis two years from now with Brown, Tatum, Lakers/Kings pick and Horford (to match salaries).
Aug 23, 2017 12:26 AM
0 0
Steal for the Cavs. I think that trade actually diminishes the Celtics, and makes the likelihood of the Raptors/Bucks/Wizards sneaking in there greater.
Aug 23, 2017 12:30 AM
0 0

@NBA2KWhoops

Aug 23, 2017 12:34 PM
0 0